Announcement

Collapse

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

11/15: Jack of all Trades, Master of Fun

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11/15: Jack of all Trades, Master of Fun

Sue chats with Disneyland's first president Jack Lindquist about his new book "In Service to the Mouse" - BONUS: Free
    Chapter - Discuss it here...

DIRECT ARTICLE LINK: Jack of all Trades, Master of Fun - MiceAge.com
    "Politics is the profession whereby the inevitable is made to seem a great human achievement" - Quentin Crisp

Re: 11/15: Jack of all Trades, Master of Fun

Folks, this is an amazing interview. Don't miss it.

I've had the pleasure of meeting Jack and seeing him speak many times. He's a man of a different age and so interesting. So much of what Disneyland became began with Jack. And so many of the Golden Age memories are due to him as well. In a time before 18 month "Celebrations" and "Dreams" campaigns there were summer-long celebrations like "Blast from the past" and "State Fair" which created a fun new reason to visit the park but you had to act quickly to see them because they didn't over stay their welcome like today's marketing campaigns do.

Jack is one of those guys who has stories. But unlike most older gentlemen who like to talk about the past, Jack's stories have Walt, Imagineers and Disneyland history and legends in them!

Jack is a living legend from Disney's golden age.
    Jack of all Trades, Master of Fun - MiceAge.com
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
    Save

Comment

Interesting to say the least, but I choose not to read that particular chapter in this article, because I wanted to read it first hand, myself.

Timekeeper
      sigpicNow the Tower of Sauron has fallen
      Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

Comment

Very interesting thread! This brings a lot of new information about Disneyland. Jack really looks like a man you could depend on for something like a NY's party for the park that Walt would have wanted.

Thanks for the interesting article!

AUTOPIA: Fan Since 1991

Comment

I find it interesting that he dislikes the whole "What would Walt have done?" thing which gets thrown around here too much.

Comment

I loved the article. I wish I'd gone on Grad Nite. I had the opportunity to go as a teacher, free, as a chaperon, but passed because the kids and teachers that went look so exhausted the next day, a busy day for teachers, who have to do report cards and get their rooms ready for the summer. The stories by Jack were classic, to say the least, and hilarious, at the most.

Comment

can anyone get inservicetothemouse.com to work? i've been trying it since the article went up and it never loads?

Comment

book ordered - don't disappoint

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Tibs View Post
                  can anyone get inservicetothemouse.com to work? i've been trying it since the article went up and it never loads?
                  yup - just ordered now

Comment

i think it was because i'm in the uk. just got on to it through a proxy server though!

Comment

I think it was more of a reflex action to go to the site and order the book, but there might have been a second or two of hesitation. The thing is, this book was just as much of a no-brainer purchase as Steve DeGaetano's or Kevin Yee's Disneyland books. There are just some people where no matter WHAT the cost or content, you buy their books just out of a sheer reflex action.

Of course, good faith can dwindle quickly so please don't let this be an excuse for good writers to put out garbage for people to buy.

Comment

Al, thanks for the focus on this legend, and for your posts. Watching the launch party video from the Nixon site, and hearing Marty's comments and banter is what had me finally clicking the button to go buy the book. I am buying it for my Wife as a stocking stuffer, but now I cant wait to read it myself

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X