This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6/21: Road Map

Grad Nights, DCA Timelines, Mermaid vs Stormtrooper, More... discuss it all here...

DIRECT ARTICLE LINK: Road Map - MiceAge.com
    "Politics is the profession whereby the inevitable is made to seem a great human achievement" - Quentin Crisp

Re: 6/21: Road Map

This is the best update in a long time. Not surprised that WDW "killed" Grad Nights. They purposely strangled and killed P.I. over a 5 year process so this comes as no surprise. I'm shocked the Halloween and Xmas parties aren't suffering the same fate as they have been decimated of entertainment and value as well.
    Baxter stil has blood in his veins yet! Ecstatic to hear that he is going to do a major Matterhorn redo. Could this maybe be a precursor to new FX in the dark rides for New Fantasyland's 30th in 2013??
    I can totally see WDI-Glendale doing a tasteful Poppins theme to Plaza. I can see a retro-60s mural themed to the story behind the counter and maybe some carousel horses inside. Hell, they might use elemnts of Baxters never built Poppins ride. Al, do you know if the indoor Carnation part will return to its original design?

Comment

Good article. I'm amazed that DCA won't be finished until end of June 2012. I delayed my trips intentionally so I can see the final result. It is likely I won't be back until fall 2012 after the initial crowds dissipate.

I hope for the best for Cedar Fair. I want Matt to fix Knott's, which is in severe need of maintenance. This park has turned into Magic Mountain instead of more like Disneyland with its recent additions.

Comment

Fantastic update!! It's amazing to see all of the happenings at the resort from a backstage perspective. I always look forward to your updates and appreciate all your hard work in gathering the information.

I'm wondering how in the world they are going to build Buena Vista Street so quickly and keep all the details. Is anyone else concerned about this? I hope they don't significantly cut out a lot of the details just to make the scheduled media presentation for 2012.

p.s. I LOVE THE CHRISTMAS IN THE CARRIBEAN...but Al, are they going to require an upcharge to enjoy the attraction?

Comment

Excellent and encouraging report, Al. I especially was thrilled with the news that they might be bringing back shows in the Fantasyland Theater. That whole princess thing really bothered me - not that it existed, but that it took that prime theater location. You can paint a kid's face and do the hair anywhere, but you need a real theater space to put on a show. Let's hope that possibility becomes a reality!

Comment

Comment

Thanks so much for the incredible update, Al! So much detailed information is a pleasure to read. A few queries for future investigations:

Does anyone have a workable solution planned for the Alice in Wonderland tarp and safety rail disaster? It's been a year now since Alice has been up to show.

Is there any fresh news about restoring or reworking Rocket Jets platform and PeopleMover track? Or a timeline? Disneyland will never feel up to speed until those hulking deserted attractions come back to life.

Is there any credible evidence that the Country Bears might ever return in some form to Disneyland or DCA or is this just wishful internet thinking?

Why haven't they ever painted over the ugly Tomorrowland '98 "cosmic paisley" pattern underneath the Tomorrowland Terrace canopy? Will they ever?

Comment

merlin, thank you for brigning up the Alice thing. I too had wondered what the progress (or lack of it) is.

Comment

Great Article.
                  James

Once a Disney fan, always a Disney fan.

Comment

Originally posted by merlinjones View Post
                    Why haven't they ever painted over the ugly Tomorrowland '98 "cosmic paisley" pattern underneath the Tomorrowland Terrace canopy? Will they ever?
                    It was my understanding that this painting was a carbon copy of the artwork that existed there decades prior. If that's true, I think it should stay. Anybody remember?
                    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

Comment

Thanks for the update, Al.

I'm glad the rumor I posted back in February about Carnation Cafe and the Bakery is true. It's my favorite restaurant in the park.

Comment

so an interesting question - with all of the giveaways and ticket purchase options that come and go for disneyland, what happens when they move to a tiered pricing system? If I win a ticket that has some sort of expiration date 6 months from now, and it's during a period of time they may increase ticket prices, would the invalidate the ticket? It definitely would be difficult to track if their windows become 2 week upticks in price now and then. I would think they would go with an 8 week minimum - but then your winning tickets may not have the same value they used to (can you tell this is the way my family has gone to the park for the last three years?)

Comment

Merlin: >>Why haven't they ever painted over the ugly Tomorrowland '98 "cosmic paisley" pattern underneath the Tomorrowland Terrace canopy? Will they ever?<<

Spectro: >>It was my understanding that this painting was a carbon copy of the artwork that existed there decades prior. If that's true, I think it should stay. Anybody remember?<<

No it was just white originally '67-'97. That ugly blue and brown pattern was added for the Tomorrowland '98 debacle. Here is the evidence:

Recent image by bananaphone5000 on Photobucket

http://media.photobucket.com/image/r...S/TLB-6-68.jpg

Comment

Is it sad that I look forward to see what breakfast items Al will mention in the intro?

Comment

How will they enforce a picture on an AP?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X