This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9/20: Monkey See, You Do

Kevin looks at one of the games DisneyWorld is testing in their parks, Discuss it here...

DIRECT ARTICLE LINK: Monkey See, You Do - MiceAge.com
    "Politics is the profession whereby the inevitable is made to seem a great human achievement" - Quentin Crisp

Re: 9/20: Monkey See, You Do

I think the peeling signs problem is a matter of converting to digital prints glued to backboards as opposed to the old method of hand painting. Wonder how the Sign veterans feel about this..or if they've already been let go?
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

Comment

Originally posted by SpectroMan View Post
      I think the peeling signs problem is a matter of converting to digital prints glued to backboards as opposed to the old method of hand painting.
      It's a trial, and I think that once they get the idea down, the signs will be made to look more thematically appropriate.

My only issue is that the Wilderness Explorer theme really doesn't work for these remote sections of Animal Kingdom. However, if the signage is done tastefully, I could easily see a home for a Wilderness Explorer base camp on Discovery Island, or near the front of the park.
      -Monorail Man

Comment

Article typo: obviously, DAK opened in 1998, not 1989
        Kevin Yee
        MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
        Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
        Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
        Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
        Mouse Trap
        Tokyo Disney Made Easy
        101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
        Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

“The press [should be] a watchdog. Not an attack dog. Not a lapdog. A watchdog. Now, a watchdog can't be right all the time. He doesn't bark only when he sees or smells something that's dangerous. A good watchdog barks at things that are suspicious.” – Dan Rather

Comment

The old west scene is used whenever a pair of great movie ride vehicles leaves the station. If single vehicles are leaving the station, only the gangster scene is used.
          The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

Comment

Originally posted by KevinYee View Post
            Article typo: obviously, DAK opened in 1998, not 1989
            Thought it was, figured it didn't even need to be brought to your attention.
            It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X