This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11/2: Camp Spooky

The parks aren't alone in decorating for Halloween. Discuss it all here...

DIRECT ARTICLE LINK: Camp Spooky - MiceAge.com
    "Politics is the profession whereby the inevitable is made to seem a great human achievement" - Quentin Crisp

Re: 11/2: Camp Spooky

Thanks for the article. I think Disney at WDW is really missing the potential too for Halloween. They have a great family event at MK. But there is no teen events at the resort. If Disney were smart they would do a more teen oriented, maybe more maze filled, Halloween event at the Hollywood Studios. They might be getting families to fork over for two premium events for Halloween.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Comment

Is that Minnie in a bubble bath, or is she in ice with her kidney removed??????

Comment

How on Earth could people live year round at the Fort Wilderness campground? I love Disney, but that's just too much. How much is it per night to stay there?
        The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

Comment

Originally posted by sediment View Post
          Is that Minnie in a bubble bath, or is she in ice with her kidney removed??????
          Way off topic, but you know that is all urban myth, right?

snopes.com: Kidney Theft

Comment

Originally posted by JiminyCricketFan View Post
            Thanks for the article. I think Disney at WDW is really missing the potential too for Halloween. They have a great family event at MK. But there is no teen events at the resort. If Disney were smart they would do a more teen oriented, maybe more maze filled, Halloween event at the Hollywood Studios. They might be getting families to fork over for two premium events for Halloween.
            That could work, with importing HKDL's Halloween Mazes to DHS and it would sound awesome!

Timekeeper
            sigpicNow the Tower of Sauron has fallen
            Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

Comment

I was wondering the same thing, on how one is able to camp year round at the Fort Wilderness Camp Grounds?

Comment

When I heard that, I resolved to investigate for next time. There's a story there, I assume. My first question is whether the rules at Reedy Creek allow for it. Are there zoning issues to consider? Then again, there is precedent for long-term hotel stays, so it may not be an issue after all. But I do want to look into it when I get a chance.
                Kevin Yee
                MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
                Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
                Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
                Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
                Mouse Trap
                Tokyo Disney Made Easy
                101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
                Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

“The press [should be] a watchdog. Not an attack dog. Not a lapdog. A watchdog. Now, a watchdog can't be right all the time. He doesn't bark only when he sees or smells something that's dangerous. A good watchdog barks at things that are suspicious.” – Dan Rather

Comment

As always, thanks for a great article.

Interesting that you should look at private vs. professional holiday displays and the narrowing gap between the two, which I believe isn't so much Disney being a slouch, but rather the astounding drop in cost and leaps in power of technology to run such complex events. We, too, go crazy at Halloween and this year created our own 'End of Line Club' built out of vinyl downspouts, translucent plastic, and all controlled by a $150 16 channel 30 amp dimmer pack, run from the laptop you can see on the edge of the bar.
                  End of Line Club, Halloween on Vimeo

As long as Disney views the fan fervor as a compliment and a challenge, and stays ahead of the curve in scale, creativity and vision, (which they seem to be doing with the World of Color, Cars Land, etc,) we'll keep going back for years for pure amazment and inspiring concepts. Technology can run the vision, but it's the creative vision that sets Disney apart.

Comment

Originally posted by kindagoofy View Post

Interesting that you should look at private vs. professional holiday displays and the narrowing gap between the two, which I believe isn't so much Disney being a slouch, but rather the astounding drop in cost and leaps in power of technology to run such complex events.
                    Absolutely! We used to turn the yard and front room of our house into a mini haunted house for the trick-or-treaters, and the basement into aanother one for Halloween parties (Halloween came right between my sister's birthday and mine. so we had one big party in the middle instead of two). We had to make most of the decorations from scratch, because you just couldn't buy that stuff at Target like you can now. We made our own tombstones with wood, jigsaw, and paint; we wove our own fake cobwebs, we made bones, balls, and chains, and other props with papier mache, and foget about home fog machines - it was water and dry ice all the way! Kids today have it easy! (I'd better add another onion to my belt.)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X