This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/3: Get into the Groove

Kevin shows you the install for the Sorcerers in the Magic Kingdom interactive game. Discuss it here...

DIRECT ARTICLE LINK: Get into the Groove - MiceAge.com
    "Politics is the profession whereby the inevitable is made to seem a great human achievement" - Quentin Crisp

Re: 1/3: Get into the Groove

Is the beginning of this article missing? One paragraph is repeated twice, and it doesn't read like an opening.
    "Mr. Toad is still doing the Wild Thing in SoCal" -Fake Robert Christgau, http://christgaudoesdisney.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by crankypage View Post
      Is the beginning of this article missing? One paragraph is repeated twice, and it doesn't read like an opening.
      Yea, I noticed this too, Kevin, did you stay up last night or was it jet lag?

Timekeeper
      sigpicNow the Tower of Sauron has fallen
      Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

Comment

Not me - I submitted it with just one paragraph - it must have been duplicated in the editing process. I agree it's not a very effective first sentence, though.
        Kevin Yee
        MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
        Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
        Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
        Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
        Mouse Trap
        Tokyo Disney Made Easy
        101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
        Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

“The press [should be] a watchdog. Not an attack dog. Not a lapdog. A watchdog. Now, a watchdog can't be right all the time. He doesn't bark only when he sees or smells something that's dangerous. A good watchdog barks at things that are suspicious.” – Dan Rather

Comment

I wish each land had a thematically appropriate game for each individual land rather than 1 giant game that really only fits Fantasyland forced throughout the park where things won't make thematic sense.

Comment

Sorcerers will use special cards instead of cell phones, and the storyline has something to do with defeating Yzma and Kronk from Emperor’s New Groove (I know, I know… not my favorite, either).
            Hey, speak for yourself - some of us love that movie.

The game looks fun, and like at Epcot, it looks like the Imagineers did a pretty good job of finding places that are out of the way, and that don't currently receive a lot of attention or foot traffic from guests.

Thanks for the article, Kevin.

Comment

The Midship Detective Agency interactive game on the Disney Dream, while fun, isn't that elaborate. All the actions are done with the card, which contains some kind of 3D barcode. For example, by moving the card in various directions in front of the camera, you clean away dust or by moving it up you move a lever on-screen.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X