Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Apple lawsuit hurting MiceAge information?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Apple lawsuit hurting MiceAge information?

    There was recently a ruling where Apple Computer sued a website over dilvulging inside information and made the website reveal its sources. This I believe sets a precedence and I was just wondering if this affects Al's ability to get us extremely reliable and advanced information. In the past Al's told us about future closures, expansions, new rides and rehabs with stunning accuracy. Since Al has not given too much inside information about Disneyland recently, I was wondering if this lawsuit has any affect on his articles.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Athlonacon
    There was recently a ruling where Apple Computer sued a website over dilvulging inside information and made the website reveal its sources. This I believe sets a precedence and I was just wondering if this affects Al's ability to get us extremely reliable and advanced information. In the past Al's told us about future closures, expansions, new rides and rehabs with stunning accuracy. Since Al has not given too much inside information about Disneyland recently, I was wondering if this lawsuit has any affect on his articles.
    PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE. If anything, Al promotes the parks with nmews of great improvements
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

    [FONT=Arial Narrow]

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Cousin Orville
      PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE. If anything, Al promotes the parks with nmews of great improvements
      I agree. We love Al. <33

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Athlonacon
        This I believe sets a precedence and I was just wondering if this affects Al's ability to get us extremely reliable and advanced information.
        It doesn't.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Cousin Orville
          PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE. If anything, Al promotes the parks with nmews of great improvements
          So does Think Secret for Apple.


          BTW: Apple still hasn't won anything in the case. All they did was get past the inital hearings. The real battle is yet to be fought.

          Comment


          • #6
            Apple and Disney are not the same thing

            Apple is dealing with Technology and patents; Disney is dealing with rides and attractions. Not the same thing.

            Now ... if Disney had something was "Insider information" that had a patent pending for some kind of new technology that may be a horse of a different color.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by sir clinksalot
              Apple is dealing with Technology and patents; Disney is dealing with rides and attractions. Not the same thing.
              I disagree with this statement...

              I think you mean something like the following:

              "Though Disney is deals with content and copywrite, it is because Al reports on rides and attractions it's not exactly the same thing..."
              Check out my other blog:

              Comment


              • #8
                I think the correct comparison is to say that the Apple sites post information vital to competitors. Information about an unreleased Apple program or iPod could effect the entire market.

                On the other hand, Disney isn't hurt by an internet site chatting about the Finding Nemo re-theming. The submarine ride's technology is over 40 years old, and Finding Nemo belongs to Disney so there's really nothing anybody else could do to copy that.

                Ditto so very many of Disney's attractions, which hinge so much on their properties anymore.

                Comment


                • #9
                  FYI, we've had this discussion before.
                  -Monorail Man

                  Comment

                  Ad Widget

                  Collapse
                  Working...
                  X