Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to all of you who said that grandmas and grandpas still have a love and the energy for Disneyland . I can outlast my daughters (24 &19 ) any day in the park!And if medications are to be had its avaliable at the restraunts of Dt disney or at the wine area at dca! Great article. I do agree that I am hoping for a family type, spectacular, non pixar character, attraction where the motor boat cruises were. After all it will be in Fantasyland , not really the land for bumps, drops, or height restrictions.
    Going to get out my cane and meds and walk the park for days for my 50th.

Comment

Nice pics for you and EM. It's unfortunate that they won't bring back the motorboats. I wonder if they might expand toontown and put in mickey's Philharmagic or other DISNEY-themed attraction, maybe something that could tie in tomorrowland and Fantasyland (ie Treasure Planet). I'm definitely a fan of TL being a "Land of Motion." Just some ideas to expand on.
      Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

Comment

I'm glad to read Disneyland has finally turned it around. Can't wait to see the difference on my next visit!

Would like to hear more about those pesky Splash logs. What in the heck happened there??? I think we all saw pics of logs being tested with weight dummies. How did the bottoming-out problem get past them? Didn't they actually try putting HUMANS in prototype logs before they changed the rest of the fleet? (BTW, I'm still unclear ... were the logs modified or replaced? They look to me like totally new logs.) And what's the plan now? I sure hope they aren't going to leave things as-is. What a costly and unnecessary bungle.

Comment

The logs were replaced. I'm curious to know what the weight was on teh dummies that they DID use.
          Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

Comment

As always Al, you da man! I freakin' love the MiceAge, MiceChat and Matt O. They are all vital parts of our Disney-fan-based lives.
            And let's hope that they start asking some 'gambling' questions at DL as well. I'd love the opportunity to add my two cents about that one. If ever the Mark Twain offers gambling, I think I'll die
            Thanks again Al for the great article!!!!
            I only hope we never lose sight of one thing... that it was all started by a mouse!

the world of disneyking

Comment

Thank you AL! Very good article BEST EVER!

Comment

On the thrill park vs. theme park question, I like that Disney would offers rides with mild thrills. Remember that thrills are not only found in violent or stomach-twisting G-forces.

Thrills can also be had from getting wet, being surprised (even pleasantly), laughing, and sliding down gentle hills into darkness and/or special effects. Heck, half the thrill is in the mind, anyway. Only the smallest of children can't handle the thrills of Pirates, but everyone else, of all ages, enjoy them immensely. Both California Screamin' and Soarin' Over California offer gentle thrills that are gentle on the body (though Screamin's appearance is deceiving). I think the best thrills in the park is the SMALL drop inside Splash Mountain that lands us in the Laughing Place. I'm never quite expecting it. Makes me laugh every time.

Comment

Great update Al and I thank you as always for the time and effort you spend getting these wonderful updates out. I do have to disagree on one point, the flag being at half mast. The United States flag is only to be flown at half mast for American citizens,Pope John Paul II was not only a Religious leader from another country (read as Vatican city,the smallest sovereign state) but before that he came from Poland. I understand how he was a great man and leader but he was not a staesman or even a citizen of the United States. I am not trying to get people upset but the Pope isnt necessarily a part of the United States althoughhe did have quite a following here. Would you expect the flag to be at half mast if say Jaques Chirac or Tony Blair died while in office??? for more info check http://www.crwflags.com/fotw/flags/xf-nffa.html Nothing personal,I thought he was a great leader myself,just a matter of protocl
                  REMOVE TAG BEFORE FLIGHT

Comment

I appreciate the article, Al!
                    I "stumbled" across this page after spending 3 days at Disney Resort this week. I took my 5-year old twin daughters for their first visit and my first visit in over 10 years. As we walked around the park and visited some attractions and rides, I kept thinking "That's not how I remembered that" or "When did they change that?" I decided to look around the internet and see if I could find a site that detailed changes to the park. I'll be cruising around this site to see what i can find out but this article is what brought me here. Thanks!

Comment

Sounds great, but I have one question. They're going to leave walls up for the 50th? I can understand the draining and cleaning and looking to build something new, but could that wait? I'm okay with the walls around the submarine lagoon, but I would have thought that the walls around the motor boat area would have come down, just a clean up before the celebration. After all, it sounds like they don't even have a definite plan yet for that area, so why keep them up?

Comment

quick update

as of 4/10 I can say the motor boat area has been completely drained, the old track is down there, but its just a nasty, mudy mess. It will be interesting to see what happens there, I'll keep you all updated.

Comment

Motor Boat Cruise area

I hope Disney decides to put in an attraction vs a play area. If they plan on filling in the MBC lagoon, this will take away space from what they decide to put there. Boats could travel under the Autopia track, but filled in the new track couldn't be as long.
                          Since Fantasyland is full of dark rides, why don't they add another. I'd like to see a Little Mermaid ride. The Imagineers had designed a cool one for Disneyland Paris, but it was never built. I wonder if there's room to put it in this spot. Another attraction that had been designed for Florida's Fantasyland (but again was not put in) was a Sleepy Hollow dark ride. That could be a great ride too.
                          Most importantly, Subs is coming back. I'm very excited!!!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X