This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4/26: But Is It Enough? Really?

Disneyland is worried about the Locals, Giveaway DCA, Space Mt. & PeopleMover updates, Sub/Nemo rehab photos, and so much more... Discuss all six pages of today's update here!
    "Politics is the profession whereby the inevitable is made to seem a great human achievement" - Quentin Crisp

The news about the PeopleMover and the AstroJets made my day. Thanks Al.

Comment

Thanks Al. The Peoplemover and AstroJets changes are major positives. Any move of the AstroJets back up high was just a pipe dream of mine. I didn't even think that many people shared it. The day when those moves are done and the subs are open will be good day for Tomorrowland.

-Reagan

Comment

Hey Al thanks for the Update. I'm really curious about how they are going to handle Crowd control on May 5th and July 17th. It will be a real barn burner on those days. It is nice to see they are thinking ahead.

I hope they return something to Tommorrowland, I would prefer a faster or same Peoplemover ride. I look forward to seeing The Honda Asimo Exhibit it should be interesting.

Disney should have offered DCA as a 2FER a long time ago, say, When it opened! Anyway, I will still only go to DL and maybe as DCA evolves more I will go back.

The pictures of the Sub Lagoon stripped of the water is interesting I noticed some of the tracks look damaged. It's nice to know that things are changing and nice to see the DL get the attention it needs, but what happens after the 50th year-long party is over will it go back to the "norm"?
        1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Originally posted by roband74
          The news about the PeopleMover and the AstroJets made my day. Thanks Al.

Here's what made mine.....

WDI has already installed the lighting effects and synched up a Van Halen (yes, you heard correctly, Van Halen) soundtrack that will comprise the night version.

Saaaaa-WEEEEET!!! Still love that band.
          "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Comment

Another great update Al. You really make my Tuesday mornings! Great scoop on the whole PM/Astro Orbiter news. This should really bring some needed life back to Tomorrowland. Nice to know that Mat and the rest of TDA ar actually listening to us fans.
            Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

Comment

Wow!
              Thanks, Al for a great report (even by your usual lofty standards).

I second (or third) several other people: PM & Astro Orbiter news made my day, too!

Comment

Great update Al! I think I had a perma-grin the whole time reading the update

Comment

So I crawled out of bed and decided to load MiceAge.com for a first time in a while before loading MiceChat. I had a feeling that SOMETHING had to be there. It had been long enough! GREAT update Al. I loved all of the pictures and the great news about Space Mountain. Is it wrong of me to want them to start Rock It Mountain by the time I get there in July? Thank you again for your news!

Comment

Packed with information and some really good thoughts on what to expect during the coming months. The first page had most of the photos missing when I read it.

Thanks, Al!
                    "America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between." Oscar Wilde

Comment

And believe it or not, TDA and WDI have more plans for Tomorrowland up their sleeve. If things go well in the next few weeks, a final fiscal approval for a new version of the dearly departed PeopleMover will come through from Burbank. In the plan that would bring life back to the unused PeopleMover tracks, the Rocket Jets would return to their rightful place atop the loading station, freeing up desperately needed space at the entrance to the slowly reviving land.
                      Thank you, Al for a really excellent update and for the great photos. I actually jumped when I read the above paragraph. There's been so much talk about the People Mover and Rocket Jets on these boards, but somehow I always had this feeling that nothing would really happen about them.

All I can say is, "WOW!!!"
                      "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
                      -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

ROCKIT Mountain, Star Tours II, Peoplemover II, Rocket Jets, VAN HALEN...Its Tommorowland'1987 Part II awsome!

Comment

Top rated update!!

Thanks for the great update. I really felt good knowing that they are on the right track. Paint and cosmetic additions are not going to solve the problems from the last era. Restoring Peoplemover and the rest of Tomorrowland will really improve Disneyland. Thanks for the upbeat report!

Comment

Great update, thanks so much for all your investigation and efforts.
                            The tomorrowland news is wonderful.
                            I am astounded that they haven't thought out July 17, more fully.
                            Goin around the world...and back to Disneyland!

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostbuster626
                              ROCKIT Mountain, Star Tours II, Peoplemover II, Rocket Jets, VAN HALEN...Its Tommorowland'1987 Part II awsome!

AMEN BROTHA!!!
                              "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Comment

I cracked up when I read about the Van Halen soundtrack...I was reminded of the Chris Kattan skit on SNL.

Comment

Originally posted by travelmom
                                  Great update, thanks so much for all your investigation and efforts.
                                  The tomorrowland news is wonderful.
                                  I am astounded that they haven't thought out July 17, more fully.
                                  Me too since that is when I will be visiting the park for the first time during the celebration. I hope this is a sign that not everyone will be participating in the expensive events to spend even more money -- especially poor college students! C'mon CM Matt, give me something.

Comment

great update Al.

Comment

AMAZING update this week. My only criticism is when Al says, "Soarin'/Screamin'/Tower E-Ticket roundup." I only see one E-Ticket here (Tower) when we compare these rides to the grandiose E-Tickets of Disneyland ala Indy, Space Mountain, etc. So Al is being very generous when he calls Screamin' an E-Ticket.

The Nemo & Monsters Inc. additions are very welcome as will be the potential new changes for Tomorrowland in the future, but as Al correctly points out - there isn't much buzz for the actual 50th. Why? Well, where are the new E-Tickets for both parks?

Bringing back the PeopleMovers is fine, but Disneyland hasn't had an E-Ticket in 10 years! It's time! And DCA won't ever be fully self-sufficient on it's own without major E-Tickets. Building Monsters is fine, but when will construction begin on DCA's next major "mountain"?

Comment

This is the kind of amazing, well written updates that led me to MiceAge and eventually into MiceChat...Thanks Al!

I am thrilled about all the intellegent attention we are hearing in regards to to Tommorrowland. People Mover rumors coming to life, Subs in progress, Rockets returning to there home...and even the distant possibility of new Star Tours! Wow.

I posted this in the DL forum but I think it warrents being asked in this forum as well. I was under the impression that Star Tours would not be overhauled by Lucas until next generation simulators were installed? Does the recent comments about Star Tours reflect a change in his attitude or a change of the TDA suits to meet Lucas' demands?

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X