Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
2 of 2 < >

Registration Policy

In order to eliminate SPAM, all new users must verify their email. Once the email address is verified, we make sure your IP address is not a VPN, proxy, or tor exit node. If you have tried to register and it was not approved, please send an email to administrator@micechat.com. We will try to resolve the issue and then you can try again. Thank you.
See more
See less

2/8: The Suite Life

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2/8: The Suite Life

I truly enjoyed the humor and writing style of this article. Please keep writing more for MiceAge!!!!!

Also, it's pretty funny how the Disney publicity photos make the room look way bigger than it really is.....
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)
    sigpic

Founding Member of the BA!

Comment

Originally posted by Chernabog View Post
      I truly enjoyed the humor and writing style of this article. Please keep writing more for MiceAge!!!!!

Also, it's pretty funny how the Disney publicity photos make the room look way bigger than it really is.....
      never doubt the power of the wide-angle lens! Wide angle lenses are used SO much these days, places are going to start to 'look wrong' whenever they AREN'T used. For those that have been to Paris and done Al's "Footsteps of Amalie" tour.... notice how INSANELY small the cafe is, and how large it looks in the movie. I just bought a wide angle lens for my little JVC camera in Japan... and it's amazing.... it's like having a whole new camera!

Comment

Very witty and well written article. I really don't care much about the happenings at WDW, let alone media events that i may never get invited to, but your writing style alone carried the article and kept me reading. I can't wait to hear more from you

Save me some Mojito Shrimp Shooters next time!

Comment

I think the hard part about designing a suite out of the Horchow reproduction catalog is that it can NEVER live up to what we imagine it could be up there. The last thing I want to see is modern faucets in the tub, next to period French Furniture, etc. What were they thinking? Movie people should have designed it. Plasma screens and faux rock everywhere. It tried too hard. It felt very TDL love hotel. I'd rather never see anything and imagine what would be there, than have it defined by halogen spotlights and a Kohler tub.
          "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Comment

Awesome article, thanks for the pics.

Any pictures looking out the windows of the Cinderalla suite??? I'd love to see that view.

Comment

I have not found a compelling reason to post on this board until now. Great article. Please give us more. What do you say AL? Can he?

JJ
              Prov. 16:3 "Commit your works to the Lord, and your plans will succeed."

Disney Antenna Ball Collection
              ballcollection.com

J.J. Johnson's Official Website
              jjjohnson.net

Comment

There was no view out of the stained glass that I could shoot in the 8 minutes or so that I had. There were 10 other media monkeys in there, a camera, lighting rig and three "Plaids". I'm amazed I got the shots I did.

JS

Comment

Enjoyed the article Johnny but just had to pick you up on one thing before TDLFAN gets here.

It's Tokyo Disneysea, not Disney Seas.

He is kinda funny about that, although I am sure he will want to know a LOT more about the half naked guys doing various things with each other in Fantasyland.

Talk about your dreams coming true!!!!

HUBBA HUBBA!!!!!!!

Comment

If I were Tom Fitzgerald, I don't think I'd want my name that big, or up on a screen at all. The man considers tile murals to be exciting, lol.

Comment

Great article and thanks for the pictures of the Royal Suite. Quite frankly, the Year of a Million Dreams promotion was not only poorly marketed, but poorly executed and counter productive because the vast majority who didn't win felt they had no chance to win.

The idea to have cast members secretly run around and 'randomly' hand out prizes should of been axed in pre-planning by any competent junior executive. A less discriminating method and far more exciting for each visitor would have been to randomly award prizes using the ticket machines (upon first entry to the park) and at fast pass machines. Also, they could have used the Web to allow entries and award prizes to lucky individuals who might not otherwise be able to afford a trip to Disney. Instead, the prize process was secretive and suspiciously boiled down to using a form of profiling to target the 'right kind of happy Disney family people' to win. To add insult to injury, the bulk of prizes were all day fast passes which didn't cost Disney a dime and hardly worthy of the millions dream moniker.

To whichever Disney suit approved the promotion, we need Donald Trump to utter his signature quote, "you're fired!"

Comment

I believe they don't have anything but transluscent glass on the windows because looking up from inside the park and seeing full-sized people through them, even in silouette (much less a balcony) would destroy the forced perspective.

Comment

I found your article to be very funny, and I enjoyed the pictures. I would so decorate my master bathroom in my mansion that way, if I were wealthy. Love the Peter Pan darkride night sky. Is that wrong?
                          Oo-de-lally!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X