Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

6/7: Lackluster GEMS

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6/7: Lackluster GEMS

Why the Restaurant Lines Can Be So Long, Christmas Parade moves to DCA, More... Discuss It All Here!
    "Politics is the profession whereby the inevitable is made to seem a great human achievement" - Quentin Crisp

I have never noticed that you could see Fantasyland Theatre sticking out from behind the castle. Hopefully soon a tree will grow in Fantasyland to cover it up. Yikes.

Looking at the subs construction, it looks like they're cutting out a rectangular piece of the wall to insert those dry cases where the animatronic characters will live. I'm wondering if they will cut a hole for its twin on the other side of the track...
    Nice update...

Comment

Comment

Not to sound terribly old fashioned but I enjoyed the old style casting, men on the Jungle Cruise women in Storybook land etc. I feel that they are roles and it is ok to "cast" them. I know this is not politically correct but just my opinion.
        "You can't judge a book by its cover."
        "No, but you can tell how much it is going to cost."

Comment

This was a great update. Not because there was anything sensational, but because it was really just some good commentary. I have been noticing that lately the tone of the updates has been changing from caustic to commending. It's not that Al has changed his approach , but that TDA has been turning things around. There was a sick and twisted side of me that liked to read good dish, but I was always saddened by it all because of what was going on at Disneyland. But now things have finally turned around and Al's reports have changed in tone. It's heartening. Thanks!
          "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
          Homer Jay Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by poohnpiglet
            Not to sound terribly old fashioned but I enjoyed the old style casting, men on the Jungle Cruise women in Storybook land etc. I feel that they are roles and it is ok to "cast" them. I know this is not politically correct but just my opinion.
            I agree whole heartedly. The other positions can go either way, but the Railroad, Jungle Cruise and Storybook Land just feels more "right" with its respective gender. It is a role and people have stereotypes of certain eras and times. For instance, you never see a woman driving a train in a western film or exploring the jungle in an adventure film. It's not a sexist attitude, it's just the way a lot of people perceive certain roles.

Matt O. and Greg E. continue to amaze me with their steadfast attitude even in the face of great difficulty. Most corporate types would easily squirm back into their original position once things got a little rough. Disneyland is facing a crisis and they are sticking to what they know is the right thing to do. If they went back now, they'd send a message to CMs that the CMs are in charge and set the rules, not Matt and Greg. By holding fast and not budging even when the situation is getting out of control, they are now sending the message that Disneyland is an institution again and if you can't conform to its policies than you're shown the door. They are taking some heavy blows, but this kind of steadfast attitude is RARE in the corporate world and it just shows Disneyland's management is back to the pre-Pressler days. Thank you Matt and Greg!

Comment

Originally posted by Athlonacon
              I agree whole heartedly. The other positions can go either way, but the Railroad, Jungle Cruise and Storybook Land just feels more "right" with its respective gender. It is a role and people have stereotypes of certain eras and times. For instance, you never see a woman driving a train in a western film or exploring the jungle in an adventure film. It's not a sexist attitude, it's just the way a lot of people perceive certain roles.

Matt O. and Greg E. continue to amaze me with their steadfast attitude even in the face of great difficulty. Most corporate types would easily squirm back into their original position once things got a little rough. Disneyland is facing a crisis and they are sticking to what they know is the right thing to do. If they went back now, they'd send a message to CMs that the CMs are in charge and set the rules, not Matt and Greg. By holding fast and not budging even when the situation is getting out of control, they are now sending the message that Disneyland is an institution again and if you can't conform to its policies than you're shown the door. They are taking some heavy blows, but this kind of steadfast attitude is RARE in the corporate world and it just shows Disneyland's management is back to the pre-Pressler days. Thank you Matt and Greg!
              Well put. People should now look past the food staffing issues with the knowledge that this is for the betterment of Disneyland, and I'm sure the problem will be resolved within the next month or so, as they hire new folks with much greater integrity. It is very true that it is a CMs job to work while the guests play, and it is unfortunate that the former regime was around long enough that many CMs have forgotten this.
              -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
              I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

Comment

Great Update as usual Al! Definately worth the wait!

Comment

Maybe the previous regime had to compete with the outside food industry for these employees. One way is to let them decide their work schedules. That's a non-paying perk, so it doesn't show up on the budget numbers.

I suggest swallowing hard, raising the wages, and letting go those who continue to resist.
                  Raising the wages is important in order to get high-quality workers who can do many different tasks as needed. The ebb and flow of needs (cashiers, cooks, table bussers, etc) can vary greatly during a day.

What are the benefits of working at Disneyland, versus any other place?
                  Well, there's Disneyland, of course. Entrance privileges and such.
                  There appears to be a lot of chances to do many types of jobs over a long term, and possibly move up if good enough. I mean, In-N-Out doesn't have parades, attractions, or ticket booths. (All-you-can-eat-off-the-floor fries, though.)

Comment

Great update as usual...I so look forward to Tuesday!! I agree raise the wages a bit and really make the CM's feel appreciated! We were always told that we work while others play...it worked for me!
                    "Remember: when life gives you lemons, just be glad you're not a zebra."
                    - Skipper Mike

Comment

was there only one page today?
                      The earth is round.... or so i've found.

Comment

Al wrote:
                        And the carefully created concept of the "Disneyland Show" was instantly chucked out the window as arriving Disneyland visitors are now met by a never ending display of off-duty yet uniformed Cast Members in various states of undress smoking, eating and talking on cell phones on and around Disney property in Anaheim.
                        Uh.. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the real problem with FastTrack that costumes get stolen and are often incomplete because of the amount of missing objects?

The situation in the quote above doesn't really affect anything. I don't know about everyone else, but when I go to Disneyland I don't really spend much time in the suburbia around Anaheim except maybe to fuel up the car.

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyMania
                          Al wrote:

And the carefully created concept of the "Disneyland Show" was instantly chucked out the window as arriving Disneyland visitors are now met by a never ending display of off-duty yet uniformed Cast Members in various states of undress smoking, eating and talking on cell phones on and around Disney property in Anaheim.
                          It is very rare in all my trips to Disneyland that I have seen a Cast Member outside the park with their costuming on. Even then, it would never ruin the "show" for me anymore than Guests decked out in Disneyland clothing outside the park doing the same. It's not like Cast Members that play characters are walking down Harbor Blvd sporting pat of their costumes. It is Cast Members that wear more of a "uniform" type costuming. I just don't understand how that would be ruining the "show". It's a uniform skirt and a blouse, slacks and a shirt, not Cinderella's gown.

Just my opinion

Comment

Great Update Al!

I am in awe of TDA's decision to stand up to thier CMs. As an employer myself, I deeply respect the risk TDA is willing to take in such a rediculous "employees first" climate. I believe that weeding out the deadweight is the best new direction TDA has taken in years.

Imagine...Actually staffing for success instead of apeasing some CMs with less intergrity or vision...wow!

Comment

Originally posted by AnotherPixie
                              It is very rare in all my trips to Disneyland that I have seen a Cast Member outside the park with their costuming on. Even then, it would never ruin the "show" for me anymore than Guests decked out in Disneyland clothing outside the park doing the same. It's not like Cast Members that play characters are walking down Harbor Blvd sporting pat of their costumes. It is Cast Members that wear more of a "uniform" type costuming. I just don't understand how that would be ruining the "show". It's a uniform skirt and a blouse, slacks and a shirt, not Cinderella's gown.
                              I think it would ruin the show for you in a small way that kinda eats at your suspension of disbelief. We, as rational people, understand that CMs are merely employees that are compensated for thier efforts-- but seeing them out of thier environment makes DL a little less magical. I equate it to the first time I entered the Magic Kingdom from the rear tunnel as a CM-- it was cool to see, but I could no longer "wonder" what the tunnel would be like. My illusion was met with reality and the magic faded a slight little bit.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X