This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6/3: Toon Story: Crush's Coaster, Part I

Guest Columnist Alain Littaye takes you on a photo tour of the new Toon Studios at the Paris Disney Studios park, Discuss it here!
    "Politics is the profession whereby the inevitable is made to seem a great human achievement" - Quentin Crisp

Re: 6/3: Toon Story: Crush's Coaster, Part I

Thanks for a very informative & honest report. I think after a few tweaks/modifications it could be a great ride! I still would like to see something similar here at DCA.

Regarsdarama,

Jon
    Jon A. Leslie
    nojarama
    http://www.nojarama.com

Comment

This report as me worried.
      I hate coasters/rides that get me nauseated, like those at a state fair. But it already sounds/looks better than the crap at DAK :P

Comment

Excellent report, you showed us everything you could.
        I thought the ride looks excellently themed, and as if WDI used every last penny in their strained budget. Hopefully with more good things like this happening at the park, budgets for new rides will expand as more visitors pop through the gates.

One minor quibble - you say that you were disappointed that the ride was only a D-ticket. I think its safe to say that since the first announcement, the impression that has always been given is of a D-ticket ride. No-one from Disney ever made it out to be more than that. I was always expecting this to be a D-ticket, and think it makes an excellent one at that.
        BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
        October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
        October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
        April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
        October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
        October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
        October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
        October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
        December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
        July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
        July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
        July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
        February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
        February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
        TRIP REPORTS

Comment

Gazoweeeeeee! What a ride, Alain. This looks like the best dark ride ever invented. It's beyond immersive. Is it fast and coaster-like all the way thru, or does it slow down at different points?
          To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

You mentioned in the Editors Daily Note today Al, that there will be 3 reviews. I know one of the others will be Cars Race Rally. But what is the 3rd?

Comment

Interesting. I would classify Crush's Coaster as an E-ticket, but just minimally. A D-ticket, for me, is something like Rocket Rods or Primeval Whirl.
              ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Comment

Thank you! Finally a proper review of this ride.

It looks so-so to me as well. It's clever and they used their budget as well as they possibly could have, but it seems it could do with a lot of tweaking.

Comment

Thanks for the honest review - I think we all hoped that Crush would be slightly more than it is (I too envisioned Bruce appearing suddenly thru the sub wall) but you can't fault the themeing across both Crush and Cars Race Rally.
                  It's a big step in the right direction for WDS, and for that alone deserves credit.

"I'm gettin' kind of fond of you, kid.
                  Not that I want to pick out curtains or anything."

Comment

This is pretty cool to my family! My little armchair imagineer has been suggesting a ride based on the EAC in Nemo since she was 6!! Too bad they put it in a park that we aren't likely to ever get to!! I look forward to any updates on this ride to see if they find a fix for the nausea problems.
                    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
                    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

:love:

Comment

Originally posted by Ride Warrior View Post
                      Gazoweeeeeee! What a ride, Alain. This looks like the best dark ride ever invented. It's beyond immersive. Is it fast and coaster-like all the way thru, or does it slow down at different points?
                      Hello, Alain , here: no, once you're in the coaster part , when you get out of the submarine , i.e the big lift, it's fast until the end. And sorry, Ridewarrior , but it is NOT the best dark ride ever invented. It could have been ( specially the dark ride part, but it's not . But i don't worry for the park, usual guests will love it.
                      http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Spaced Out Dude View Post
                        You mentioned in the Editors Daily Note today Al, that there will be 3 reviews. I know one of the others will be Cars Race Rally. But what is the 3rd?
                        I don't know which is the third one Al is talking about, but, yes, the second one article is the Cars attraction at WDS, and you should have it tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by TDR_Fan View Post
                          Interesting. I would classify Crush's Coaster as an E-ticket, but just minimally. A D-ticket, for me, is something like Rocket Rods or Primeval Whirl.
                          Frankly, it is not an E ticket, not even a "E - " ticket, and when i said it is a " D - " ticket, this is really the best i can give to it, not even a "D+" ticket. If there was not the coaster part, it would be a "C" ticket, not more, really.
                          And, to answer to : no, i always expected a "D" ticket, i've never expected a "E" ticket, but at least i was expecting a not dissapointing "D" ticket !

Comment

Originally posted by loaloa View Post
                            Frankly, it is not an E ticket, not even a "E - " ticket, and when i said it is a " D - " ticket, this is really the best i can give to it, not even a "D+" ticket. If there was not the coaster part, it would be a "C" ticket, not more, really.
                            And, to answer to : no, i always expected a "D" ticket, i've never expected a "E" ticket, but at least i was expecting a not dissapointing "D" ticket !
                            Would more elaborate theming make it an E-ticket then? It seems like a good attraction already in my opinion.
                            ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Comment

I couldn't find the video of the actual ride on Crush's Coaster. I found the queue video but that's it.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X