This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6/12: Big Bucks, No Whammies!

Iger's Choices for Anaheim, Wanna Buy a Trip? Mr. Ed's Wild Ride, Tom who? Mark Twain! Diving for Dollars, The Saga Continues, and plenty more. Discuss all of it here!
    "Politics is the profession whereby the inevitable is made to seem a great human achievement" - Quentin Crisp

Re: 6/12: Big Bucks, No Whammies!

maybe its me..but the entire "The Saga Continues" section made me very giddy while i read it. Espically the 3rd paragraph
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Originally posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

Comment

Great update as usual! We have been hearing for so long that a re-do of DCA is coming that it is hard to believe that it might actually happen. Tomorrowland is still the focus at Disneyland because of all the mistakes of 1998. Good things seem to be on the horizon though.
      Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Comment

Good to hear the island is doing well. It's a testament to the CMs on Rafts who are keeping things moving more than they thought they would!
        I'd like to hear more about that little tidbit about the new facilities backstage that you oh-so-briefly touched upon!

Comment

I have to wait until 2009 for official Star Wars weekends? How hard is it to get a dozen actors to show up.
          "What single word is the name of a magazine, a cereal, a board game, and a never-ending series of soul-crushing disappointments which slowly leech away your hope and idealism until you are nothing more than a bitter husk of a man?"

Comment

Worth the wait, as usual. Thanks for a great update Al.
            Rick

Comment

Great update!

Comment

Thanks again, Al, a Tuesday morning without an update from you is like a day without sunshine. Or orange juice.

Now that we all can see what a hit the Nemo subs are going to be, it is indeed time to focus further on DCA and it's problems. Here's hoping that giant brass sun goes to the scrap yard and they plant about 5000 more trees...

Comment

A "new Peoplemover" as opposed to a Peoplemover replacement?

Comment

Yay! Another great update! Thank you, Al.
                    Oo-de-lally!

Comment

Another great update. Thanks Al!
                      Jon A. Leslie
                      nojarama
                      http://www.nojarama.com

Comment

Sounds like good things are afoot! Thanks for the update!

The potential for DCA to live up to its original hoopla is pretty exciting! I hope John Lassiter and all the other creative Imagineers get their way; right now it's just so sad to visit the park for just a couple of good rides.

I hope too that they spend the bucks to improve the cast members facilities. They deserve something for dealing with the sheer number of visitors who come through the gates each day.

Comment

Was I the only one beaming about an update in Innoventions?

Granted it's not nearly the most popular or most talked about... but an update is an update! And boy, am I happy to see someething happen there rather than seeing the place rot even longer.

Oh and People Mover, Star Wars Weekends, and Fixing DCA once and for all are all topics that make me giddy.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                          http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Thanks AL great update as always. its nice to know about the parking for Dtd. Parking there on the weekends is crazy. If they were to expanded north of ESPN Zone then they really need to build a small version of the mickey and friends lot. Im guessing they lose a substantial amount of customers due to the parking lot being so crowded. There are times when its so full we rather just drive to the block... but thats on extreme ocassions. I am also extremely happy and siked about the Peoplemover. I've been wanting a new peoplemover since it left in the mid 90's. YEAH!!! Stars always need an update but I hopethey get rid of those rocks aka TL-bottleneck creator. Thanks again for the updates and YOU ROCK!!!
                            We rock the party that rocks the party!
                            We are truly a new generation of the Brady Bunch!

Comment

great update as usual al........

one thing though, you told us who the powerplayers were for fixing dca, but we didnt get to hear any of the ideas wdi and tda are proposing...just vague references to etickets and people-eaters

are lots of the proposed ideas things you've already told us about? or is there some new and exciting stuff that we dont know anything about?
                              Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X