X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 10/9: Dead or Alive?

I liked Chicken Little.

The other two should be on the list, but they were so bad I had forgotten about them!

Comment

Originally posted by Wotan View Post
      And Death to the DoM!
      23 posts into this thread it has already begun...

Comment

Last edited by PragmaticIdealist; 10-11-2007, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          Boy! this is the best example of passive agression I've ever seen in a post! by the way..where can I get my DoMs T-Shirt?
          Exactly.

They're going fast at DepartmentOfMalleable.com

unfortunate consumer warning though, XXL & XXXL not available as they could contribute to water displacement on Small World. Safety first.
          "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Originally posted by MegaDisney View Post
            23 posts into this thread it has already begun...
            Sadly this was in #5:
            As a question, are we allowed to lynch DoMs?
            "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Great article Al, very well said and needed.
              Love the DCA changes, but still disappointed in Tomorrowland's recovery.
              1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaDisney View Post

The difference is I dislike them but do not put a derogatory label on people who do.
                Well said.

Comment

Originally posted by CoasterMatt View Post

The article doesn't say "Don't post your opinions"- It says just be mindful that the company we're here as fans of, might get the wrong idea about where the fan's opinions lie.

Take care, have fun
                  heh.... Okay, that's funny.

Wait... once more.
                  Originally posted by CoasterMatt View Post

The article doesn't say "Don't post your opinions"- It says just be mindful that the company we're here as fans of, might get the wrong idea about where the fan's opinions lie.

Take care, have fun
                  Okay. I'll be careful. I mean, up till now I saw all kinds of things to be critical of, but I purposely made my posts positive. You know, just to be an *** hole. Now I can see I've been slowly destroying the company I love. I'll temper my comments to more closely resemble what I actually feel. Because, you know, I've been lying this whole time. Completely dishonest.

Everyone who posts saying they have fun must be lairs too. The only logical opinion is one. I'm sorry for posting how I had fun on Buzz Lightyear. And that I like the Jack Sparrow AAs. And that I enjoy the Nightmare before Christmas. And DCA.
                  Either that or they are just stupid.

I'm changing teams. I am in favor of the new DoM labels. Here is my addition:

"Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls. Do you remember high school? The fun, the learning, the cliques? All kinds of good times, right?
                  Isn't it a shame you can't find that same level of name calling and pettiness that you could in high school? Don't you miss the feeling of self centered power that came with the assumption that if someone doesn't agree with you they must either be lying or a foolish simpleton?
                  On a related note, don't you love Disney? Of course you do, I've read your post saying you did. Well, you should be ashamed of yourself. Disney is making all their high end decisions on what YOU are posting. Ever wonder why the year of a million dreams have those nasty decorations... Well... remember this:
                  Originally posted by you
                  I like it when Disney makes stupid decorations.
                  Ring a bell? Well, it turns out that you are really the one to blame.

Well it's not too late to change: You can both help Disney and be a total Douche bag from high school.

Remember be honest, but be the right kind of honest.

What? You suggest that people may actually like what they post, that there is a plethora of opinions... that each person in an individual and on-line their opinions blend into a realistic market slice? that's just stupid talk. I guess you can't rise above the dredges of the DoM. Perhaps someday you will learn, through name calling and systematic humiliation, that there is only room for one opinion.
                  St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

Comment

Yeah, I was thinking that if Bob Iger is going to nix a proposed improvement to their products based on something I post, I would have serious doubt on his qualification to be a CEO.

If these executives don't want a project to go through, they're going to find things to bolster their point of view, whether it's posts from here, other forums, or other data they collect. I don't think they're going to come here looking for posts, see that everybody here is highly critical of Disneyland ("we love Disneyland, we just hate the company and the management!") and then throw up their hands and say well, this small minority agrees with the other group, I guess we're just going to go along!

Comment

I liked Meet the Robinsons.

<------ DoM, DoM, DoM

Comment

If you like Meet the Robinsons, then the terrorists management have already won.
                        St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

Comment

In addition to the DoM section of the update, I'm also becoming a bit bothered with the Daily Editor's Notes. The past two claim that most of the email he is receiving is in support of his position on DoM's. It is possible that only people who support this DoM thing are emailing Al, but it just seems wrong to mention this in the daily note. Since this is the first thing you see when you go on MiceAge, it implies that almost everyone here agrees with him, which is obviously not the case based on the past 18 pages of this discussion. But maybe Al's just ignoring that. It reminds me of a few weeks ago when the new Canada film debuted in Epcot and Al devoted 2 or 3 Editor's Notes to claim how everyone hated the new film when it seemed that almost every review one read said the film was just as good or better than the old one. But then again, maybe it was just a bunch of those DoMs reviewing the film.

I think what bothers me most about the DoM section is that it wasn't necessary at all. This site isn't compromised of Disney yes-men. People on MiceChat are already incredibly outspoken and will be the first ones to bash Disney when they don't like something. It just seemed pointless to encourage people to attack DoMs when that is already done on a regular basis.

Comment

Thanks Al that was a fantastic article.
                            I was so excited about the possibility of the Country Bear Jamboree going into the Grizzly Peak area, that would have been so perfect! I hope there is something they can do in the future.
                            I had to sneak a laugh out loud, reading about the workers all night in front of the gallery! Now for a geek like me, it would be a dream come true, because I would love to witness all that stuff first-hand. But the TDA team not even considering this, "well isn't that special" . What will they do after the year of a million dreams?
                            Send their VIPS to the noisiest suite in Anaheim?
                            Don't think we the public will ever get the chance, after they have spent 5 million on the remodel!
                            Gosh 5 million could have went a long way in Tomorrowland. And everyone could have reaped the benefits...
                            Thanks Jay.
                            Fascinating info on IASW, I live for this stuff!
                            The CM situation is at a complete crisis level!
                            Please! action not focus groups. I feel so sorry for the good hardworking cm's.
                            Very distressing.
                            Goin around the world...and back to Disneyland!

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              Boy! this is the best example of passive agression I've ever seen in a post! by the way..where can I get my DoMs T-Shirt?
                              Make F-shirts, too, for our friends with arms on the same side!

Comment

Originally posted by ALIASd View Post
                                Sadly this was in #5:
                                I believe both of those were satirical in nature.

But, if you want to be a DoDoM, then join up with T-Jel and his band of merry men.

Comment

^ As attractive as that offer is I must remain with my pal Julius (and actual satire):

I sent the club a wire stating, PLEASE ACCEPT MY RESIGNATION. I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT ME AS A MEMBER.
                                  Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by ALIASd View Post
                                    ^ As attractive as that offer is I must remain with my pal Julius (and actual satire):

Groucho Marx
                                    Ah, but you're making the assumption that T-Jel would invite you. T-Jel is well aware of the wariness of DoDoM's, so he knows not to invite them into his club.
                                    That T-Jel's a smart one!

Comment

Originally posted by sediment View Post
                                      I believe both of those were satirical in nature.

But, if you want to be a DoDoM, then join up with T-Jel and his band of merry men.
                                      Originally posted by sediment View Post
                                      Ah, but you're making the assumption that T-Jel would invite you. T-Jel is well aware of the wariness of DoDoM's, so he knows not to invite them into his club.
                                      That T-Jel's a smart one!
                                      AND I have my own set of encyclopedias.

Actually I'm glad the whole DoM thing was posted, much in the same way John Stewart is glad George Bush is president or Rush Limbagh was glad when Bill Clinton was president. I've been getting all kinds of laughs from family and friends when I show that little snippet of the update to them.
                                      This was the best response so far:

"this is like a friendlier version of Mein Komp... It's like Mine Kitten."
                                      Last edited by thejoshualee; 10-11-2007, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by flynnibus View Post
                                        Find some of those posts please. The issue is not that people don't think Disney can do no wrong. Its the difference between those who say 'xyz is just fine' vs those who wish disney would do more. Hence the connection with 'mediocrity' not 'flawless'.

Nothing is flawless - nothing can not be improved (actually I did see one poster claim that it could not be improved.. once). This isn't about people blindly following Disney off a cliff.

This is about those who think changes like TSI are a mess.. Pixar invasion.. etc. And then those who post that they like TSI and don't have a problem with the 'identified problems' with its design/implementation/placement/theme. The 'higher standard' folks are calling out those who do not side with them as 'not getting it', 'apologists', and now 'DoM'. And Al is saying these DoM's hurt because Disney uses them to validate their actions.

It's the adage of 'stop complaining and do something about it'. The single biggest motivator for change with Disney will be when sales are affected.

Armchair imagineers aren't going to change Disney's ways. But an army of boycotters, campaigns enlightening others, picketing, or other visible formats could. etc etc etc.
                                        I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this. I don't think Al hates those who enjoy riding Winne the Pooh, I think he only has a problem if someone thinks it can't be improved. I was looking at the grander point Al was trying to make, and that, in my opinion, was improvement. You have a right to see it differently, but that's just how I read it.

And no, I'm not going to go on a mindless hunt for obscure posts to defend the creator of this message board. He can do that himself if he sees fit. I'm not in the "defend Al cult" or what have you. But I have seen them, and often enough, that person ends up in the litter box. Maybe you should look there.

I think some people take posts etc. too personally on this board. It's some person loafing around, typing on their computer. It's a lot easier top type something versus saying it to someone's face. If it bothers me, I realize that that person doesn't seem to have a life and move on

...right. If someone like me stops going to Disneyland, you think the higher-ups will notice? The park only continues to see 50th crowds. If any impact is going to be made in terms of park attendance, that scenario is a long way off.

I don't have so much of a problem with the park that I want to stop going, and I think there are very few out there with that concept. That's why we all joined this site, right? We love Disney. Some of us love it to much that we educate ourselves about it, and we start to see certain things, through management, that we might not agree with. And then we express our opinion. Do we HATE the parks because of it? No! At least I don't. So telling me to stop bitching and stop going to the parks if I think things could be improved is nonsense. You yourself just stated that everything can be improved. Stating that I think things could be improved does not make me or anyone else a Disney-hater.

Comment

Originally posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
                                          And no, I'm not going to go on a mindless hunt for obscure posts to defend the creator of this message board
                                          Al didnt create Micechat. But I also don't throw out claims I'm unwilling to backup.

...right. If someone like me stops going to Disneyland, you think the higher-ups will notice? The park only continues to see 50th crowds. If any impact is going to be made in terms of park attendance, that scenario is a long way off.
                                          Just not going and disappearing would not be very noticable. Not going and doing showing to illustrate you and hundreds of others not going - more visible. Which is why I said more then 'dont go' in my post.

You yourself just stated that everything can be improved. Stating that I think things could be improved does not make me or anyone else a Disney-hater.
                                          There is a difference between searching for improvement (which means building on top of something) and slamming things without acknowledging any good... or backhanding every good comment with another bad one. You don't have to be a pesimist to be able to look for improvement. You can be an optimist and still see and discuss room for improvement.

Its the lack of balance and proper acknowledgment when its due that sets people off.
                                          Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
                                          Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Originally posted by sleepyjeff
                                          Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X