X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 10/9: Dead or Alive?

Originally posted by Burnt Toast View Post
    My reply with the whole CM thing were started by this comment, that you yourself made, below. I do believe I quoted this comment in my original reply as well.

... that's a personal comment that you wouldn't have made if I wasn't a CM. If I was a fellow AP/local or just a tourist Disney fan, you wouldn't have made that comment (heck, it wouldn't even had made sense if ya did), right? What they teach CMs had nothing to do with DoM or my feelings on the subject... yet you felt that it was necessarily to make that comment because you knew I was a CM. Huh.

So tell me this, since we've established that you made that comment based on me being a CM... because I don't blindly follow Al or agree with virtually lynching DoMs means that I probably wasn't taught as a CM to exceed expectations? Is that what you are saying? Really?

If anything honey, it made me feel that you were trying to act all holier then thou to me because you're an AP/local and I was a CM and I responded as such. Again, there's no need for someone from the sidelines making snide comments and acting like they know what a CM goes through or what they are taught... that's why there's sadly a lot of animosity between groups.

Your thinly veiled backhanded comment shouldn't have been made because it has nothing to do with my disagreement with the way DoM was presented and you wouldn't have made it if I wasn't a CM. Please don't try to feign innocence.
    *sigh* I made my initial comments based on disagreement with your opinion, not as an AP or a local or anything else. "Class of 1994" (in your sig line) could mean anything.

I'm not going to justify your illogical conclusions and comments because you're reading into it WAY too much and directing it at yourself, which was not my intention.

(FYI - Aren't you not supposed to be posting on Disney message boards though as a CM? People get in trouble all the time for that sort of thing, you know, but I guess you really haven't been paying attention).

I'm sorry that you've turned this discussion into your own personal CM war against the guests. Apparently re-doing that Traditions class did you a world of good.
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)
    sigpic

Founding Member of the BA!

Comment

Originally posted by mrfantasmic View Post
      *sputter* They had 8-hour Fantasmic! shifts?
      When you have the seniority and you were part of the A-crew out at Guest Control... heh heh.
      Burnt Toast
      The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

Comment

Originally posted by Bornieo Goes Bananas View Post
        II agree with Al when it comes to DoMs but I'd rather call them by what they really are - Morons. It's the same reason why McDonalds has over "a Billion served" because it may not taste good or be good for you but its there, conveniate and easy.

BTW,
        Dictionary.com defines moron as follows:

a person who is notably stupid or lacking in good judgment.

Psychology. a person of borderline intelligence in a former classification of mental retardation, having an intelligence quotient of 50 to 69.

A little piece of heaven

Comment

Originally posted by bigwavedave View Post
          Granted I am one of only two Republicans in Northern California....Who's with me?

you're the other one! long have i searched through the the streets of berkeley and san francisco but never in all my travels have i met a fellow GOPer...i shall toast you with my heartiest wine

in response to the rest of your post...perhaps the Cali letters can be moved elsewhere? some new section of the park (maybe carsland, maybe not), and used as the upper tiers of a makeshift berm for the area? i dunno, just a thought

from al's article: "By the time DCA turns 10 the WDI makeover team would like to have completed the construction of five new attractions, the permanent removal of Maliboomer and Golden Dreams, and the total makeover of five existing attractions, plus all of the new eye candy and rebuilt architecture surrounding them. "

what are the 5 attractions? TSMM, world of color (if that counts?), little mermaid, cars e-ticket, and what other one? for that matter, which 5 current attractions are getting makeovers? hyperion theater is the only one i can think of from al's previous articles....

anyone else a little disappointed that we went from 10ish new attractions by the 10th anniversary to now just 5? i get the logic al described (ie short-sightedness when building grizzly peak), but are there no ways around some of these logistical problems? for example, instead of ratatouille-themed coaster replacing mulhulland, how bout crush's coaster from DLP? wasnt the rat supposed to be a retheme of crush anyways?
          Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

Comment

MOD NOTE:

While it's okay to disagree, please make sure you are not attacking the poster while disagreeing with the post.

Thanks.

There have been some good points on both sides of this debate. I also do somewhat take offense to the DoM term, but I know Al and nothing malicious was meant by it I can assure you.

Do I think Disney is perfect. Not for a second. I think Al's report about them not being able to add ANYTHING to the Grizzly area is just one example of things that are being done for the short-term. I'd also include Nemo Subs, Dream Suite and many other things in that category.

I am excited for some of the changes, but I think shelving the Ratatoiulle coaster because the merchandise didn't sell is a cop-out.

Comment

Couldn't they come up with some plexi-glass shells that could go around the outside of the Grizzly River rafts? Make them low enough that SOME water could get in... but not enough to drench people? ...or something?

Just a thought.

I also like the idea of turning the water pressure down to make it less wet at night/winter/etc. But. That seems kind of impossible.

My son (6 years old) and I love GRR. It makes me sad that its not as accessible as it could be. I would love it to be an all-around success.

(more theming would be a definite PLUS)

My 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by dsnyfnatic View Post
                for example, instead of ratatouille-themed coaster replacing mulhulland, how bout crush's coaster from DLP? wasnt the rat supposed to be a retheme of crush anyways?
                A Crush's Coaster would be great and it would fit in with the oceanside theme of the pier, but I just watched a video on Youtube and I don't know if I could handle the spinning turtle shells. I'd be blowing chunks in no time. The coaster would be great if the shells weren't spinnning and everyone was facing forward. Does ths make me a DoM? :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by Pressler69 View Post
                  It's obviously against park policy, grounds for removal from the park and against the law, but in the grand scheme of things it's not that big of a deal. It's not a dangerous situation and it's not a priority.

I'm not a pot smoker but I am a frequent park visitor, and I simply don't care that much that someone is smoking a joint in the park, and I don't think it's any worse than someone having a couple of drinks at DCA.

That is insane! If I saw someone doing this in the park I would report them. Pot is a lot more dangerous then you think. Some people are more prone to mental disorders after smoking pot and you never know if you are one of these folks or not. Play Russian Roullette much? I find it hard to believe that someone could get away with this. When I was a kid my dad went out to the car to smoke a joint while me my sisters and Mom stayed in the park. Somehow they saw him through cameras and he was thrown out. and this was like 20 years ago.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge..."
                  -Albert Einstein
                  sigpic

Comment

I think a Ratatouille coaster is perfect for those who want all the vowels in their coaster names.
                    But I'm just being facetious.
                    How about changing the Redwoods area to Sequoia?

Comment

Great article Al! And you are exactly right about the DoMs. I wish everbody would hold Disney to the higher standard that the company was built on.

If you were offended by the DoM label then that is obviously what you are and maybe you need to read the article again to understand what Al is saying.

-Albert Einstein
                      sigpic

Comment

Guests should smoke pot in the designated area: Tom and Huck's Cave (or THC).

Comment

Now, I know there are fans of both the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail and the Country Bear Jamboree.

Being that the possible return of the CBJ has been put on the back burner due to structural constraints.

Would those that are Redwood Creek Trail fans sacrifice the area for a CBJ theatre replacement?
                          "If you build it right, they will come." - Bob Iger

"I'm not a literary person. As far as realism is concerned, you can find dirt anyplace you look for it. I'm one of those optimists. There's always a rainbow." - Walt Disney

"I don't care about critics. Critics take themselves too seriously. They think the only way to be noticed and to be the smart guy is to pick and find fault with things. It's the public I'm making pictures for." - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by sediment View Post
                            One thing I think that was a bad move was to have the Grand Californian inside the park. It takes up such a big footprint that there could've be a lot of great attractions in this place. DCA could use another mountain in the future and this could have been a great place for it, but no, there's a hotel there.

Comment

Originally posted by sediment View Post
                              I was hoping for Yosemite. They have sequioas there!

Originally posted by ROBONICS95 View Post
                              Would those that are Redwood Creek Trail fans sacrifice the area for a CBJ theatre replacement?
                              Yes, but actually I am not a huge fan of the current redwoods area.

A little piece of heaven

Comment

Originally posted by Barbossa View Post
                                One thing I think that was a bad move was to have the Grand Californian inside the park. It takes up such a big footprint that there could've be a lot of great attractions in this place. DCA could use another mountain in the future and this could have been a great place for it, but no, there's a hotel there.
                                Most definitely. That is one of the big differences in space between DCA and WestCOT.
                                All of Grand Cal is in what was once the parking lot. Stupid, stupid idea.

Comment

Originally posted by flynnibus View Post
                                  Except one is illegal and the other is not.

The point is crime should not be allowed in the parks - regardless of if you feel the crime is bad or not. Should graffiti be allows because some think it's art and shouldn't be a crime?
                                  I never said pot smokers should not be thrown out. I said it plain as day, it is grounds for removal from the park. Yes, it should be enforced, but laws are prioritized all the time. Disney security has apparently, along with some California law enforcement agencies, lowered the priority on marijuana offenses.

Or maybe they are just lazy.

Comment

Originally posted by MollyTrolly View Post
                                    I was hoping for Yosemite. They have sequioas there!
                                    Maybe an El Capitan climbing wall? (I haven't been in a while -- do they have one of those?)

Comment

Originally posted by bigwavedave View Post
                                      This whole DoM thing is a bit too personal. I seems Al needs to realize that not everyone has the same opinions as he does. I love his articles, but at times he is a bit negative. Like his whole kill the sign thing, it appears he has never seen how many people love getting their photos in front of it. I have seen more people getting their photo in front of that thing, than are actually in the park. Calling us whom like the way the resort is going, and calling DoMs is just well DUMB! Just because we don't share all your views doesn't make us blind followers, it is just we view things in a different light!
                                      Anyways, it was nice to see some one else out there whom wants to save the sign. I know there is more of you whom would love to save THE CALIFORNIA SIGN. I KNOW, THERE IS MORE JOIN ME AND MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD!
                                      First of all, it wasn't Al's decision to tear out the California letters in front of DCA. That came from somewhere in the deep, dark, black hole that is TDA. Al just reported what they are planning to do.

But then again, I'm still trying to figure out how California fit into the Civil War.....

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                                      all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Originally posted by penguinsoda View Post
                                        But then again, I'm still trying to figure out how California fit into the Civil War.....
                                        Something to do with the Compromise of 1850. In that, NoCal agreed to hate everything that SoCal stands for, in perpetuity. SoCal agreed to ignore NoCal's whining about SoCal.

Comment

• Re: 10/9: Dead or Alive?

Are you kidding me! Save the Sign. Its just a sign who cares it sounds like the replacement is going to be 1000% better.

-Albert Einstein
                                          sigpic

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X