X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enchanted - MiceChat Review

Enchanted - Practically Perfect in every way

The movie is quite simply, the best Family movie in the past few years. From the beginning, the movie sucks you in with narration from a Disney Legend.

You fall in love with the characters right away and it's quite simply a return to the greatness that Disney can deliver.

The cast led by Amy Adams, Patrick Dempsey, James Marsden and Timothy Spall (Wormtail from the Harry Potter movies who gives an inspired Oscar-worthy performance) is impeccable. Rounding out the cast is Susan Sarandon who is part Evil Queen, part Maleficent and pure EVIL and the adorable Rachel Covey who is the perfect "mini-princess" for Giselle to play off of.

The music by Stephen Schwartz and Alan Menken (in a return to brilliance) is terrific. The original songs are the best to come out of Disney since The Hunchback of Notre Dame.

The story, quite simply is part fish-out-of-water, part romantic comedy, part animated and all fun. The live-action portion of the movie feels like your watching animation. The way that Giselle infects those around her with her innocent "Princess-esque" demeanor is really at the heart of what makes the movie so great.

Of course, it wouldn't be Disney without a few scene-stealing animals who don't take over the movie and really are what they are meant to be, supporting characters.

There are a few nods to the past as well. I won't share them here, but let's just say they are subtle enough not to be distracting, but still there enough to bring a smile to your face.

The violence in the movie is nothing more than what you would see in any other PG family movie, and really aside from being live-action, isn't anything you wouldn't see in movies such as Sleeping Beauty or Snow White.

Even though this was a free-preview, I have no doubt we will be going to see this again once it hits theatres. Maybe a few times.

Make your way to the theatre over Thanksgiving weekend and see this movie. You will not be dissapointed.

Enchanted

Rated PG for some scary images and mild innuendo

Releases on November 21, 2007

Starring: Amy Adams (Giselle), Patrick Dempsey (Robert), James Marsden (Prince Edward), Timothy Spall (Nathaniel), Rachel Covey (Morgan) and Susan Sarandon (Queen Narissa)

Directed by: Kevin Lima

Music by: Stephen Schwartz and Alan Menken
    Last edited by sir clinksalot; 11-02-2007, 12:09 PM.

Re: Enchanted - MiceChat Review

Thanks for the review! I can't wait to see this :clap:

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

I can't wait for this!
      sigpic
      Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

With the lack of interesting movies lately, this is great to hear. Thanks Clinks.
        1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Thanks for the review! Did you also have a chance to preview the new Goofy short that will be released with this movie?

If so, what are your thoughts?
          "If you build it right, they will come." - Bob Iger

"I'm not a literary person. As far as realism is concerned, you can find dirt anyplace you look for it. I'm one of those optimists. There's always a rainbow." - Walt Disney

"I don't care about critics. Critics take themselves too seriously. They think the only way to be noticed and to be the smart guy is to pick and find fault with things. It's the public I'm making pictures for." - Walt Disney

Comment

No, the goofy short was not part of the preview. Only a preview of National Treasure: Book of Secrets (which looks good as well).

Comment

Timothy Spall (Wormtongue from the Harry Potter movies who gives an inspired Oscar-worthy performance) is impeccable.
              I feel I must correct this! WormTAIL. not tongue.

Comment

Your right, I had a LOTR moment.

(fixed)

Comment

Thanks for the review SirC. This is one movie I've been looking forward to seeing since I first saw the previews, and after your shining review, I'm even more excited to see it now :clap:

Comment

Thanks so much! Can't wait to see it!
                    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Great review! I hope I can fit it in this weekend! I was so glad to hear you enjoyed it!

Comment

I dugg it on digg.com:
                        http://digg.com/movies/Preview_Revie...ovie_Enchanted
                        MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
                        Save

Comment

I am so glad this is a good movie. We have places for my sister and I plus out kids to se ethis at El Capitan after Christmas. Now I am really excited about the event!

A little piece of heaven

Comment

Did you go to the El Cap screening or a different one?
                            Good morning, son
                            In twenty years from now
                            Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                            And I can tell you 'bout today
                            And how I picked you up and everything changed
                            It was pain
                            Sunny days and rain
                            I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

The more I hear about this movie, the more good things
                              I keep hearing!!! Can't wait to see it ~ and will plan to
                              see it at the El Capitan also.
                              Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                              An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                              Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                              Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
                                There are a few nods to the past as well. I won't share them here, but let's just say they are subtle enough not to be distracting, but still there enough to bring a smile to your face.
                                See below:

Spoiler
                                I listened to the movie's soundtrack, and during one part there's a melody that sounds EXACTLY like part of the score for Beauty and the Beast. Is this one of the references, or was this just coincidence?
                                "Keep Moving Forward."

Comment

Originally posted by NeverNeverland View Post
                                  Did you go to the El Cap screening or a different one?
                                  It was a sneak preview in Woodland Hills at the AMC.

Originally posted by 1FoolishMortal View Post
                                  See below:

Spoiler
                                  I listened to the movie's soundtrack, and during one part there's a melody that sounds EXACTLY like part of the score for Beauty and the Beast. Is this one of the references, or was this just coincidence?
                                  Yes, you are correct. There is another part also.
                                  *When a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it.

Comment

I just saw the trailer and can't wait to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by belle View Post
                                      Yes, you are correct. There is another part also.
                                      Ok, I thought I might've been hearing things, lol. At least that makes sense now.

I just watched a featurette on how they played upon many elements of Disney's past movies in Enchanted. I can't wait to see it! :yea:
                                      "Keep Moving Forward."

Comment

Sounds great, Gregg!

Some of the costumes from the movie were up in the window today at the Disney Store on 5th Avenue in Manhattan.
                                        One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Originally posted by Mouse princess
                                        Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X