• Show
Clear All

• DizDragon
    replied
    Re: 11/13: A Pirate's (After) Life For Me

Originally posted by Barbossa View Post
    So a ride on Pirates can now end up like this:

"Good bye sweet prince."
    Glad to know I wasn't the only one who remembered this right away!

Honestly, though, it's not like I never entertained the idea of having part of my cremains scattered on Disney property. I would prefer ROA or the castle moat, though. Maybe Jungle Cruise. Just a teaspoon or so, though, not all of them.

(My fave idea for my remains is still to have a bit mixed in with a batch of tattoo ink, and allowing any of my friends or family who wished to get a memorial tattoo with a bit of me in it.)

As for the Adventures tour, I wish I had the $$$ to book one. I started drooling at the thought while I was reading the post. It sounds like a little bit of everything the rabid Disney geek might want to have access to.

Leave a comment:

• BassBone
    replied

Originally posted by TheManator View Post
    Ahh...IASW...when I was 17 I deflowered my (at that time) girlfriend...memories...sucks they won't have it w/o cameras anymore...
    There will still be no cameras.

Originally posted by Diznyfan View Post
    How long before all the DCA plans are reduced to ashes?
    Originally posted by kaliwolf View Post
    There are a number of things in this article that don't seem to add up, at least to me. First of all, I thought that way back when Al first talked about how Iger was preparing to present which mix of plans he chose to redo DCA to the Board, that he had to balance the wants and needs of Parks and Resorts (Rasulo), TDA, and WDI. Why does it seem like TDA has a bunch of problems with the plans all of the sudden? Unless communication within the company is worse than I thought, they shouldn't have been blindsided by these things, and should have had their opportunity to speak up a while back. For example, if there were issues with the flying saucer ride, why would they have announced it? They left so many other things unannounced officially.

Also, this is the first I've heard that the Screamin' funhouse queue was to go inside the the helix of the coaster. I had always heard, from Blue Sky Disney blog and other insiders, that that space was reserved for a D or possibly an E-ticket (along with another D or E attraction to go into the Maliboomer helix) that would possibly get built during Phase Two. Al says that they don't want construction going on in that area in 2009 because of the WOC show, but the schedule I've heard described has construction going on for the Little Mermaid ride, as well as Route 66 (Late 2009) then already. Maybe that's the problem, that too much would be closed down. Still, TDA has to bite the bullet at some point, as the queue at least can't remain as is. I personally think it'd be good to start that section as soon as the media blitz dies down for TSMM. I dunno...

I understand the sentiment that they want to keep as much open as possible, but they have to realize that some attractions, even popular ones, are going to have to close for a period if they want things to be improved. I don't see it as being much different from an extended and extensive refurb.
    They're not canning the plans, just rearranging them. I think it makes sense to let WoC open before they redo the main entrance because people will trek through an inconvenient side entrance to get there. Same with not shutting the coaster down to build a new queue. They don't want too many things closed at once or attendance will drop.

Leave a comment:

• Circarama
    replied

Originally posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
    I don't have a problem with Disney charging a fee to bury ashes on the grounds in an organized, discreet, and tasteful way.
    Oh you silly boy, here you go again stirring the pot...

Leave a comment:

• PragmaticIdealist
    replied

I don't have a problem with Disney charging a fee to bury ashes on the grounds in an organized, discreet, and tasteful way.

Leave a comment:

• Alchimedes
    replied

Really disappointed to hear that Philharmagic is not coming to California. As for the Tour, it's mediocre at best. Sounds interesting in some areas, but half Disney hearted in others.

As for the remains, that is just bizarre. I can just hear it now "Hepa cleanup on Aisle 4 of the Graveyard!" STAT!
    Good god. Yikes.

Thanks Al, always a good to read the latest and greatest.

Leave a comment:

• Circarama
    replied

Originally posted by Dustysage View Post
    Why sprinkle the ashes at Disneyland when Disney already has a perfectly good graveyard in front of Epcot? I believe they call it the Leave a Legacy Cemetery
    Absoluteley! Maybe they can reconstitute one's remains into one of those tiles, plate it with silver, then etch their image on it.

What a wonderful way to spend eternity...

...Or the next 12 years until the next major rehab of Spaceship Earth.

Leave a comment:

• Dustysage
    replied

Why sprinkle the ashes at Disneyland when Disney already has a perfectly good graveyard in front of Epcot? I believe they call it the Leave a Legacy Cemetery

Leave a comment:

• jcruise86
    replied
    Originally posted by Dustysage View Post
    I think you just earned yourself a job in Disney marketing. Magical Remains - The happiest life after earth!
    I'd love to be in or buried outside of the Haunted Mansion.

And I'd like my enemies to be spread into the waters of Small World so that they'll be forced to listen to that tune forever.

That "Adventures by Disney" tour sounds fantastic! It make me want to work hard to make more money. Go capitalism! I wish they had tours of Hong Kong and Tokyo Disneylands. I think "Adventures by Disney" is going to turn it around! Maybe one day they'll even go to Dubai or Milwaukee!

Leave a comment:

• tasman
    replied

Originally posted by ROBONICS95 View Post
    www.adventuresbydisney.com

Visit the 2008 schedule of tours
    Thanks...will keep it in mind if I get the chance and have the dough to spare

Leave a comment:

• Pressler69
    replied

Originally posted by tasman View Post
    Or is Disney just spineless in confronting guests?
    Bingo.

I'm pretty sure dumping ashes on private property is illegal. Here's what I could find from a quick search.

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007..._476_16_07.txt

In California, ashes may be scattered at sea, but they can't be sprinkled along the seashore or a riverbank. They can be spread at some state parks, but not in national forests. And anywhere people decide to scatter ashes, they need a county burial permit and written permission from the property owner.

"You can't just go and toss cremated remains on anyone's property," said Kevin Flanagan, a state Department of Consumer Affairs spokesman, adding that the state regulations are in place because what one person might be comfortable with another might not.
    I think the person dumping the ashes inside of rides should be tracked, confronted, and arrested. This is just stupid what they are doing and I don't want to breath in someone's dead aunt while I ride Pirates.

Leave a comment:

• ROBONICS95
    replied

Originally posted by tasman View Post
    What law prevents them from prosecuting the ash dumpers? It's damaging private property and causing public health hazard IMO. Or is Disney just spineless in confronting guests?

Also, where is the website for that tour? Don't know if I'll spend that kind of money, but sounds enticing!
    www.adventuresbydisney.com

Visit the 2008 schedule of tours
    Last edited by ROBONICS95; 11-13-2007, 07:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• tasman
    replied

What law prevents them from prosecuting the ash dumpers? It's damaging private property and causing public health hazard IMO. Or is Disney just spineless in confronting guests?

Also, where is the website for that tour? Don't know if I'll spend that kind of money, but sounds enticing!

Leave a comment:

• Aladdin
    replied

Originally posted by Queenie View Post
    Does anyone else sense a marketing opportunity here? Imagine:

"For a mere $559.95, we will bake the ashes of your dead loved one into a paving stone and they will live on in the walkways of Disneyland forever!"
    Come visit the ALL NEW D.C.A. ~ Disney's Cemetary Adventure!

Featuring the ALL NEW Attraction ~

* Storage of Your Love One's Cremated Remains (10 years guaranteed)
    * Discounted for Deceased Disney Vacation Club Members
    * Loved one's remains will become part of Chernabog Mt ~ DCA's
    newest and only continually growing mt!
    * Visit your love one's remains ANYTIME with your paid admission to DCA!
    (during regular operating hours)
    * Sail the quiet waters below around Chernabog Mt and THEN. . .
    hold on for the thrill of your life as drop below the mountain to
    visit Hades and the Titans in the underground world, and escape
    his domain to the surface above!
    * Watch the all new light show projected on Chernabog Mt. HEY
    that might just be the face of your loved one on of those
    spirits circling the mountain!

Leave a comment:

• ROBONICS95
    replied

Originally posted by Pressler69 View Post
    No, they aren't on their way out, but I would definitely consider it on the chopping block. Once the lawyers get ahold of something there's always a good chance it'll get cut or downgraded significantly. There may still be a flying saucer type attraction, but it might be downgraded like the bumper cars. Then what would be the point?

Lawyers ruined Toontown, Tom Sawyer's Island, and the bumper cars in a bug's land. There was also a time when ugly yellow tape was all over steps near the castle. Thankfully someone stepped in and ended that.

As for PhilharMagic, I saw it reported as a new addition in the LA Times and/or the OC Register, on their published maps of the makeover I believe.
    Ah, I misunderstood 'chopping block,' my mistake.

I saw the published maps as well but I realize that they use Al as their source for a few of their releases. So while I consider Al a solid source of information, unless it is built or publicly announced by Disney I don't consider it to be set in stone. Similar to Villains, Orlando Bloom AA in POTC, Ratatouille coaster, Incredibles ride, DCA becoming an extension on DD, etc., I consider these Blue Sky ideas being tossed around by WDI.

With Disney publicly announcing Luigi's Tires, they have already set the expectation while most of what we read on the net are insider possibilities.
    Last edited by ROBONICS95; 11-13-2007, 05:54 PM. Reason: Change 'fact' to 'set in stone'

Leave a comment:

• ROBONICS95
    replied

Originally posted by Circarama View Post
    Have you picked a date yet?
    I haven't locked down anything yet, I am dealing with the hurdle of traveling with an infant. Disney says they can allow for travelers aging at 4 and up.

But the time we were looking into was the beginning of April.

I will keep you posted...
    Last edited by ROBONICS95; 11-13-2007, 05:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Pressler69
    replied

Al says TDA asked WDI to improve their flying saucer proposal and that these meetings were in a state of "infancy" and all of a sudden they are on their way out?!
    No, they aren't on their way out, but I would definitely consider it on the chopping block. Once the lawyers get ahold of something there's always a good chance it'll get cut or downgraded significantly. There may still be a flying saucer type attraction, but it might be downgraded like the bumper cars. Then what would be the point?

Lawyers ruined Toontown, Tom Sawyer's Island, and the bumper cars in a bug's land. There was also a time when ugly yellow tape was all over steps near the castle. Thankfully someone stepped in and ended that.

As for PhilharMagic, I saw it reported as a new addition in the LA Times and/or the OC Register, on their published maps of the makeover I believe.

Leave a comment:

• Circarama
    replied

Originally posted by raevnzno View Post
    I remember reading somewhere about a company that would incorporate remains into concrete structures that were then used as re-building blocks for hurricane damaged reefs. Maybe something along those lines could be done. New planters and benches for the parks.....
    Oh no, you didn't just say that!!

Leave a comment:

• WesternRiverExplorer
    replied

There are a number of things in this article that don't seem to add up, at least to me. First of all, I thought that way back when Al first talked about how Iger was preparing to present which mix of plans he chose to redo DCA to the Board, that he had to balance the wants and needs of Parks and Resorts (Rasulo), TDA, and WDI. Why does it seem like TDA has a bunch of problems with the plans all of the sudden? Unless communication within the company is worse than I thought, they shouldn't have been blindsided by these things, and should have had their opportunity to speak up a while back. For example, if there were issues with the flying saucer ride, why would they have announced it? They left so many other things unannounced officially.

Also, this is the first I've heard that the Screamin' funhouse queue was to go inside the the helix of the coaster. I had always heard, from Blue Sky Disney blog and other insiders, that that space was reserved for a D or possibly an E-ticket (along with another D or E attraction to go into the Maliboomer helix) that would possibly get built during Phase Two. Al says that they don't want construction going on in that area in 2009 because of the WOC show, but the schedule I've heard described has construction going on for the Little Mermaid ride, as well as Route 66 (Late 2009) then already. Maybe that's the problem, that too much would be closed down. Still, TDA has to bite the bullet at some point, as the queue at least can't remain as is. I personally think it'd be good to start that section as soon as the media blitz dies down for TSMM. I dunno...

I understand the sentiment that they want to keep as much open as possible, but they have to realize that some attractions, even popular ones, are going to have to close for a period if they want things to be improved. I don't see it as being much different from an extended and extensive refurb.

Leave a comment:

• raevnzno
    replied

Just the thought of dragging your 'loved one' into the park to try to spead them somewhere.....ewwwww.
    That being said, I remember reading somewhere about a company that would incorporate remains into concrete structures that were then used as re-building blocks for hurricane damaged reefs. Maybe something along those lines could be done. New planters and benches for the parks.....

Leave a comment:

• Circarama
    replied

I loved your last trip report so much that I promised myself I would try to make that trip happen for my family.

Jimmy Kimmel show, Jim Henson Studio Tour, Disney Studio Tour, WDI tour, Walts Apartment Tour....

I am pretty excited about this...
    Have you picked a date yet?

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X