Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Enchanted by Disney: blending new & old, achieving a style both fresh & familiar

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Enchanted by Disney: blending new & old, achieving a style both fresh & familiar


    Enchanted Simpsons MovieThe Princess and the Frog.






    Little Nemo in SlumberlandEnchanted
    Excerpts from:
    Enchanted by Disney
    Joe Strike talks to the creators of Disney's Enchanted, who blended new and old to achieve a style that's both fresh and familiar.
    http://mag.awn.com/index.php?ltype=p...rticle_no=3459
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

  • #2
    Re: Enchanted by Disney: blending new & old, achieving a style both fresh & familiar

    You have created one of the most clever and nicely worded thread titles here, ALIASd. :thumbup:

    I agree that the best of both worlds are represented in Enchanted - a magical classic fairytail and contemporary romantic comedy.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Enchanted by Disney: blending new & old, achieving a style both fresh & familiar

      Thanks but the main title credit goes to AnimationWorldNetwork, I simply edited the subtitle to fit within the MC restraints. It's a good article, enjoy!
      "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Enchanted by Disney: blending new & old, achieving a style both fresh & familiar

        Originally posted by ALIASd View Post
        Thanks but the main title credit goes to AnimationWorldNetwork, I simply edited the subtitle to fit within the MC restraints. It's a good article, enjoy!
        Well then, it's the best ever edited subtitle geared to fit within MC restraints! So there! Nanners! You'll have to live with my compliment. :lol:

        The article is an awesome read. Unlike many of today's spoof films, Enchanted will display a humorous contrast between the real world and traditional animated fairy tail films without resorting to overt sarcasm and outlandish negative put downs. :thumbup:
        Last edited by Ride Warrior; 11-26-2007, 11:03 AM.
        To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Enchanted by Disney: blending new & old, achieving a style both fresh & familiar

          Originally posted by Ride Warrior View Post
          Enchanted will display a humorous contrast between the real world and traditional animated fairy tail films without resorting to overt sarcasm and outlandish negative put downs. :thumbup:
          Well thanks again!

          So agree with the last thoughts here. I couldn't help thinking what a self-serving spin DreamWorks Animation would have put on the same material. The restraint that was used with only minimal visible Disney-product placement (example: a Cinderella book in Robert's daughter's room) whereas you would surely have seen Shrek or Madagascar posters or dolls galore.

          Making Prince Edward's favorite prey a troll rather than an ogre was a classy move.
          "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Enchanted by Disney: blending new & old, achieving a style both fresh & familiar

            Originally posted by ALIASd View Post
            Well thanks again!

            So agree with the last thoughts here. I couldn't help thinking what a self-serving spin DreamWorks Animation would have put on the same material. The restraint that was used with only minimal visible Disney-product placement (example: a Cinderella book in Robert's daughter's room) whereas you would surely have seen Shrek or Madagascar posters or dolls galore.

            Making Prince Edward's favorite prey a troll rather than an ogre was a classy move.
            Disney obviously went out of it's way to not lower itself to the same substandard level as Dreamworks. I admire that. What Universal has done is unnecesary. Shrek would have been a commercial success without the sophmoric satire.
            To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Enchanted by Disney: blending new & old, achieving a style both fresh & familiar

              That kind of humor was greatly shaded by two of the film's stars Mike Myers and Eddie Murphy, not exactly a departure for either, just animated this time.
              "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Enchanted by Disney: blending new & old, achieving a style both fresh & familiar

                Originally posted by ALIASd View Post
                That kind of humor was greatly shaded by two of the film's stars Mike Myers and Eddie Murphy, not exactly a departure for either, just animated this time.
                Their satire works for them in most of their non-animated feature films. I have enjoyed each of Eddie Murphy's and Mike Meyers' films for years. It just doesn't work in a film by a company that acts like it has a personal grudge against Disney - or anybody else for that matter.
                To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

                Comment

                Ad Widget

                Collapse
                Working...
                X