Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Enchanted by Disney: blending new & old, achieving a style both fresh & familiar

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enchanted by Disney: blending new & old, achieving a style both fresh & familiar

Enchanted Simpsons MovieThe Princess and the Frog.

Little Nemo in SlumberlandEnchanted
    Excerpts from:
    Enchanted by Disney
    Joe Strike talks to the creators of Disney's Enchanted, who blended new and old to achieve a style that's both fresh and familiar.
    http://mag.awn.com/index.php?ltype=p...rticle_no=3459
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Re: Enchanted by Disney: blending new & old, achieving a style both fresh & familiar

You have created one of the most clever and nicely worded thread titles here, ALIASd. :thumbup:

I agree that the best of both worlds are represented in Enchanted - a magical classic fairytail and contemporary romantic comedy.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

Re: Enchanted by Disney: blending new & old, achieving a style both fresh & familiar

Thanks but the main title credit goes to AnimationWorldNetwork, I simply edited the subtitle to fit within the MC restraints. It's a good article, enjoy!
      "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Originally posted by ALIASd View Post
        Thanks but the main title credit goes to AnimationWorldNetwork, I simply edited the subtitle to fit within the MC restraints. It's a good article, enjoy!
        Well then, it's the best ever edited subtitle geared to fit within MC restraints! So there! Nanners! You'll have to live with my compliment. :lol:

The article is an awesome read. Unlike many of today's spoof films, Enchanted will display a humorous contrast between the real world and traditional animated fairy tail films without resorting to overt sarcasm and outlandish negative put downs. :thumbup:
        Last edited by Ride Warrior; 11-26-2007, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ride Warrior View Post
          Enchanted will display a humorous contrast between the real world and traditional animated fairy tail films without resorting to overt sarcasm and outlandish negative put downs. :thumbup:
          Well thanks again!

So agree with the last thoughts here. I couldn't help thinking what a self-serving spin DreamWorks Animation would have put on the same material. The restraint that was used with only minimal visible Disney-product placement (example: a Cinderella book in Robert's daughter's room) whereas you would surely have seen Shrek or Madagascar posters or dolls galore.

Making Prince Edward's favorite prey a troll rather than an ogre was a classy move.

Comment

Well thanks again!

So agree with the last thoughts here. I couldn't help thinking what a self-serving spin DreamWorks Animation would have put on the same material. The restraint that was used with only minimal visible Disney-product placement (example: a Cinderella book in Robert's daughter's room) whereas you would surely have seen Shrek or Madagascar posters or dolls galore.

Making Prince Edward's favorite prey a troll rather than an ogre was a classy move.
            Disney obviously went out of it's way to not lower itself to the same substandard level as Dreamworks. I admire that. What Universal has done is unnecesary. Shrek would have been a commercial success without the sophmoric satire.

Comment

That kind of humor was greatly shaded by two of the film's stars Mike Myers and Eddie Murphy, not exactly a departure for either, just animated this time.

Comment

That kind of humor was greatly shaded by two of the film's stars Mike Myers and Eddie Murphy, not exactly a departure for either, just animated this time.
                Their satire works for them in most of their non-animated feature films. I have enjoyed each of Eddie Murphy's and Mike Meyers' films for years. It just doesn't work in a film by a company that acts like it has a personal grudge against Disney - or anybody else for that matter.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X