Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Enchanted by Disney: blending new & old, achieving a style both fresh & familiar

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enchanted by Disney: blending new & old, achieving a style both fresh & familiar

Enchanted Simpsons MovieThe Princess and the Frog.

Little Nemo in SlumberlandEnchanted
    Excerpts from:
    Enchanted by Disney
    Joe Strike talks to the creators of Disney's Enchanted, who blended new and old to achieve a style that's both fresh and familiar.
    http://mag.awn.com/index.php?ltype=p...rticle_no=3459
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Re: Enchanted by Disney: blending new &amp; old, achieving a style both fresh &amp; familiar

You have created one of the most clever and nicely worded thread titles here, ALIASd. :thumbup:

I agree that the best of both worlds are represented in Enchanted - a magical classic fairytail and contemporary romantic comedy.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

Re: Enchanted by Disney: blending new &amp; old, achieving a style both fresh &amp; familiar

Thanks but the main title credit goes to AnimationWorldNetwork, I simply edited the subtitle to fit within the MC restraints. It's a good article, enjoy!
      "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Originally posted by ALIASd View Post
        Thanks but the main title credit goes to AnimationWorldNetwork, I simply edited the subtitle to fit within the MC restraints. It's a good article, enjoy!
        Well then, it's the best ever edited subtitle geared to fit within MC restraints! So there! Nanners! You'll have to live with my compliment. :lol:

The article is an awesome read. Unlike many of today's spoof films, Enchanted will display a humorous contrast between the real world and traditional animated fairy tail films without resorting to overt sarcasm and outlandish negative put downs. :thumbup:
        Last edited by Ride Warrior; 11-26-2007, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ride Warrior View Post
          Enchanted will display a humorous contrast between the real world and traditional animated fairy tail films without resorting to overt sarcasm and outlandish negative put downs. :thumbup:
          Well thanks again!

So agree with the last thoughts here. I couldn't help thinking what a self-serving spin DreamWorks Animation would have put on the same material. The restraint that was used with only minimal visible Disney-product placement (example: a Cinderella book in Robert's daughter's room) whereas you would surely have seen Shrek or Madagascar posters or dolls galore.

Making Prince Edward's favorite prey a troll rather than an ogre was a classy move.

Comment

Well thanks again!

So agree with the last thoughts here. I couldn't help thinking what a self-serving spin DreamWorks Animation would have put on the same material. The restraint that was used with only minimal visible Disney-product placement (example: a Cinderella book in Robert's daughter's room) whereas you would surely have seen Shrek or Madagascar posters or dolls galore.

Making Prince Edward's favorite prey a troll rather than an ogre was a classy move.
            Disney obviously went out of it's way to not lower itself to the same substandard level as Dreamworks. I admire that. What Universal has done is unnecesary. Shrek would have been a commercial success without the sophmoric satire.

Comment

That kind of humor was greatly shaded by two of the film's stars Mike Myers and Eddie Murphy, not exactly a departure for either, just animated this time.

Comment

That kind of humor was greatly shaded by two of the film's stars Mike Myers and Eddie Murphy, not exactly a departure for either, just animated this time.
                Their satire works for them in most of their non-animated feature films. I have enjoyed each of Eddie Murphy's and Mike Meyers' films for years. It just doesn't work in a film by a company that acts like it has a personal grudge against Disney - or anybody else for that matter.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X