X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disneyland Dream Suite press release

29 January 2008

Disney

DISNEYLAND DREAM SUITE WILL BE AWARDED TO A LUCKY GUEST MOST NIGHTS DURING THE YEAR OF A MILLION DREAMS, STARTING JAN. 31

http://www.disneylandnews.com/articl...article_id=255
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Re: Disneyland Dream Suite press release

Ooohhh..it looks purdy!

Comment

We still haven't mailed in a entry, probably won't either... (aren't we lazy?) my son is convinced, however, that if we enter... we will win. Deam away... but it seemes extremely unlikely we would win. I'm sure diligence would pay off though.... some luck persons will win.

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Comment

Here are the photos and the rest of that release:

www.disneyland.com, call (866) 60-DISNEY or contact local travel agents.
        MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

I like it. I'd rather have the gallery, but this looks nice.

Comment

I love the patio area!!

Comment

I know a lot of Mice Chatters who frequent DL hated the idea of changing the gallery into a hotel room, even if it is just temporary. But I'll tell you what, if I won the right to stay there for a night, I would take it! It looks stunning!

Comment

As much as I'll miss the Gallery. That area was built to be a suite to begin with. They are really just finishing off what Walt wanted. So it is hard to complain. And I suppose that they can use it for dignitaries and special events after the 10th anniversary of the Years of a Million Dreams is over (whenever that is).
                MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

looks very nice.

Comment

I don't really miss the gallery. The suite turned out great! Only one night would be fine by me.
                    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Blechhhh! What a waste for this prime spot in New Orleans Square.

So many more people could enjoy this area as the Disney Gallery,
                      than will ever be able to see it as the dream suite. And the finished
                      result looks nothing like the way it was originally envisioned in the
                      pictures that were on display in the Disney Gallery.

Certainly there is no Dining room as originally envisioned (and which was recently
                      reduced in size, giving half of that room to the Club 33 Kitchen).

And I'm sure Walt Disney NEVER dreamed of this place being turned
                      into a hotel room for contest winners, as the Press Release makes it sound.

This has got to be one of the most blatent stupid moves in the
                      history of Disneyland management. It ranks right up there with
                      the horrendous decisions that permeated all of Disneyland during
                      the Pressler years.

I wonder just how much money they wasted on this. It would have
                      made more sense to enhance the Gallery Experience, to attract
                      additional visitors, instead of restricting it's use.

It really is a great way for Disney and Disneyland management to
                      raise there noses at pretty much ALL DL guests. "Your not good
                      enough to come up here anymore"

This is a real black eye for the DR Press Department, as well.
                      Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                      An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                      Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                      Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

No doubt this is a silly question, but one that I have been wondering about.

Since the winner stays the night they win, without any warning, what does the winner do about PJs, a toothbrush, and other such things?
                        Crazy Works For Me!

Comment

Originally posted by Kasey View Post
                          No doubt this is a silly question, but one that I have been wondering about.

Since the winner stays the night they win, without any warning, what does the winner do about PJs, a toothbrush, and other such things?
                          "for the low low price of...." heh, it's disneyland, what else do you expect?

hard to believe I cleaned that about 3-4 times, after my training in store cleaning, this was day 2 of it, cleaning the gallery and all new orleans shops.

I was so tired that night, that I thought the entrance I took to get to it (through the middle of that courtyard thingie inside the pieces of 8 shop, the stair case) and knowing a little about club 33, I thought it was a "exclusive" gallery for the club 33 members, not the regular disney gallery

Comment

So...being "new" and all...here goes the dumb *** question of the night...

how would one "mail-in" an entry? I would so mail one every day if only some kind sole would tell me! After all, I got a prize on my first -ever (hopefully not last) MiceChat Meet, so who says I wouldn't win the dream night!!!

A girl can hope...if someone can tell me HOW!!!

xoxo
                            With love,

Vern

Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust...that's all you need.

Some days you count your blessings,
                            Somedays you county your friends
                            but always you count them together.

True friends last,
                            through the bitching and the laughing
                            the tears and the hugs

To my friend
                            (who has no idea I'm doing this)
                            I love you
                            Thank you for being the other half of my tee-pee

:love:
                            Silly Tink...