Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Save VMk Rally to be held in the Disneyland Resort area Saturday, May 10th

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Save VMk Rally to be held in the Disneyland Resort area Saturday, May 10th

VMK Kids Unite Press Release

Over a million guests to Disney Magic Kingdom are told the online park is closing, forever.

www.vmkkidsunite.com
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Re: Save VMk Rally to be held in the Disneyland Resort area Saturday, May 10th

I think it's terrible anytime anyone protests outside of Disneyland for any reason. It's really scary to kids. They are only thinking of themselves and not the paying guests to the Disneyland Resort. They can protest elsewhere, but they shouldn't be allowed to protest in front of Disneyland period.

Comment

Originally posted by Aura of Foreboding View Post
      I think it's terrible anytime anyone protests outside of Disneyland for any reason. It's really scary to kids. They are only thinking of themselves and not the paying guests to the Disneyland Resort. They can protest elsewhere, but they shouldn't be allowed to protest in front of Disneyland period.
      As long as they're not on Disney's property and the City of Anaheim has granted them permission to assemble and protest on public property, they're allowed.

I think there are far worse things in the world to protest than the closure of an online game, but more power to them I guess. :botox:
      Follow me on Twitter and Facebook.

Comment

I realize the game was pretty popular, but they never said it would be around forever...especially for free. I think they should have charged for it and had it on more reliable servers. At any rate disney has the right to shut it down if they want to.....I'm not sure what protesting is going to accomplish. Maybe they will keep it open for a fee...that's what I wold do..

Comment

Originally posted by disneytim View Post
          As long as they're not on Disney's property and the City of Anaheim has granted them permission to assemble and protest on public property, they're allowed.
          I understand they are allowed to, but I don't think they should. It's selfish. Think of other people and especially the kids that get frightened by large groups of people holding signs, yelling and shouting.

Comment

Note, they are staying off of Disney property, but will be at the "border" of both the Timon and Mickey & Friends Parking entrances, on public sidewalks.

The group has gone thru the proper legal processes and obtained the permits need from the city. They have a right to get their voices heard, just like any other group.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkbeer View Post
              Note, they are staying off of Disney property, but will be at the "border" of both the Timon and Mickey & Friends Parking entrances, on public sidewalks.

The group has gone thru the proper legal processes and obtained the permits need from the city. They have a right to get their voices heard, just like any other group.
              Legal or not, it's still in poor taste. Just my opinion.

Comment

Oh boy, just let it die in peace.

Originally posted by Aura of Foreboding View Post
                Legal or not, it's still in poor taste. Just my opinion.
                Yeah, I agree.

Comment

As a vmk player, I just want to say.....these people need to get over it. It was a fun, free game with no promises of eternity. If some people put this much focus and energy into things that actually mattered like poverty, homelessness, disease, war, intolerance...the world would probably be in a lot better shape. The amount of time people will waste on this protest is absurd.
                  Originally posted by larasound
                  am I the burrito man?

Comment

There will probably be a handful of people who will show up at this protest, (like 5) and that will be the end of that.

I don't see how protesting outside of Disneyland is going to change anything.

Comment

Aren't there more important things they can be protesting?

Plus, the protest should be at Disney corporate who made this decision, not at Disneyland.

Comment

Why not Disneyland.

The game was based on a Virtual version of the park, so isn't it appropriate to protest the closure at the "real" version?

And of course, the Media will cover the event in front of Disneyland more than they would if they did it at Burbank.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkbeer View Post
                          Burbank, California – May 2, 2008 – In an unprecedented action, Disney officials are closing the gates to one of their family parks, forever.
                          Wow, that's only slightly dramatic. They want to ask Disney if it is their intent to "destroy the dreams of a million kids around the world?" Who wrote this for them?

One million kids need to find a new hobby, that's all I can come up with on this one. While I can appreciate the idea that they want to rally around a cause, I'm not sure this is rally-worthy.

ETA: Yes, I realize that rally-worthiness is in the eye of the beholder.
                          Last edited by SusieP.; 05-05-2008, 05:07 PM.
                          A signature should go here.

Comment

I think they probably should have done this a little bit earlier.

It's May already people, they are probably ready to shut it down at any rate now.

And, I understand that VMK is really fun, but I think there is better things to protest for than a virtual game. o_O

Comment

I've been on VMK since day one, but they don't see me complaining. It seems unethical to protest over a virtual game that closes 16 days from now. I say they admit defeat and go home to enjoy the time they have left, not waste it by protesting.

And like someone said earlier, if people put as much time into things that matter and actually affect people as they do for this Save VMK movement, who knows what they could accomplish.

A better question though, where's the protest over changes to Small World?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X