This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give My Favorite Radio Station A Listen...It's Going Away In A Few Days

Okay, I'm biased because I used to work for this station, and after what I'll just call a mid-decade meltdown I'm back, if only in a part-time off-air position.

In my opinion, when Lee Marshall launched 1450 the Boomer in 2001, he put together the best oldies (or as he prefers "Heart and Soul of Rock And Roll") station I'd ever heard.

The "Boomer" refers to our "Baby Boomer" generation, and there are lots of fun references to things us Boomers remember that are no longer around.

There are live shows in the early morning and late afternoon Pacific Time but the station's fun to listen to with great music 24/7. An oldies station need not keep playing the same 200 songs over and over!

But the station's fun for young people too.

Our corporate parent is pulling the plug, in the next few days, for a format that's similar, but empasizing more 70's and without some of the fun nuances that's made the Boomer special.

So while you can, give it a listen and let me know what you think.

Listen live at 1450theboomer.com

Thanks,

Barry

PS...I put this here because there is no "radio" sub-forum. Can we make one, and if so, how?
    Last edited by Radiobarry; 06-16-2008, 11:58 PM.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Re: Give My Favorite Radio Station A Listen...It's Going Away In A Few Days

Is it too late to petition to keep the station open?????

Comment

Originally posted by disneyfan07 View Post
      Is it too late to petition to keep the station open?????
      Sadly, yes. And the guy who put it together, put all the music together, and is the morning host is leaving.

Just posted this so you could enjoy it a few days.

-- Barry

PS...These days the decisions are ultimately made by a radio conglomerate with headquarters 3,000 miles away. Thats the way for most radio stations now.

By the way, you didn't necessarily hear this from me, since it hasn't been announced on the air yet. And I still need my job!
      Last edited by Radiobarry; 06-17-2008, 12:08 AM.
      God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Darn!!!!!!!!

Comment

Another one bites the dust...

I feel for you Barry. Ever since Fabulous 690 went off the air, radio has been a little sadder and less interesting for me.

I've noticed the "oldies" stations playing more and more music from my lifetime, and I keep thinking jeez, I'm not old enough for "my" music to be oldies! When I listen to oldies, I expect 50's, 60's and the occasional 40's tunes.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

It is terrible to see fantastic radio stations like this bite the dust. I feel your pain Barry. We haven't had a station like the Boomer in the Atlanta area for several years now. I was spoiled rotten with a local station that had the "largest oldies library in the Southeast" or so it claimed. Not only that but the station provided coverage of local high school athletics and it was essential listening on Friday nights because without it I would not be able to follow my own school's team (since I lived too far to be able to attend the games).

I feel a great loss for you Barry.
            Originally posted by aashee
            We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

Comment

Give Satalite Radio a try, I've had my Sirius for 2 1/2 years and I can't stand to listen to regular radio anymore because of way too many commercials. After the cost of the radio it's about 12.99 a month. Plus the radios are getting cheaper everyday.

Comment

I'll admit, I do not listen to AM radio just because the sound quality is so sucktastic. This did look like it was a good station - maybe they should move over to pm.

Sorry you are losing a good "friend", Barry.

Comment

I would recommend anyone who hasn't gotten satellite radio or can't afford the monthly fees (or just plain doesn't want to pay them), and isn't interested in internet radio to consider purchasing an HD Radio
                  • FM stations now with CD-quality sound
                  • AM stations now with FM-quality sound
                  • Crystal-clear reception with no audio distortion
                  • Hear the Difference
                  • CD-quality sound
                  • Crystal-clear reception
                  • No station drop-off
                  • No static, hiss or audio distortion

Find stations in your market: http://www.hdradio.com/find_an_hd_di...io_station.php

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X