This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wall-E in IMAX

Does anyone know where? I can only find the AMC Imax theater up at Universal that has it on the schedule. All the other IMAX theaters are continuing to show Kung Fu Panda and something called BECK!! What are they, stupid???? All the Edwards Theaters in the Irvine and San Diego area don't have it listed in the IMAX theaters, just in the regular theaters. I am doing this for a friend who doesn't have transportation available to get up to Universal. Does anyone know what's going on with Edwards Theaters? They have never been a bright bulb but this is ludicrous.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Re: Wall-E in IMAX

^ Because I don't think Wall-E is an IMAX movie. I just checked IMAX.com and it isn't listed as an option. The next IMAX film coming out is The Dark Knight (which I am all over!!!! ) Your best option is to make sure you see Wall-E in a digitally projected theatre. I'm seeing it that way at the El Cap this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Gone2Disneyland View Post
      ^ Because I don't think Wall-E is an IMAX movie. I just checked IMAX.com and it isn't listed as an option. The next IMAX film coming out is The Dark Knight (which I am all over!!!! ) Your best option is to make sure you see Wall-E in a digitally projected theatre. I'm seeing it that way at the El Cap this weekend.
      Aww yea! Dark Knight Imax im there!

Oh and I've got my VIP tickets for El Cap saturday 4:00pm for Wall-E, and as a bonus its got a stage show with it too. :yea:
      Everybody's got a laughin' place-
      trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Coast21 View Post
        Aww yea! Dark Knight Imax im there!

Oh and I've got my VIP tickets for El Cap saturday 4:00pm for Wall-E, and as a bonus its got a stage show with it too. :yea:
        I got my VIP tickets at the El Cap for the Midnight Showing tonight! I can't wait. As soon as I am out of work, Im heading stright there.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostHost View Post
          I got my VIP tickets at the El Cap for the Midnight Showing tonight! I can't wait. As soon as I am out of work, Im heading stright there.
          I'm jealous, I had to make it for saturday so my Nephews could go. But after all the positive reviews I've got to see it tonight too I'll take a freind to the midnight showing at a DLP theatre near by. Have fun at El Cap, let me know how the show stage show is :thumbup:
          Everybody's got a laughin' place-
          trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

Comment

My friends got discount tickets for the 9:45pm Saturday show at El Cap this weekend. My first choice locally is always The Bridge and midnight too, but sometimes you go with the flow. But El Cap has that digital projection!!!

As for TDK, still waiting on my friends to confirm who's in. I'm in for midnight too, but when I buy our tickets together iis simply a waiting game now. A lot of sites this morning have made a big deal of the Rolling Stones review of TDK too. That one I expect to watch at least three times, with different groups of friends.

Comment

It's advertised on the Disney Official Site as being released in IMAX and it's listed at the Universal Citywalk AMC Imax theater as starting tonight at midnight and has a full weekend listing for times, as well as in the regular theater. Only AMC seems to be showing it in IMAX for some reason. I plan on seeing it at the El Capitan but not until the crowds thin out. I hate overcrowded noisy theaters and you know this one is going to be full of out of control screaming kids. I will wait.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

Originally posted by Lost Boy View Post
                Does anyone know where? I can only find the AMC Imax theater up at Universal that has it on the schedule. All the other IMAX theaters are continuing to show Kung Fu Panda and something called BECK!! What are they, stupid???? All the Edwards Theaters in the Irvine and San Diego area don't have it listed in the IMAX theaters, just in the regular theaters. I am doing this for a friend who doesn't have transportation available to get up to Universal. Does anyone know what's going on with Edwards Theaters? They have never been a bright bulb but this is ludicrous.

We saw it at the Bridge - on the digital screen - is that the IMAX screen? It was great!
                sigpicMinnietoo

Comment

Originally posted by minnietoo View Post
                  We saw it at the Bridge - on the digital screen - is that the IMAX screen? It was great!
                  According to The Bridge web site Kung Foo Panda is showing on their IMAX screen. The Wall-E you saw was on a regular screen but with digital projection.

I agree with Lost Boy in that a search of all the IMAX theaters in So. Calif. does not show Wall-E playing on IMAX screens, just King Foo Panda. But I also looked at the official Wall-E site and I can not find where it says that it is an IMAX movie.
                  sigpic

Comment

I noticed in the big full double page ads yesterday (Friday) for Wall-E that there is no mention of IMAX. I could have sworn that in earlier ads and TV Commercials there was a tag line about also in IMAX, but maybe I dreamed it. Oh well, any good theater will be a good show. Next week I guess I will get to see it at the Sherman Oaks Archlight Theater. Best place to see a good movie. We just can't afford the El Capitan this time.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

Jennifer and I plan to see it next Tuesday at Long Beach Town Center where they have one theater showing it in digital. I can hardly wait.
                      sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X