X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andrew Stanton Interview at CT.com

http://www.christianitytoday.com/mov...ewstanton.html
    The Little Robot That Could
    Pixar's Andrew Stanton first thought of in 1994, and now it's hitting theaters. We caught up with Stanton to discuss his faith, creativity, and that lonely little 'bot.

by Mark Moring | posted 06/24/08

Stanton:living. And what's the point of living? Something real. He was a manmade object with something real inside him. And he found something real while surrounded by manmade objects. That just was poetic for me.

OK, but why were the humans on the space station all fat and riding around in their hovering lounge chairs?

Stanton:

Re: Andrew Stanton Interview at CT.com

Damage control.

Hayao Miyazaki, the director that many of Pixar's higher ups look to for inspiration, pulls the same BS. He claims to not place messages in his films and yet there is a clearly environmental message in them. Not that that's a bad thing.

I love this quote posted by GothicManor in some other thread:
    and the humans depicted seem a little like the stereotypical Disney fans... hmmm
    I'm going to love the commotion this is bound to cause once the weekend is over.

Comment

What upsets me about this is that there shouldn't have to be damage control!

Comment

People are looking into this way too much. Andrew Stanton's explanation is adequate and it makes sense when the woman realizes the world around her. She doesn't recognize the people to the left and right of her.

People jump on Stanton's case because "how dare he inject social commentary into a film!"
        "You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try." ~ Homer Simpson

Comment

Last edited by Mike2D; 06-30-2008, 11:33 PM.

Comment

I don't get what the big deal is anyway. Just enjoy the movie for what it is.

Comment

I don't get what the big deal is anyway. Just enjoy the movie for what it is.

Comment

Seems to be a common thread...

Something "Wall-E" discovers becomes the key to humans returning home to restore the devastated planet; however, writer-director Stanton insists he was not making an animated "Inconvenient Truth."

"I did not have an ecological message. I knew I was dealing with elements that basically match it, but that was never what I was pushing. The last thing I want is to be preached to when I watch a movie," he says. "I didn't mind that I was touching similar elements because it is not necessarily a bad thing to be associated with; but it was all basically to say 'everything else is going to benefit if you pay attention to relationships.' "

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyMania View Post
                  "...The last thing I want is to be preached to when I watch a movie," he says.
                  You and me both, Andrew. Unfortunately my head still hurts from being hammered with message, message and more message in the last 4 reels of your film.
                  "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
                  Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
                  imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X