Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Six Flags shows record gain on reports of positive guest approval and free cash flow

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Six Flags shows record gain on reports of positive guest approval and free cash flow

In some good news for Six Flags, it's stock showed a record gain last week. Reports of Positive Guest Relations ratings on safety, cleanliness and value are "at or above all-time highs".

More at the link

http://www.star-telegram.com/business/story/765622.html

Re: Six Flags shows record gain on reports of positive guest approval and free cash f

That's funny. My wife went Thursday and mentioned how much cleaner it was from the privious trip. Looks like things are paying off.

Comment

Re: Six Flags shows record gain on reports of positive guest approval and free cash f

I had an excellent expieience yesterday at SFMM and I am glad Six Flags is finally making an improvement.

Comment

At Six Flags Magic Mountain, there is now a trash can about every 20 feet which accounts for one reason why the park is cleaner. Also, come next year, their filthy smelly restrooms will be closed and new centralized ones with greater capacity will be constructed. YAY! I noticed employees at SFMM are a lot more friendly this year and most greeted me with the Disneyesque line of "Have a Magic Day!" There is a new, somewhat interesting, museum on the history of Magic Mountain at the top of the red Sky Tower (now reopened) by Ninja. It is NOT a museum-quality exhibit by any means but one that was hacked together by an employee with no budget. Remember the SFMM troll mascot? He's there! As is an artist rendering of the old Texas Instruments Computer Center. Remember that? Before computers were in every household, you could go there and have some educational fun on a PC.

Comment

After many years of spending excessive amounts of money on bigger, and even bigger rides, and ignoring the general conditions of the parks, they finally have seen the light. They now have a management team in place that understands running a theme park is about more than just throwing a bunch of big thrill rides on to a piece of land. You have to manage the park, the food, the bathrooms, and even the trash cans. It's good to see that they finally got it and things are starting to turn around for them.

If they play their cards right, they could do quite well during this time of high gas prices and a slow economy. A lot of people's budgets are too tight right now to take week-long road trips to far away places like WDW or Disneyland, but a closer regional park, like Six Flags might be more feasible for a lot of people.
          Imagineering by Grumpyfan

Comment

I was surprised that the employees were at Disney standards, and they did look better than Disney employees, uniform-wise. I just hope they keep the momentum and improve even more!
            Took mom to Disneyland for the first time in over 20 years this week! Woo!
            - March 1, 2006

She screamed, cried, and laughed...
            - me too!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X