This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pete's Dragon II

So this past Sunday, I was at home over looking the back of Universal Studios from my house, and watching Pete's Dragon, when I really thought, "this is one movie I think they should remake!"

I don't say that often, but if I had my choice of a Disney Musical movie remake it would be "Pete's Dragon!" My reasoning is that I feel the could get stronger talent, and they could improve the overall look and feel as Pete's Dragon really feels like a movie from the late 70's.

So my question is... if you could remake any Disney film (live action or animated) which film would it be and why?
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Re: Pete's Dragon II

I'm more amused at you looking at Universal thinking of Disney movies, lol!

Comment

I love everything about Pete's Dragon as is. It's just a gorgeous movie that makes me cry. I don't even know the cast but I know they did a good job. And Pete's Dragon inspired Speilberg to make his own Pete's Dragon, ET.

Let me think about the question...

Comment

I've always liked Flight of the Navigator, I think a remake for it would be nice, but I doubt it needs it. I just think it would be nice to visit Phalon and a couple other planets along the way as Max drops off the other weird things, ya know, the dancing moldy cottage cheese and the big eyeball, those guys

Comment

You know what movie I would love to see live action or even redone with like Pixar's excellence: Flight of Dragons. Sure no one could replace John Ritter as the protagonist (maybe his son, who is awesome), but it would be a lot of fun to see real looking dragons, that whole fight, and some of the parts of the plot that were just fun with modern technology. My only weirdness would be they have to keep the theme song from it.

Comment

Originally posted by albino_pygmy View Post
            I've always liked Flight of the Navigator, I think a remake for it would be nice, but I doubt it needs it. I just think it would be nice to visit Phalon and a couple other planets along the way as Max drops off the other weird things, ya know, the dancing moldy cottage cheese and the big eyeball, those guys
            Oh I vote for this too! It would be cool to make this relevant again! I loved this movie soooo much!

Maybe turn it into a great series!

Comment

Wow, really great ideas! I agree about a remake of Pete's Dragon and DEFINITELY Flight of the Navigator.

I always loved those old adventure movies as a kid, so for me, here is my list of remake wishes..

1. Goonies
              2. The Explorers
              3. Weird Science
              4. Labryinth
              5. The Dark Crystal
              6. Innerspace
              7. The Princess Bride
              8. Return to Oz
              9. Space Camp
              10. Real Genius

Comment

I loved the Goonies! Wow, I nearly forgot about Labyrinth. I miss those awesome Jim Henson creations all over, it was such a great movie

Comment

Summer, your not serious about a remake of the princess Bride?!? That's a classic that still holds up in my book...

Now if only we has a wheelbarrow...
                  Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Comment

^It is a classic, I agree but I'd love to see an update with some of the newer generation comedians.

Like Steve Bucsmi (sp) as Fesic. :P

Comment

Frankly, I so rarely like remakes that I don't think Disney should remake anything at all. They can't even remake their own movies properly (Parent Trap anyone?)

And I REALLY have to disagree on the Labyrinth, the Princess Bride, and the goonies. What's wrong with them now? they are fine as they are. there is no reason to remake them.

like the 'cheaper by the dozen' and 'yours, mine, and ours' remakes. both those original movies were based on actual familes! and they were sweet wonderful movies as is! there was not reason to remake them into that garbage! they were only made to apparently try to be less "dated" when they are so easily going to be dated themselves. is it going to kill as to show children a movie made before 1995?
                      My mind won't rest
                      and I don't sleep
                      Not even in my dreams...
                      -"If You Ever Did Believe"
                      written by Stevie Nicks

Chasen Matthew Pacheco
                      1985-2005

Comment

^ Well yeah, if they are going to remake them into garbage I'm all for NOT doing it.

I'm all for "good" remakes but unfortunately we won't know something would be good until they put it out there so there you go. LOL

Comment

Personally I liked the Parent Trap remake! I thought it was cute, engaging, and a great update!

I will say that I LOVE Princess Bride as is, same with Dark Crystal and Labyrinth.

But Flight of the Navigator Remake all of the way!

Also I personally am not a fan of the Cheaper by the Dozen or Yours Mine and Ours remake (no one can out do Lucille Ball)

Comment

Originally posted by sorceress1986 View Post
                            Frankly, I so rarely like remakes that I don't think Disney should remake anything at all. They can't even remake their own movies properly (Parent Trap anyone?)

And I REALLY have to disagree on the Labyrinth, the Princess Bride, and the goonies. What's wrong with them now? they are fine as they are. there is no reason to remake them.
                            I agree about most of the remakes, yes, they usually come out horrible and they don't have the same feel that you've known and loved from the originals, same goes with them creating sequels too. There were talks about a sequel for ET, but Spielberg thankfully said No way, any sequel to this movie would ruin the image of his original film. Sorta like how all of a sudden you see Cinderella 5, shoe shopping at Payless because those darnned glass slippers gave me blisters?

What was wrong with Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory? That was fine as it was, but that had a remake done, and I enjoy both for what they are. Speaking of Johnny Depp and remakes, anyone hear about his new role as the Mad Hatter for an Alice in Wonderland remake?

is it going to kill as to show children a movie made before 1995?
                            Oh no! Not another ancient dental hygene film strip!

Comment

With all these 80s movies making comebacks with sequels like Beverly Hills Cop, Ghostbusters, Witch Mountain, Tron, etc. there's still a possibility that Goonies may get it's long rumoured sequel made, not a remake.

One Disney movie I would like to see get a remake is The Black Hole.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X