Clear All

• 'Tomorrowland' THE MOVIE

Posted: Wed., Sep. 17, 2008, 9:00pm PT

Johnson takes trip to 'Tomorrowland'

Segment of Disneyland gets 'Pirates' treatment

Johnson

By Michael Fleming
    Variety

The studio has set scribes Jon Lucas and Scott Moore to draft an epic-sized action adventure set in space. The film is being designed as a vehicle for Johnson, who starred for the studio in family hit "The Game Plan" and most recently completed "Race to Witch Mountain."

The film would be produced by Mayhem Pictures partners Mark Ciardi and Gordon Gray, who produced "The Game Plan."
    Entertainment news, movie reviews, awards, festivals, celebrity photos, industry events - Variety
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Re: 'Tomorrowland' THE MOVIE

If the film is based on Tomorrowland, then what a waste to have it as a vehicle for The Rock.

Sorry, I just don't know how this guy continues to get serious acting work. It just isn't good.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

He was good in "Get Smart." He just oozes charm. I don't know if I like the idea of this movie though.

Thanks Alias!

Comment

If it was serious work he'd have Ridley Scott, David Fincher, Darren Aronofsky or even the Coens on hold.

These are popcorn pictures he's attached to and had success with, he's created this new niche for himself and he scores across all the necessary corners (men, women, teens & kids) for the studio. And he promotes like no one since our current Governer.
        "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

i never cared for him as an actor

Comment

OK, this is ridiculous.

FIRST, work on getting the land itself in order!

TWO, the rock?!? are we kidding?!?!

THREE, I tihnk if you were to do it right, you'd have to work the tomorrowland '67 angle. They already missed a great period angle with Haunted Mansion. i'm writing the REAL Haunted Mansion movie at the moment........and Zac Efron on the cover of the notebook is unrelated, I swear!
            My mind won't rest
            and I don't sleep
            Not even in my dreams...
            -"If You Ever Did Believe"
            written by Stevie Nicks

Chasen Matthew Pacheco
            1985-2005

Comment

yea i know they already blew it with the haunted mansion. they got lucky with pirates. but who knows they may strike again.
              Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Comment

I thought they did a tommorrowland movie, called Wall-E

Comment

This could be interesting! I like the Rock and I am always entertained by the movies he stars in. It's not like he's trying for some serious, hardcore acting just some good ol' fun!

I'll wait to give my opinion of the movie until I know more... or see it.
                  <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

Comment

Originally posted by Megastrophy View Post
                    I thought they did a tommorrowland movie, called Wall-E
                    +1 to you.
                    Did you know that 87% of spoken statistics are made up on the spot?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X