Clear All

FAvorites~ Emperor's New Groove, Lilo & Stitch & Sleeping Beauty
    Least Favorite~ Treasure Planet, Atlantis, Fox & the Hound

Add me to the love the llama club!!!

DEMON LLAMA

Cheese Me No Likey

NO TOUCHY :lol:

If the kids are watching that or Lilo & Stitch I can't "not" watch

Oh and my favorite Live Actions(might as well toss it in)
    Parent Trap(original)
    Old Yeller
    George of the Jungle~~~Um Brendan Fraser, running with the horse scene anyone???

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Faves... The movies from the Second Golden Age... Mermaid, Lion King, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast.

Hated: Black Cauldron, Anything 2 (Toy Story 2 was Pixar, not Disney), Hunchback

Pocahauntus was lifted just above "hated" by the couple good songs. Mulan is right down there near the bottom.

I was very disappointed by Emperor's New Groove first time I saw it. The best parts had been overshown in trailers, and the humor isn't exactly my cup of tea.... Well, not when I'm dropping $30+ for a family of 5 to go see it in the theater.... Rental for $4.... suddenly it is much better.

Atlantis also has to be right down there at the bottom.

I liked Treasure Planet, but it came out in the middle of some real stinkers so most people seemed to have overlooked it. Also, the ending was a bit weak and Morph was too annoying for words.... Sweet like trying to eat 5 lbs of sugar. But the look and feel was over the top great.

I simply didn't care enough about Brother Bear or Home on the Range to really feel much one way or the other. Like eating a rice cake... Doesn't taste bad and doesn't taste good, mostly becuase it has no taste at all and by the time those came out I wasn't really expecting much flavor anyway.

Disney Animation has certainly gone in waves.

Like the Cubs fans... Next one may be the big hit that breaks the curse and makes everything okay again. They finally got their win. I hope we don't have to wait 86 years from 1994's Lion King.

Comment

pessimism isn't very happy. Besides, those "stinkers" as you so lightly put it happen to include lilo and stitch, which is simply one of the best origional ideas Disney has ever had.
        Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
        http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!
        sigpic

Comment

I love them all!! My favorites are Alice in Wonderland, Aristocats, and Jungle Book

I never really WANTED to see Black Cauldron...and Dinosaur.

I can't say I've been thrilled with anything since Mulan (they've just took all the music out...and no, Phil Collins doesn't count in my book)...although I did LOVE Lilo and Stitch.

Comment

All time favorite: Sleeping Beauty!!

I HATE The Lion King and Snow White!
            -Erica

Comment

Originally posted by Wotan
              I detest anything they have come out with direct to video. Why don't they just admit it. They've come up with an idea they didn't want to spend any real money on, so it's just a throwaway piece of garbage they think we'll automatically snap up like cattle? I won't stand for that sort of contemptuous attitude.

I'm a huge animation fan, so just about any of the "old" movies are fine by me.

Hey, while we're on the movie subject, does anyone remember the live action Nature type films Walt used to do? Nature's Half Acre, etc? A friend of mine's father used to either direct or do cinematography for those.
              It was my understanding that Toy Story 2 was originally planned as straight-to-video, but they realized they actually had something pretty darn good.

As for me, can't say I really hate any movies (except straight-to-video garbage), but Atlantis was quite forgettable.

Comment

Originally posted by erobbspike
                I HATE The Lion King and Snow White!
                Hate the Lion King? Blasphemy!!!!

Snow White??? Come on... Yes, the story gets weak toward the end.... But it is the FIRST. It can't be judged by later standards. Compare the look and feel of that "cartoon" to all that came before it. Snow White was Renaissance art come to life....

Comment

Best: Aladdin, Emperor's New Groove, Toy Story 2
                  Worst: Aladdin: Return of Jafar, Bother Bear

Comment

Originally posted by dshimel
                    Hate the Lion King? Blasphemy!!!!

Snow White??? Come on... Yes, the story gets weak toward the end.... But it is the FIRST. It can't be judged by later standards. Compare the look and feel of that "cartoon" to all that came before it. Snow White was Renaissance art come to life....
                    My biggest problem with the Lion King was that Simba's uncle killed his father and the viewer saw his father fall off the cliff. And the songs were really annoying.

Snow White sucks because she is the biggest wimp in the Disney vault. Belle could whoop her butt anyday! I agree that the movie was ground breaking, but I cannot stand to watch it.
                    -Erica

Comment

My biggest problem with the Lion King was that Simba's uncle killed his father and the viewer saw his father fall off the cliff. And the songs were really annoying.

Snow White sucks because she is the biggest wimp in the Disney vault. Belle could whoop her butt anyday! I agree that the movie was ground breaking, but I cannot stand to watch it.
                      Why can't Disney annimated films have a little drama? Heck, even Bambi's mom died. Come to think of it, most Disney movies has some sort of real devistating plot lines...
                      Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
                      Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
                      Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
                      Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
                      Marge: Pink.
                      Homer: D'oh!
                      Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

Comment

Mulan is my favorite Disney movie. The story is what won me over, I loved that everything she did was selfless. She wanted to save her father and bring honor to her family. She believed that in doing this, she would discover who she was. I love that far more than other female characters wishing for romance.

The Little Mermaid is my least liked Disney film. I don't like how Ariel is supposedly 16 years old (still a child!), and how she is determined to have her man no matter what the cost to herself or her family. She just wanted him, period. Getting married at 16 is no fairy tale, that's for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by Cuzco-topia
                          Why can't Disney annimated films have a little drama? Heck, even Bambi's mom died. Come to think of it, most Disney movies has some sort of real devistating plot lines...
                          And that's why I don't like Bambi either. I don't watch Disney movies for drama.
                          -Erica

Comment

Faves: Emperor's New Groove, Sleeping Beauty, Lilo & Stitch, The Adventures of the Great Mouse Detective, Robin Hood, Ichabod & Mr. Toad, Treasure Planet (ok, I'm a sucker for piratey movies), Atlantis, Rescuers Down Under, Dinosaur -- yeah, I do like a lot of movies that most don't.

Least: The Rescuers, Black Cauldron, Fox & the Hound, Aristocats, and I don't consider most direct-to-video projects (including the theatricals) to be movies. Ok, so it's pretty much that the 70s and 80s were lacking on anything watchable with Robin Hood and The Great Mouse Detective being the exceptions.
                            -Tim

Comment

Favorites:

Sleeping Beauty
                              Alice in Wonderland
                              Peter Pan
                              Snow White
                              Cinderella
                              Pinocchio
                              Three Caballeros
                              Song of the South
                              Dumbo
                              Bambi
                              Lady and the Tramp
                              One Hundred and One Dalmatians
                              Ichabod and Mr. Toad
                              Melody Time
                              Aladdin
                              Little Mermaid
                              Beauty and the Beast
                              Fantasia
                              Jungle Book

Least Favorites:

Atlantis
                              Pocahontas
                              Emperor's New Groove
                              Hunchback
                              Black Cauldron
                              Brother Bear
                              Oliver and Co.
                              (didn't see Home on the Range)

(didn't include Pixar, aquisitions or TV Animation projects)

Comment

And that's why I don't like Bambi either. I don't watch Disney movies for drama.
                                But you mentioned you like Sleeping Beauty. My gosh, Melifiscint of pure evil, summoned, "all the powers of hell", turned into a nasty dragon all while attmepting to destroy one man on horse. That's not dramatic?
                                Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
                                Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
                                Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
                                Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
                                Marge: Pink.
                                Homer: D'oh!
                                Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

Comment

Last edited by Pirate Wench; 04-26-2005, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Why did they make these? (Since this one is easier): Any movie that ends in 2 (with the exception of Toy Story 2), Home on the Range, Black Cauldron, Pocahantas

Middle of the road: Treasure Planet, Brother Bear, Rescuers Down Under, Atlantis, Oliver and Company, Great Mouse Detective, Sword in the Stone, Saludos Amigos, Fun and Fancy Free, Melody Time, Make Mine Music

Better than Average: Snow White, Bambi, Three Cabelleros, Lady and the Tramp, Sleeping Beauty, 101 Dalmations, Jungle Book, Aristocats, Robin Hood, Pooh, Rescuers, Hunchback, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan

Best of the Best: Lilo and Stitch, Emporers New Groove, Fantasia and Fantasia 2000, Lion King, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid, The Fox and the Hound, Peter Pan, Alice in Wonderland, Cinderella, Ichabod and Mr. Toad, Bambi, Dumbo, Pinnochio, and all of the Pixar movies.

Comment

Most Disney movies have had characters fall to their deaths... :botox:

As for wimpish Disney Princesses... well... what's so special about ANY of them? I think the best may be Cinderella, but honestly, Belle just had a big mouth...

:lol: Ok, I think you may be in the wrong forum! Just about EVERY Disney film has significant drama, it's what connects you to central characters. That's why many of the newer films aren't succesful, you never really care about the characters... So I guess you don't watch very many Disney films eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Soulquarian
                                        Most Disney movies have had characters fall to their deaths... :botox:
                                        Hmmm...

Snow White (witch falls off cliff)
                                        Beauty and the Beast (Gaston falls off cliff)
                                        Rescuers Down Under (George C Scott falls down a waterfall)
                                        Lion King (Mufasa - a fall and then trampled)
                                        Sleeping Beauty (Dragon - a stab and then a fall)
                                        Fox and the Hound (didn't the bear fall? I forget.)
                                        Toy Story 2 (Zurg falls but doesn't die)
                                        Great Mouse Detective (Ratigan fall from Big Ben)
                                        Hunchback (Frollo falls from church)
                                        Tarzan (Clayton falls and then gets hanged)

That's all I can think of...

Soulquarian has a point...

Comment

I haven't seen them all...I liked lion king and little mermaid....nemo was just ok ( I feel it was targeted for toddlers and not the whole family like other movies.)...

least favorite...I didn't like monsters inc very much...or toy story...well I guess they were Ok...like memo

ok least favorite....???.....probably snow white, but only because the animation is not the best and snow whites voice is migrain inducing....I liked sleeping beauty, but when she sings it's really annoying....(yeah I know I'm in the minority again....LOL)

I ahve not seen...the black cauldrin, brother bear, pocahontis, home on the range, teasure planet or the incredibles...there's probably more i have not seen...LOL

oh...and I have not seen any direct to dvd movies...

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X