Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miley, 'HSM3' & 'Wall-E' to dominate music at Oscars?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miley, 'HSM3' & 'Wall-E' to dominate music at Oscars?

Miley Cyrus, Oscar Winner?
    (Yes! Scream! It's possbile!)

The idea that Miley Cyrus could soon reign in the Oscar pantheon beside Katharine Hepburn, Barbra Streisand and Oscar Hammerstein IIJohn Travolta, but she shares writing credit with Jeffrey Steele
    Miley Cyrus, Oscar winner? (Yes! Scream! It's possible!) | Gold Derby | Los Angeles Times
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Re: Miley, 'HSM3' & 'Wall-E' to dominate music at Oscars?

For all the bad rants Miley Cyrus gets on MiceChat, you have to admit she has talent. I think this girl will be here for the long haul. I wish her luck.

Comment

I didn't care for the songs in Bolt or Wall-E. Score might be nominated for Wall-e, But not the songs. can't comment on HM3, haven't seen it.
      Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
      An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
      Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
      Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

I hope "Down to Earth" will win, and I think there is a good chance it will.

If any song from HSM3 does I'm gonna spit. Now how many times I've had to listen to "I Want it All" at work I still thinks it's awful.
        I like The Happiest Millionaire. What's wrong with that?

Comment

The Miley/Travolta song is decent, but HSM3? OSCAR?

I'll believe it when I see it.

Comment

I'll have to respectfully disagree with Aladdin; I LOVED "Down to Earth" and thought it fit the rest of the score perfectly. It probably won't win since it's an end credits song, but I think the end credit sequence of Wall-E as a whole deserves some recognition of some sort - it's genious (at least for art nerds like my friends and I)
            "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

Comment

I had actually mulled over the possibility of HSM3 at the Oscars myself, but also sort of wrote it off. Will it get in? Maybe. The songs are original and catchy and take place in the story. Should they beat Peter Gabriel? Not in my opinion, even though I love them all. Well, we'll just have to keep our fingers crossed for our favorites and wait and see, now won't we?
              sigpic
              Remember, Dreams come true!... and mermaids are hot, even on Halloween.

Comment

Down to Earth deserves it, even though it was in the end credits that part of the credits still added to the story.
                Everybody's got a laughin' place-
                trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

Comment

If Disney wins one award from the Oscars this year (thats not from Wall-E) then there judgment in movies is worst than a child's. 30 years ago Stars Wars and did not win best picture and now HSM3 could win a award.....that is just f...ed up to movie lovers.
                  Last edited by JerrodDRagon; 11-21-2008, 06:50 AM.
                  Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
                    30 years ago Stars Wars won nothing and now HSM3 could win a award.....that is just f...ed up to movie lovers.
                    Movie lovers know that 'Star Wars' won 7 Academy Awards out of the 11 categories it was nominated in. Best Song was not one of them though.
                    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

^sorry I ment to say best picture and best director, since we all know those are the real awards movies go for. I'm just saying HSM and Miley are should not even be spoken about at these awards. Yes Both HSM and Miley are huge hits but kids and tweens but should not even get considered for awards.
                      Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

All Academy Awards are real awards as winning even one can add additional revenue at the boxoffice and sunsequent home video releases, rentals and cable & broadcast sales.

I'd take any song from 'Bolt' or 'HSM3' to be added to the AMPAS history books over an Oscar winner like "It's Hard Out Here For A Pimp" anyday.

Comment

I'm rooting for Down to Earth. Despite it being a great song, I'm a HUGE Peter Gabriel fan.

Comment

^That would be great. Or BBBBBBRRRRRRUUUUUCCCCCEEEEE could win again!!!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X