Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

20th Anniversary Engagement of "Oliver & Company" at the El Capitan now through 1/22

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20th Anniversary Engagement of "Oliver & Company" at the El Capitan now through 1/22

The El Capitan in Hollywood is running a special 20th Anniversary engagement of Walt Disney’s “OLIVER & COMPANY,” which has been digitally restored with enhanced picture and sound, from now through January 22nd. Accompanying the film at all showings throughout the engagement will be the classic Disney short “Mickey and the Seal” and a live appearance by Mickey Mouse himself!

Plus, on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, El Capitan guests may also enjoy Breakfast with MICKEY & MINNIE at the Disney’s Soda Fountain & Studio Store, and then see the 10am movie!

I'm going to try to see this while I can. I love it when the El Cap displays these classic old animated features. For those of us living in So Cal, this is a great opportunity to see these films on the big screen! And I LOVE the Soda Fountain.

While this isn't one of the better remembered Disney animated films, it is a good one, and well worth the trip to the historic El Cap (One of the most beautiful theaters remaining in LA).

Has anyone seen this one yet during the short run at the El Cap?

-Dusty
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Re: 20th Anniversary Engagement of "Oliver & Company" at the El Capitan now through 1

Oh! I wish I lived in California still! This is one of my favorite movies... Have fun going! Totally jealous.

Comment

Re: 20th Anniversary Engagement of "Oliver & Company" at the El Capitan now through 1

I have fond memories of this flick too, and I used to play the soundtrack on CD a lot. But while I've seen many flicks at the El Cap, I've never eaten at the Soda Fountain. I don't think I'll have a chance to see O&Co there, but thanks to planting the idea that I really need to plan on a meal-and-a-movie visit sometime soon there.

Comment

Personally, I don't think that the movie deserves it.
        WDW - 1987 & 1991
        DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
        DLR - October 2011

Comment

I wish wish I wish!!1
          Good morning, son
          In twenty years from now
          Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
          And I can tell you 'bout today
          And how I picked you up and everything changed
          It was pain
          Sunny days and rain
          I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gone2Disneyland View Post
            I really need to plan on a meal-and-a-movie visit sometime soon there.

Here is their schedule for the first half of the year:

El Capitan Theatre: Coming Attractions 2009
            http://micechat.com/forums/news/1085...ns-2009-a.html
            "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Originally posted by ALIASd View Post
              Here is their schedule for the first half of the year:

El Capitan Theatre: Coming Attractions 2009
              http://micechat.com/forums/news/1085...ns-2009-a.html
              Thanks!

Comment

This means the movie will probably be out on DVD soon.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeland View Post
                  This means the movie will probably be out on DVD soon.
                  February 3

It's another one of Disney's belated or early anniversary editions that in reality will be the same if not worse than the old DVD. (a decent single disc special edition) so there is nothing to really get excited about. The Black Cauldron special edition on the other hand...
                  I like The Happiest Millionaire. What's wrong with that?

Comment

nathan detroit Wrote:

Personally, I don't think that the movie deserves it.
                    Not a Billy Joel fan huh.
                    "You are watching FOX"

Comment

I got the mailed card from the El Capitan, and thought...eh...not a big fan of the movie. But maybe I should see it again. After a peppermint sundae at the soda fountain. yeah, that's it.

mmmmmmmmmmPeppermint ice cream. I love the soda fountain!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Angie_Duke View Post
                        February 3

It's another one of Disney's belated or early anniversary editions that in reality will be the same if not worse than the old DVD. (a decent single disc special edition) so there is nothing to really get excited about. The Black Cauldron special edition on the other hand...
                        From what I've been reading online, the animated movies being released on DVD this year include:
                        Pinocchio (Platinum Edition)
                        Oliver and Company
                        Lilo and Stitch (2-disc set)
                        The Black Cauldron
                        Hercules (rumoured)
                        Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (Platinum Edition)
                        and of course...
                        Bolt.
                        So, some of those others may show up at the El Cap as well.

I'm looking forward on double-dipping on Black Cauldron, that is, if it gets a good restoration. The Gold Collection edition DVD is pretty bad.

Comment

aw man! i forgot about this

O&C was the first movie i saw in theatres and i'm missing this :crybye:
                          PSN: ItsTheRocketeer
                          Nintendo Network: ItsTheRocketeer
                          3DS: 3050-7580-4526

Comment

Wow has it really been 20 years?

I don't even have this one on DVD, so I might have to pick up a copy when its released.

Comment

That would explain why the Disney Store got new plush in for Oliver and Co, (Dodger, Oliver, Georgette and Tito) I asked the CM if the movie was being re-released and she knew nothing about it or why they got it in. (typical response) Can't wait till it comes out, I loved that movie, even if it isn't one of Disney's best. Wish I could see it at the El Capitan!
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwwdFhJWDK0

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X