This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andrew Stanton's 'John Carter of Mars'

I had the great pleasure of speaking with Andrew Stanton last night at the AMPAS 1st-ever symposium spotlighting the three animated feature films vying for an Oscar this year. See
    http://micechat.com/forums/news/1111...um-2-19-a.html

He confirmed to me that he is indeed "two years into it" and really "loving and struggling through the process of wrestling a script into place." He also told me it would be a "huge 'Lord of the Rings' scale film."

'John Carter of Mars' - 9/27/08
    http://micechat.com/forums/news/1048...rter-mars.html
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Re: Andrew Stanton's 'John Carter of Mars'

I'm curious to see it. I'm wondering about the costumes. Those harnesses sounded a bit skimpy.
    I want my cake back!
    sigpic

Comment

BD: How did WALL•E prepare you for the live-action John Carter of Mars?

Andrew Stanton: Not as much as I had wanted it to. [laughs]. It's certainly made me very comfortable with working with very realized CG characters because half my cast are all CG. I got to dabble a little bit in live-action on WALL•E so that gave me a tiny taste of what I'm getting into for the live-action. But the biggest thing it did is it made me understand really what it's going to take to realize an entire world that's made up from fantasy.
      Animation World Magazine
      "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Andrew Stanton

What's next for Oscar winners - The Envelope - LA Times

Comment

The Martian AgentBarsoom
          Not

Comment

"Wolverine"'s Taylor Kitsch and Lynn Collins have been announced as the leads in Andrew Stanton's big-screen adaptation of "John Carter of Mars". Stanton's first live-action feature follows his two Academy Award-winning efforts "Finding Nemo" and last year's "Wall-e." Filming begins in early 2010.

full article at:
            http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryid=13&cs=1

Comment

It's nice that this project is FINALLY seeing the light of day.

Comment

Thomas Haden Church discusses 'John Carter of Mars':

Full Thomas Haden Church Interview > Videos > ReelTalk TV|

Comment

The Salt Lake Tribune reports that 'John Carter of Mars' will be in production in Utah from November through July 2010. Disney has filmed a number of projects in the state such as the 'High School Musical' series, drawn there by the state's film incentive program. 'Star Trek' also benefited from the program.

full story at:
                  Utah will be stage for Mars in new Disney Pixar film - Salt Lake Tribune

Comment

Gettin' serious about costumes!
                    Andrew Stanton 6/26
                    https://twitter.com/6Mman

Comment

What a thrill to overhear names like "Dejah" and "Tars" being mentioned with complete seriousness by the production staff.

7/13 Andrew Stanton

Comment

From Green Goblin to green Martian - Willem Dafoe is Tars Tarkas!

Willem Dafoe orbits 'Mars'

Actor to star in Disney fantasy pic

Willem Dafoe orbits 'Mars' - Entertainment News, Film News, Media - Variety

Comment

Andrew Stanton on pre-production:

8/17

Scouting Mars. Very exciting.
                          8/18

My first time riding in a helicopter today. A most unusual feeling. Word of advice: have your DP tell his copter horror stories AFTER u fly.

Comment

Threesome on journey to 'Mars'
                            Samantha Morton, Dominic West and Polly Walker join Disney pic

Threesome on journey to 'Mars'

Comment

Latest dispatch from Andrew Stanton on pre-production scouting expedition:

Landed safely from Mars. Surveyed nearly all of the planet with 95% success! Dying to see the family...and sleeeeeep.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X