X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watchmen The Movie...Your Thoughts!!!

Never Compromise ~ Rorschach

This movie was just...nothing it had no point to it. I did not get any of the messages that were pro traded in the book at ALL. The acting was meh..at best nothing special.Dont get me started on the music choose. The director Zack Snyder just needs to stop making movies. In all you gain nothing and lose everything when you watch Watchmen. This was just a abrigged verson of an amazing comic and did everything wrong. The web comics worked great and felt well done but the movie felt....like a rushed, sell out, with a horrable new ending and boring talked whiched seem to man nothing and go no where. In the end it is simply a picture of Emptly Maningless Blackness.
    Happy Halloween!!!

Re: Watchmen The Movie...Sucked!!!

Yeah, it wasn't very good. I was also sort of disappointed.

But it wasn't all bad, the movie came with a completely unexpected BRAND NEW "Up" trailer!

Comment

I disagree. I loved it. Watched it at midnight, totally ate up the eye candy, and was entertained and agreeable with the cuts to the story. And the 2:40 running time didn't bother me at all; I thought it flowed really well for all the story elements it tried to include. Also, two of my four friends aren't comic book readers at all, and they were blown away by the story. Surely, this film isn't for everyone, but it won over at least us four movie-goers last night, and a lot of the rest of last night's audience who applauded at the end credits (which were the shortest end credits we've seen in a recent film in a long time!).

Comment

I agree. There's alot in that book to try to convey and it wasn't written for everyone.

in fact, alot of people in my theatre went in there thinking it was a normal superhero movie. I had a grin ear-to-ear the entire time and applauded at the end while almost everyone else was scratching theeir heads.

I went in there expecting a restructured version of Alan Moore's book. It's like when they reinvent Batman or the X-Men or whatever. This is Zack Snyder's Watchmen.

Was he fully up to the task of bringing it to life? I don't think so. I think he's still got alot of growing to do as a director. But his passion for this project, I don't think could have been matched by anyone else.

Originally posted by Gone2Disneyland View Post
        I disagree. I loved it. Watched it at midnight, totally ate up the eye candy, and was entertained and agreeable with the cuts to the story. And the 2:40 running time didn't bother me at all; I thought it flowed really well for all the story elements it tried to include. Also, two of my four friends aren't comic book readers at all, and they were blown away by the story. Surely, this film isn't for everyone, but it won over at least us four movie-goers last night, and a lot of the rest of last night's audience who applauded at the end credits (which were the shortest end credits we've seen in a recent film in a long time!).
        PSN: ItsTheRocketeer
        Nintendo Network: ItsTheRocketeer
        3DS: 3050-7580-4526

Comment

Re: Watchmen The Movie...Your Thoughts!!!

I thought it was good. My only complaint was that it was a tad long and it wasnt one of those where the movie doesnt feel long because there are parts where it drags
          Out of the NIGHT....
          When the full moon is BRIGHT!!
          Comes a horseman known as ZORRO!!!
          ---------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Gone2Disneyland View Post
            Thats what I mean ur friends didn't care for the story because it was not the REAL Watchmen story...it was rushed, abridged, and you had no ties to the characters...and the talks went NO WHERE. It was like 300, stupid and point less and I gained nothing out of seeing it.
            Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Honor_Bound and myself are headed to the theater tonight to watch this movie. I have a lot of reservations about seeing it as the reviews seem to be pretty split across the board. Those that like it really loved it and those that didn't like it really hated it. I have never read the novel or any of the comics that went with it and neither has my fiance. I can't tell if that is a good thing or not yet. I guess we will see.

Comment

Watchmen was okay it has it's good moments and some bad moments. The only major thing that I have against the film is that it was way too long. The acting was new nothing new. I really thought 300 was better.
                "You are watching FOX"

Comment

Well I just got home from the movie and absolutely loved it. I did think that the movie was really long however there was so much to fit in it was slightly necessary. Several of the reviews that I read complained about excessive nudity. I am still trying to figure out where there was excessive nudity. If anything I felt that there was in consistent nudity. John was wearing under wear one minute and the next he wasn't. Pick one. Either he is naked through majority of the movie or he isn't. Overall I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. Mainly because it was not your average action movie. There was thought, depth, and humanity in this movie. Most action movies are just beat 'em up, blow 'em up, and wrap it up. There was just so much more to this movie than that.

Comment

Saw it today.A big fan of the novel, I loved the movie. I actually like the new ending better. The novel ending is good, but it would fall completely flat on screen. People would have laughed. I went in knowing there's no way they could fit in everything from the book, and I was right. But they got the important parts, and when it comes out on video it will be released in a much longer cut. I would highly recommend the movie.

Click the banner! ^^^^
                    Follow us on Twitter
                    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
                    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Comment

Originally posted by Snow_White_Raven View Post
                      Well I just got home from the movie and absolutely loved it. I did think that the movie was really long however there was so much to fit in it was slightly necessary. Several of the reviews that I read complained about excessive nudity. I am still trying to figure out where there was excessive nudity. If anything I felt that there was in consistent nudity. John was wearing under wear one minute and the next he wasn't. Pick one. Either he is naked through majority of the movie or he isn't. Overall I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. Mainly because it was not your average action movie. There was thought, depth, and humanity in this movie. Most action movies are just beat 'em up, blow 'em up, and wrap it up. There was just so much more to this movie than that.

Dr. Manhattan wearing briefs are for scenes where non Watchmen are present. For the group photo for example. You can't just be nekkid for that or at war, etc.

My review of this movie was that it was great and mediocre at the same time. There was sex in the graphic novel, but it wasn't excessive. I felt that it got there with this movie, especially inside "Archimedes". I love a good raunchy scene just like the next guy but it just added to the mega long running time and doesn't add to the overall story.

The great: the movie looked amazing. A literal visual translation of the comic. Cast and costumes were 95% exact. I think casting of Ozy was a bit off (too scrawny) and as hot as Silk Spectre is, I just keep thinking of Freakshow's wife in Harold & Kumar and also The Heartbreak Kid. Oh, and guess what.. she's nekkid in those movies too. I think I know why she was hired... because it wasn't for her acting. It was so-so.

I'm actually really okay with the changes to the ending.

The mediocre: Length. Look, i know there's a lot to the graphic novel but half of it was cut and a lot of it could have been trimmed a tad even more. Sometimes when you try too hard to be close to the comic book, you lose sight of dramatic timing and pacing. You don't actually feel a threat of any kind throughout the movie. You just watch stuff happen. I guess what I'm trying to say is... I'm not invested in any of them.

Rorschach and Dr. Manhattan are the strongest aspects of the movie. And the Comedian too.

the horrible: Music. The songs they chose, I love them individually. But in this movie, it changes the mood or meaning of a scene completely. When reading the graphic novel, there is no music but what I imagined most certainly was not what they went with.

*** 1/2 out of *****

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                      http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Well put me in the "I loved it" catagory. I've not read the novel yet, but am really anticipating it even more now. People going in expecting to see an Ironman type comic book movie are going to be sorely disappointed, but those who "get" the differences will appreciate the movie.

I too feltwith such a long running time that they dragged out the archie sex scene too long, but overall I loved the movie and would even plunk out the cash to see it a second time.
                        Will there be screams when the sun sets,
                        -=Is It October Yet?=-

Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
                        elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
                        Originally posted by pratt55
                        Elly is adorkable.

Comment

i liked it alot myself, i have the graphic novel but had only read the first part of it, and then i was waiting for the movie to come out first, and then read the rest of the story, which i started last nite. i also bought the motion comic movie of it, which comes with a ticket for up to $7.50 off the movie. i do plan on seeing it again soon since my friend wants me to take her and her son to see it, which will probably be next weekend.

anyways i may feel differently after i've finished the graphic novel, but right now i liked Watchmen a lot, from the storyline to the visuals. i can't wait to see the extended cut of it.
                          "Yep, I've said it before and I'll say it again. Life moves pretty fast and if you don't stop to take a look around once in a while you could miss it."

Lucas

Comment

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
                            Dr. Manhattan wearing briefs are for scenes where non Watchmen are present. For the group photo for example. You can't just be nekkid for that or at war, etc.
                            I think it had something to do with his waning sense of humanity. If you also notice in the book, during the 50's (right after the accident took place) he wore a full black bodysuit, by the 60's and Vietnam, he was down to the thong and by the 80's and at his furthest from feeling human, he was completely naked.

he just simply stopped caring
                            PSN: ItsTheRocketeer
                            Nintendo Network: ItsTheRocketeer
                            3DS: 3050-7580-4526

Comment

Originally posted by Browncoat View Post
                              I think it had something to do with his waning sense of humanity. If you also notice in the book, during the 50's (right after the accident took place) he wore a full black bodysuit, by the 60's and Vietnam, he was down to the thong and by the 80's and at his furthest from feeling human, he was completely naked.

he just simply stopped caring
                              Ok that makes sense and would probably be something I would have understood more had I actually read the graphic novel.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X