• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soulquarian
    MiceChatter
    • Jan 2005

Disney Makes CGI Prequel to Peter Pan

RT-News writes: "Disney will make a CGI prequel to the Peter Pan story, Variety reports. "Peter and the Starcatchers," a bestselling children's book by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson, tells the story of Peter leading an effort to recover a truck of magic "starstuff" before a pirate gets his hands on it."
    I don't know about this one! :confused:

Disney will also be making sequels to Monsters Inc., Toy Story, and The Incredibles...

I feel even WORSE about that!
  • Club 33
    Know More Than You Should
    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Soulquarian
    I don't know about this one! :confused:

Disney will also be making sequels to Monsters Inc., Toy Story, and The Incredibles...

I feel even WORSE about that!
    I think Disney is less inclined to make sequels because is the Movie is successful they have to fire that person. Instead they'd rather ruin franchises they already own.

Comment

• Socapex
      Banned User
      • Jan 2005

That's just horrid. Disney has not made a decent animated film without Pixar since Lio & Stitch. And that wasn't even all that great. No they will continue to thrive off the success of Pixar's films using their crappy animation studio. That's just horrible. I do not trust Disney's 3D animation. Dionasoaur was hidious, and this chicken movie looks less then aplealing. I say it's just time to hang it up and focus on their liove action market.

Comment

• The Mad Hatter
        • Jan 2005

This is just dumb.

Comment

• IndyJn511
          Rawr...
          • Jan 2005

STOP! Just stop! Come up with some new ideas, ideas of your own. Bring the musiic back, and for god's sake, bring the anamation back. That CGI crap they have sucks.
          Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
          http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!
          sigpic

Comment

• Emelius_Browne
            Doing it with a flair
            • Feb 2005

Sad. Just sad.
            Eglantine, Eglantine, oh how you shine!
            I don't believe in giving animals ridiculous names. I call him Cosmic Creepers...
            ...and if you've got no other choice, you know you can follow my voice...

Comment

• Disneyphile
              • Jan 2005

Nooooooooo!!!!
              [email protected]

Comment

• jsmith157
                Differently clued
                • Jan 2005

Has anybody read the book that it's based on? It's not even from the orginal author. It's written by Dave Berry who I think is only half as funny as he believes he is. I'd heard about it before, but I didn't know it was going to be CG, even though I should have. Now that I know, I need to find a place to cry.
                "Do it for me then. Your gaming buddies are going to be there too. It will be good for you kids to go out and blow the stink off yourselves for one night."

"Fine. For you. And for the eradication of stink."

Comment

• IndyJn511
                  Rawr...
                  • Jan 2005

Tell me when you find that place. I'd like to use it when youre through.
                  Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
                  http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!
                  sigpic

Comment

• Cuzco-topia
                    /sigh
                    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by IndyJn511
                    STOP! Just stop! Come up with some new ideas, ideas of your own. Bring the musiic back, and for god's sake, bring the anamation back. That CGI crap they have sucks.
                    Yes, Please!!! For the love of all that's good and right!
                    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
                    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
                    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
                    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
                    Marge: Pink.
                    Homer: D'oh!
                    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

Comment

• xfkirsten
                      I Hug My Tapirs
                      • Jan 2005

I'm gonna have to go against the tide of opinion here. I haven't read the book off which they're basing it, but IMHO just because it's a sequel or a prequel or whatever doesn't necessarily make it bad. What will determine my opinion on it is how they go about it. I think it's an interesting concept, and I'll be interested to see how it pans out! (pun intended)
                      "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

Comment

• figment1986
                        Banned User
                        • Jan 2005

*gets out guns*

remembers this is done on computers...

*gets out buddies laptop and writes new code for new "eisner" bugg.....*

Now what did they say about these "sequels" and "prequel" they dont exist right.... *keeps hand near launch button..*

Comment

• Evil Minion
                          wasting time
                          • Jan 2005

"Back in the '30s The Three Little Pigs was an enormous hit, and the cry went up - 'Give us more pigs!' I could not see how we could possibly top pigs with pigs. But we tried, and I doubt whether any one of you reading this can name the other cartoons in which the pigs appeared."

--- Walt Disney

Comment

• Cousin Orville
                            Boss Angeles, CA
                            • Jan 2005

They are calling it "Return to Neverland Ranch" :devil:
                            "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Comment

• Mousekiteer
                              A Little Rabid
                              • Jan 2005

Oh, jeeze, did it have to be CG though? I would've been fairly fine with the concept but CG? Ugh. Look how Mickey's Twice Upon A Christmas turned out! So, you're telling me we're gonna see the poor quality of cheap animation in theaters while using an un-necessary prequel?
                              Give me a break, Eisner.
                              I lurk.

Comment

• xfkirsten
                                I Hug My Tapirs
                                • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Mousekiteer
                                Oh, jeeze, did it have to be CG though? I would've been fairly fine with the concept but CG? Ugh. Look how Mickey's Twice Upon A Christmas turned out! So, you're telling me we're gonna see the poor quality of cheap animation in theaters while using an un-necessary prequel?
                                Give me a break, Eisner.
                                I'm just curious why everyone automatically says it's gonna look awful. Yes, they have done some bad stuff in the past. And maybe I'm just overly optimistic, but doesn't it really seem like jumping the gun to say they're gonna do a bad job before they even start? I mean, for all we know, they could be making changes in the way they animate something CG and this one will look better. It just seems to me like we should actually wait and see what it actually looks like before we start calling it poor quality.
                                "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

Comment

• Soulquarian
                                  MiceChatter
                                  • Jan 2005

I liked Mickey's Twice Upon A Christmas! I don't think that this pre-quel ties in with the Disney-ish version of Peter Pan, but rather just a pre-quel to the novel version. I think it could be cool, computer animation is making a lot of progress, I liked The Polar Express a lot. I really think it's all up to the story though. A good story is good regardless of the medium it's told through!

Comment

• imagineer boy
                                    • Jan 2005

Seems ironic that it would be CG. You meet peter pan as a CG character in the prequal, but he and his friends just suddenly magicly turn into regularly animated characters in the sequals. Disney, please don't do this.
                                    Hail Matt Ouimet, the savior of Disneyland!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                    Working...
                                    X