X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Princess movie already being complained about

Read this on AOL.com
    Disney's First Black Princess...Has a Prince Who's Not Black - Black Voices Blogs

the movies not out for another 7-8 months and people are now complaining.

(cant get this posted in news due to some restriction)
    My Art site
    http://mediafan658.deviantart.com/

Re: New Princess movie already being complained about

There's no reason for complaints. They should just know that love actually can transcend the color of someone's skin.

I see nothing wrong with a black princess loving a white prince.

Comment

Love is love, folks. Race shouldn't matter.

Comment

If we truely are moving past racial steriotypes and barriers, the regally mixed royal couple should be aplauded as a tryumph for Disney animation and for our culture as well. The critics that complain of a black man not being good enough to be Princess Tiana's prince charming should consider the other side of the issue. There could be white people that are appauled that "a white princess is not 'good enough' for a white prince. This attitude is so shallow and paranoid ..if not downright inappropriately, dispicably hateful.

Disney is a patriot for risking an investent in a movie project that once again shows that love tryumphs over all else.
        To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

Wow, society really needs to get over this race thing. Sad.

Comment

yeah as long as they gave me a good performance i dont care what their color is..
            just do what you think...

Comment

...And yet, if she were to be paired with a Prince of matching skin tone, they would be complaining that "What, just because she's black, she can't be with a white Prince?" Honestly, I think it's more interesting to pair mixed origins than to go match matchy as though people should only stick to "their kind."

Ugh. People seriously need to get over themselves. Seriously.

Comment

look at the design....he could be any race, but that does not matter. All I know is that I have faith in Disney and the revival or traditional 2D animation

Comment

This is pathetic. There's no winning with society these days.

sigpic

Comment

Oh my goodness what a pathetic excuse to critique a soon to come out movie. I am African-American and I feel no offence coming from Disney at ALL in this movie. Interracial relationships are a part of life. Wow, these people need to get over themselves.

Comment

Black Princess / Green Frog - They should be more upset about bestiality, but then again, Disney had another movie about some female and a beast, and the academy nominated it for best picture. Maybe they should blame the academy, rather than disney.

They got a comment from another celebrity:

Interviewer: what do you think about this controversy?

Kermit: It's not easy being green.
                      Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                      An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                      Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                      Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

this is so wrong... can't see any reason for complaints!
                        thanE

Comment

Well, I check out the link, and was surprised that it's the black community bringing up the issue. I gave it some thought, and though I disagree with the argument, I can understand why they would be (at least) concerned. For years people of color have complained when one of their own would marry outside their ethinc or cultural background.

Unfortunately, racism swing both ways.

I'm more concerned that the film, doesn't try so hard to be politically correct, or bend over backwards to appease every complaining political group, that it ruins the film. That would be the worst part of all. To bring out a new 2D animated film, that sucks that no one goes to see. People would blame two things (wrongly) 1. I guess people don't want to see hand drawn films, and 2. Well perhaps an ethic Disney lead can't carry a picture.

Disney better make sure that this film surpasses The Little Mermaid, or Beauty and the Beast (both films about mixed relations) in story telling and animation.

Comment

Some people aren't happy unless they have something to b*tch about.

Comment

Originally posted by Ride Warrior View Post
                              If we truely are moving past racial steriotypes and barriers, the regally mixed royal couple should be aplauded as a tryumph for Disney animation and for our culture as well. The critics that complain of a black man not being good enough to be Princess Tiana's prince charming should consider the other side of the issue. There could be white people that are appauled that "a white princess is not 'good enough' for a white prince. This attitude is so shallow and paranoid ..if not downright inappropriately, dispicably hateful.

Disney is a patriot for risking an investent in a movie project that once again shows that love tryumphs over all else.

Very well said,

I think that sometimes people forget that racism falls both ways and it wont stop unless all sides stop bringing it up constantly.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X