Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I saw a Screening of Princess & the Frog! John Lasseter sighting! No major spoilers.

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I saw a Screening of Princess & the Frog! John Lasseter sighting! No major spoilers.

Re: I saw a Screening of Princess & the Frog! John Lasseter sighting! No major spoile

Thanks for the non-spoiler review (I did skip the one paragraph when you flagged it at the beginning). And I - AM - SO - JEALOUS because The Bridge is where I go to watch movies! As a matter of fact, I'm going there tomorrow to watch Star Trek in IMAX. So close but no cigar.

Comment

Re: I saw a Screening of Princess & the Frog! John Lasseter sighting! No major spoile

Wonderful job! Truly looking forward to seeing it. I bet the directors Clements and Musker were in the hosue as well as JL.

The Bridge is an excellent moviegoing experience. The complex was once the site of the temporary IMAX theatre where Disney presented 'Fantasia 2000' during its run prior to the theatre's permenent IMAX's completion.

Thanks again!
      "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Thanks for that insight into the future!

I am a little disappointed in the 'references'. Surely this has already been done (and well) by Shrek and Enchanted? Does every animated fairy tale now need to be self-referencial?

Spoiler comment..... (Skip you fools!).....

Shag? He's the guy who did those wonderful Pink Panther designs a few years ago I think. I like his style but it is better suited to a United Artists cartoon from the 1950s than a Disney feature surely?
        WDW - 1987 & 1991
        DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
        DLR - October 2011

Comment

Thanks for the great review! I've been really looking forward to more info on this movie.

I love Shag, but I'm not a fan of Kinkade. It should be interesting to see the mix of the two styles.
          <o>

Comment

Re: I saw a Screening of Princess &amp; the Frog! John Lasseter sighting! No major spoile

TY for sharing!!
            Good morning, son
            In twenty years from now
            Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
            And I can tell you 'bout today
            And how I picked you up and everything changed
            It was pain
            Sunny days and rain
            I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Re: I saw a Screening of Princess &amp; the Frog! John Lasseter sighting! No major spoile

Glad you liked it and glad to hear that it wasn't a dud.

I think I spotted John Lasseter here in Kelowna a few months back. You're probably wondering what John would be doing here in Kelowna and where the heck is Kelowna. Well, Club Penguin has their head office here. I was going into the neighboring building to drop off a resume and a guy came out of the other building where CP is located. I swear, the guy looked just like John. I should've gone over and said hi.

Comment

I just have to know... How is Tiana a princess? Is she a princess of Mardi Gras, or royal blood? I'm just really curious as to her royal status. You can PM me if you feel it's too spoilertastic.

Comment

great share... thanks...
                  thanE

Comment

THANKS for the "preview"!!!!!

As for the film overall, personally I really enjoyed it. It has some “classic” storytelling elements that I think are going to freak a few people out, but I thought it was well done and way overdue. The only thing I wasn’t happy about were the songs. Don’t interpret that as I didn’t like the film. I am just not a big fan of Randy Newman. I would rather have had Alan Menken, but that’s just me. Don’t let that stop you from seeing a great film.
                    Crap! I'm not a fan of Randy Newman's music, either. And I just made a similar comment about Alan Menken, wishing he would have been the one to do the music for this movie. I would have LOVED to hear how he would incorporate New Orlean Jazz music into a classic Disney fairy tale. It's one of the few types of music that he hasn't done, yet. Instead, we get Randy Newman's plunky toy piano music, bleah . Sorry to hear that my main concern about this movie is being confirmed.
                    Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                    An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                    Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                    Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

I was there, too, and I'm working on notes, but I wanted to say I saw nothing like Shag (big fan) in anything I saw. Kincade maybe but I'm not a fan and this all looked marvelous. There was an extended number with Jazz Age poster/art deco style which at this point seemed choppy. It will be interesting to see if they can make that flow and fit.

Regarding tie-ins, it was not Shrekish where it was so self-aware, it just had the look and feel of many places Disneyland fans will be familiar with at times (I hope NOS doesn't transform completely to Tiana-land - shudder). And beignets should start selling like hotcakes. Mmmmm...beignets.... (Homer Simpson drool.)

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyDishwasher View Post
                        I just have to know... How is Tiana a princess? Is she a princess of Mardi Gras, or royal blood? I'm just really curious as to her royal status. You can PM me if you feel it's too spoilertastic.
                        Ok...you asked for it! ...I'll PM!

Comment

Awesome preview!
                          I am interested in finding out how Tiana is a princess would you care to share in public? If not PM me please..please..please... Many thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Cactushugr View Post
                            I was there, too, and I'm working on notes, but I wanted to say I saw nothing like Shag (big fan) in anything I saw. Kincade maybe but I'm not a fan and this all looked marvelous. There was an extended number with Jazz Age poster/art deco style which at this point seemed choppy. It will be interesting to see if they can make that flow and fit.

Regarding tie-ins, it was not Shrekish where it was so self-aware, it just had the look and feel of many places Disneyland fans will be familiar with at times (I hope NOS doesn't transform completely to Tiana-land - shudder). And beignets should start selling like hotcakes. Mmmmm...beignets.... (Homer Simpson drool.)
                            Hey Cactushugr, I can't wait to read your notes! Were you one of the folk talking to JL?!

MINOR SPOILERS!: I completely admit it is open to interpretation and maybe my eyes saw something no one else will, and I can't wait to read your notes and hear from others when the film comes out to see what they saw! Please keep in mind I think Kinkade and Shag were both just "influences". If they copied their style and work too closely, there would be royalties to pay and attorneys involved, and the film itself wouldn't become it's own work of art, which I think it is. For me, the New Orleans homes at the begining finished portions, were clearly done in Kinkades "painting in light" style (the overly warm windows & doors in that scene), with his trademark highly detailed attention to architecture (the detailed N'Orleans wrought iron and wood work), and, to me, the Restaurant scene, reflected Shag in colors, proportions, and stlyized retro "jazz look" ...in the "jazz restaurant". Again, just influences, and again, it may just be me.
                            I agree, they didn't go as far to be considered Shrekish, and beignets....mmmm

Comment

Originally posted by Barbossa View Post
                              Glad you liked it and glad to hear that it wasn't a dud.

I think I spotted John Lasseter here in Kelowna a few months back. You're probably wondering what John would be doing here in Kelowna and where the heck is Kelowna. Well, Club Penguin has their head office here. I was going into the neighboring building to drop off a resume and a guy came out of the other building where CP is located. I swear, the guy looked just like John. I should've gone over and said hi.
                              Cool! (I had to google "Club Penguin"....no kids!...now, any hints about not "where", but "what", is a Kelowna??!)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X