Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broadway's 'Little Mermaid' Sierra Boggess swims off 5/31, Drew Seeley sign in

Stock and Seeley to Join Broadway's Little Mermaid Cast

By Andrew Gans
    Playbill
    07 May 2009

Chelsea Morgan Stock and Drew Seeley
    Ariel understudy Chelsea Morgan Stock will succeed Sierra Boggess in the title role of Disney's The Little Mermaid in June at the Lunt-Fontanne Theatre.

Boggess will play her final performance as Ariel May 31; Stock will begin June 2.

Drew Seeley, who played pop star Joey Parker in the romantic musical comedy "Another Cinderella Story," will also join the Mermaid cast next month. Seeley will play a limited engagement as Prince Eric June 9-Aug. 30. Sean Palmer, who created the role, will play the part through June 7 and return on Sept. 1.

The cast also features Faith Prince as Ursula; Norm Lewis as King Triton; Rogelio Douglas Jr. as Sebastian; Eddie Korbich as Scuttle; Jonathan Freeman as Grimsby; Tyler Maynard as Flotsam; Eric LaJuan Summers as Jetsam; Robert Creighton as Chef Louis; Trevor Braun and Brian D'Addario alternating as Flounder. The Little Mermaid marks Chelsea Morgan Stock's Broadway debut. The actress has appeared in regional productions of A Year With Frog and Toad and Kiss Me, Kate. She received her BFA from the Boston Conservatory.
    Playbill News: Stock and Seeley to Join Broadway's Little Mermaid Cast

'The Little Mermaid' Broadway-bound star announced -2/23/07
    http://micechat.com/forums/news/5504...2-23-07-a.html
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Re: Broadway's 'Little Mermaid' Sierra Boggess swims off 5/31, Drew Seeley sign in

I didn't know that Sherie Renee Scott had already left the production. When did she go?
    Last edited by MonkeyDishwasher; 05-08-2009, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Re: Broadway's 'Little Mermaid' Sierra Boggess swims off 5/31, Drew Seeley sign in

Any word on what Sierra Boggess is going to be doing, she was fabulous when I saw the Little Mermaid. Unfortuantly we didn't get to see Sean Palmer, as we had an understudy who I was disappointed with, though I do like his recordings on the soundtrack. Sherie Renee Scott got replaced a few months back not exactly sure when but I thought she was all wrong to begin with for Ursula. Tituss Burgess was also fantastic as Sebastian but was also replaced recently.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwwdFhJWDK0

Comment

yeah when did she go and why?

Comment

If I'm not mistaken... Drew Seeley dubbed the voice of Zac Efron in the original High School Musical. :unsure: That was the source of some controversy a while back.

Comment

^his vocals were blended with Zac Efron's for the original 'High School Musical.'. Seeley also co-wrote the song, "Get'cha Head in the Game" and performed with the cast in the sold-out 'High School Musical The Concert Tour'. He is a natural.
            "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Magic View Post
              Any word on what Sierra Boggess is going to be doing, she was fabulous when I saw the Little Mermaid.

Rumor is she'll be playing Christine in 'Love Never Dies', the 'Phantom' sequel...
              http://micechat.com/forums/theatre/1...l-delayed.html

Comment

that sucks, i was looking forward to seeing sierra this summer!

My Twitter! CardfightrHuntr

Comment

true it sucks! Not liking at all!
                  losey...

Comment

Nice shots of 'The Little Mermaid' cast:

Chelsea Morgan Stock - Ariel

Drew Seeley - Eric

Norm Lewis - King Triton

Faith Prince - Ursula

Photo Coverage: Chelsea Morgan Stock and Drew Seeley Take Their Bows in Disney's THE LITTLE MERMAID

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X