X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An old friend may be returning...

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2009/04/29...-rabbit-movie/

Should be interesting to see how this will affect the parks if it happens. What's interesting is that Zemeckis and Spielberg both have ties with Disney again like they did in the 80s.

I hope we get the charecter walking around again.

Re: An old friend may be returning...

Whoa... Jessica Rabbit photo op! I can see it now.

Comment

This would be a good thing to jump-start the Disney Studios production pipeline. With the current state of motion-capture and computer animation they could make it a whole lot easier than the first one, and make the interactions much more seamless.

There were times when the Toons interacting with the Humans weren't precisely in sync - the camera swiveled a fraction but the Toon didn't, or vice versa.

So, anyone know the current whereabouts of Bob Hoskins, Charles Fleischer, Kathleen Turner and Joanna Cassidy? I think Judge Doom is gone, so Christopher Lloyd is out for this one unless they want to "raise him from the DIP tank"...

--<< Bruce >>--

PS: Why didn't this happen a lot sooner? Two words: Michael Eisner.
      There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Comment

I really hope this happens, and that they use hand-drawn animation for the Toons. It wouldn't be the same if they tried to use CGI.

Just for fun, here's a concept I made up for a Roger Rabbit sequel that would allow them to use both:

"Who Cloned Roger Rabbit"

It’s 2004. Toontown is now divided between hand-drawn Toons and CGI Toons (with stop-motion Toons perhaps caught somewhere in the middle.) The plot would revolve around a conspiracy within Maroon Cartoon Studios to dip hand-drawn Toontown off the face of the Earth and replace the toons with new CGI versions - the title referring to Roger’s “hip, edgy” prototype CGI clone, who could either turn out to be a good guy or an evil digital drone, or possibly a Jekyll/Hyde thing between the two - with a counter-conspiracy by hand-drawn Toon extremists to delete the CGI toons. Freddie Valiant is a senior VP at Maroon who has little interest in Toons beyond their profitability, but he’s reluctantly roped into investigating the goings-on by his aging Private Eye grandfather Eddie .

Just noticed Bruce's comment above about Judge Doom. A different Toon could put on the Judge Doom mask, allowing Christopher Lloyd to participate
        Last edited by animagusurreal; 05-11-2009, 02:24 AM.
        "Happy Working Song" parody for DCA remodel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-TYESfNTP8&feature=plcp

Retro Rant Review of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame II" (comedy review of direct-to-video
        Disney sequel):
        Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../1/q1j7FU8QXu0
        Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../0/sasNTMDRBLU

Retro Rant Review of "Home on the Range" (comedy review of Disney movie):
        Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7mC-...feature=relmfu
        Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoUie...feature=relmfu
        Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Vea...feature=relmfu

Visit my site: http://www.vividgroovy.com

Pratfall the albatross superheroine visits the Carthay Circle Theatre.

Comment

Roger Rabbit in mo-cap.

Hoo-boy....

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
          Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
          imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Comment

more discussion of the topic here...
            http://micechat.com/forums/movies/11...-zemeckis.html

Comment

I would be so ecstatic if it did!

Comment

As long as the finished product has the over laid cell animated warm aesthetic of the original I don't care what the process is. I love Roger Rabbit!
                Pppppppplllleassse make a sequel! (But don't mess up!)
                Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
                DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

Comment

Most interesting indeed! This has the potential to be a great followup, if done correctly. I'm not overly concerned with how they do it... in fact using the technology that has evolved over the last 20 years in any form I think will be exciting and will only enhance the experience. But it will be the story line that will ultimately make or break the film. If the story is weak, then all the technology and animation whiz bang won't mean anything.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                  all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

I wonder if in today's day and age, Jessica Rabbit will be even sluttier than before?! Yeah, that thought kinda scares me. Otherwise, sounds like a great idea to me!!

Comment

With today's animation processes there is no reason that the characters can't have the same hand drawn appearance as the original. There would be absolutely no excuse for RR and company to 'look' CG.
                      Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

Comment

I agree with the CGI comments. I think some of the schtick of the original RR was the fact he was a TOON, didn't they play up the fact they were 2D? I could be wrong, I haven't seen the movie in a while, but I thought there were a couple of gags about the toons being 'flat?' I just can't see them ruining that and making it CGI. Maybe they'd use computers and stuff to ease the animation process?

Comment

It's about time.

Great video. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Bergman View Post
                            So, anyone know the current whereabouts of Bob Hoskins, Charles Fleischer, Kathleen Turner and Joanna Cassidy? I think Judge Doom is gone, so Christopher Lloyd is out for this one unless they want to "raise him from the DIP tank"...
                            According to IMDB:

Bob Hoskins: He'll be playing Mr. Fezziwig in (ironically enough) Zemeckis' A Christmas Carol.

Charles Fleischer: Was last seen in an episode of "Women's Murder Club" on ABC.

Kathleen Turner: Was in last year's "Marley & Me"

Joanna Cassidy: Her next project is an untitled TV series.

So the original actors haven't left the business, so their return for a sequel is possible
                            MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
                            (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

Comment

Originally posted by brenden View Post
                              I agree with the CGI comments. I think some of the schtick of the original RR was the fact he was a TOON, didn't they play up the fact they were 2D? I could be wrong, I haven't seen the movie in a while, but I thought there were a couple of gags about the toons being 'flat?' I just can't see them ruining that and making it CGI. Maybe they'd use computers and stuff to ease the animation process?
                              There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X