This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this ILLEGAL?

I was wondering if it was illegal for me to sell my disney drawings...? Anyone have some legal information they could share? I have people asking me to draw big extravigent (SP?) drawings of their favorite character and they want to pay me! Someone said I should sell my drawings regularly as an "up and coming" artist... I don't want to break any laws so if someone could help me out I'd greatly appreciate it!

-Lauryn

Re: Is this ILLEGAL?

My advice...don't sell them. If Disney catches you doing this, you could get in trouble. I know they made 2 daycare centers close because they used Disney characters. If you want to give them to a person, I think that's okay, but I don't think you can sell them.

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

Comment

I agree with Mike completely. Disney owns the copyrights to the characters no matter who draws them and if you sell drawings of Disney characters without Disneys permission, that is a copyright infringement. Don't do it.

Comment

k thats all i needed to know thanks

-Lauryn

Comment

Hey but Luv if you can draw your own personally made characters the same way, you should go for it. You might want to copyright your characters before hand though so no buyers will steal your character and copyright it as their own creation.

Comment

Thanks for the tip!

-Lauryn

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X