This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney's 'G-Force' steals 'Harry Potter's Friday night

Walt Disney Pictures' 'G-Force' took the top spot at the box office on Friday with $11.5 million on 3,697 screens (1,603 of those are 3-D theatres) followed by 'The Ugly Truth' with $10.8 million. 'Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince' brought in $9.3 million from 4,325 screens.

full story at:

'Potter' falls to 'G-Force' and 'Ugly Truth'

3-D guinea pigs nab top spot at the box office

'Potter' falls to 'G-Force' and 'Ugly Truth' - Entertainment News, Web Exclusive, Media - Variety
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Re: Disney's 'G-Force' steals 'Harry Potter's Friday night

Good

Comment

Good job Disney! Although I must admit that I'm somewhat shocked that this movie did so well.

Comment

movie looks like it could be fun, i am glad it is doing well.

Comment

It just goes to show Harry Potter is dwindling in fan support.... Once the diehards see it, it has nothing I wouldnt be suprised if this film doesnt gross more than 300 mil domestic.

Comment

We saw HP again today and the threatre was actually quite full. I wouldn't count Harry and company out yet.

As for G-force, the movie doesn't interest me in the least.

Comment

This was shocking.

Probably a generation of 3-7 year olds to thank for this.

Comment

I don't understand what's shocking about a brand new movie BARELY beating one that's been out for a week and a half. Especially one with as much marketing and promotion as G-Force.

Comment

Originally posted by Goover View Post
                  This was shocking.

Probably a generation of 3-7 year olds to thank for this.
                  It would only be shocking if these 3-7 years olds were driving themselves to the theatres and buyng their own tickets & concessions. It's a new release that younger children can see with their families and other kids, which is why Disney's distribution booked it right on 'Harry's heels.

What is shocking is that Zach Galifianakis has become the hottest actor in America with 'The Hangover' (the now #1 R-rated comedy of all-time!), an upcoming new HBO series, 'Bored to Death' and now 'G-Force'. He told Conan O'Brien on Thursday night that 'G-Force' is the sequel to 'The Hangover' and that it was "the 2nd most anticipated talking guinea pig movie in two years". Guess he was sorta right.
                  "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X