This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW on Broadway

Hey hey! All you Monty Python fans out there! Coming March 17th on Broadway: MONTY PYTHON AND THE HOLY GRAIL!!!!! Apparently it has gotten VERY good reviews, and I cant wait to see it!

:bow:
    Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
    http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!
    sigpic

I reallllllly want to see Spamalot but getting tickets is nearly impossible
    Eglantine, Eglantine, oh how you shine!
    I don't believe in giving animals ridiculous names. I call him Cosmic Creepers...
    ...and if you've got no other choice, you know you can follow my voice...

Comment

I just found out! I'm really excited!

sigpic

Comment

Have you heard the cast? Hank Azaria, Tim Curry, David Hyde Pierce

Also-directed by Mike Nichols, one of my favorite directors
        Eglantine, Eglantine, oh how you shine!
        I don't believe in giving animals ridiculous names. I call him Cosmic Creepers...
        ...and if you've got no other choice, you know you can follow my voice...

Comment

I know! So good! I love Tim Curry.

sigpic

Comment

Chicago Preview

The show did its tryout/previews in Chicago. This is on Chicagotheater.com's website. I've read some reviews and the critics are saying the female lead is terrific and will take Broadway by storm. Can't think of her name and notice she's not even mentioned in this blurb.

Monty Python's Spamalot
            Theatre : The Shubert Theatre
            Dates : December 21, 2004 - January 23, 2005

Telling the legendary tale of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table and the quest for the Holy Grail, in song, "Monty Python's Spamalot" features a chorus line of legless knights, men in tights (with legs), killer rabbits and sexy dancing divas creating some of the most unforgettable musical production numbers you will ever see in the theatre on this evening! Directed by Tony and Academy Award-winner Mike Nichols and starring David Hyde Pierce ("Fraiser"), Tim Curry ("Rocky Horror Picture Show") and Hank Azaria ("The Simpsons"), this world premiere, pre-Broadway engagement features a book by "Python" Eric Idle, lovingly ripped off from the screenplay of the acclaimed "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" film with a new score featuring music and lyrics by Eric Idle and John Du Prez.
            "America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between." Oscar Wilde

Comment

I've bee following this one for a while now. can't wait! Unfortunately I'm afraid it's highly unlikely I will be able to make the trek to NYC to actually see the show, but at least I take comfort in knowing that they are supposed to record a cast album before they begin the Broadway run (sometimes this doesn't happen right away).

A friend of mine was just telling me last week that she is surprising her Fiance with a trip to see it for his birthday. She said that while tix are nearly impossible to get, she was able to get a couple through some sort of package deal that included staying at specific 4 star hotel. i'm supremely jealous. (why did I ever give up dating her to just be friends?!?!)

Comment

"America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between." Oscar Wilde

Comment

OH WOW. I had no idea they were doing this. I watched it just the other day and thought to myself "Hey, this would make a great play." AWESOME.

Comment

How long untill it will be traveling on tour.. you know like Tampa.....

Comment

With a little luck, I'll be in New York in a few months, but the odds of my getting tickets to see this are slim. It sounds hillarious.

Comment

Maybe Disney will do TRON, the musical..
                        "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Comment

Thanks to Avenue Q... comedys are becoming musicals.....hence this one... Tron flopped correct... so perhaps their is a chance of a broadway show.... Disney is weard like that...

(* :lol: :lol: :lol: *)

Comment

Originally posted by Cousin Orville
                            Maybe Disney will do TRON, the musical..
                            Or worse... The Alamo, The Musical...
                            Check out my other blog:

Comment

The Spamalot cast album comes out tomorrow (Tuesday May 3). Just thought I'd give everyone a reminder/heads up in case you are planning to pick it up! I know I'll be at the store right after work picking up this Cd and my Phantom of the Opera DVD! (and for those interested, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels cast album comes out next week)

Comment

I'll be picking up "Spamalot" tomorrow as well. Saw a preview of the show the week it officially opened and it's really terrific. However, so much of the comedy is in the staging and in the performances. Hopefully a lot of it comes across on disc.

Also saw "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels" during its preview period and thoroughly enjoyed it. I hadn't seen the film, so it was all new to me. Just a great, fun, ribald, and bawdy comedy. John Lithgow and Norbert Leo Butz are comic genius in this show and David Yazbek's score is really varied and clever. I loved his "Full Monty" score and this one ranks right up there with it.

If you can get to NYC and see "Scoundrels" before May 27, no need to buy the cast album. They're actually giving them away at all performances! Check out this link to a Playbill.com article about it.

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/92613.html

Comment

Just returned home from a trip to NYC to see Spamalot. Lots of fun! Eric Idle did a great job giving the Broadway show the ending that Holy Grail never had, and all the songs are both snappy and over the top! The show also uses some clever devices to blend together disjointed scenes from the movie into compound vingettes.

The cast is an interesting mix. Some play their parts exactly as seen in the film, while others, Tim Curry in particular, put a new spin on things. My only real complaint is that the show seems to be a bit short. It moved quickly from one production number to the next with little linking action.
                                  ------------------
                                  DLR '84, 85, 96, 02, 05, 06x2, 07x2, 08x2, 09, 10, 11; WDW '92, 98, 00, 06, 08, 10; DLP '02; TDR '07

Hey, check out my podcast!
                                  http://www.comedy4cast.com

Comment

I am totally wishing I lived in New York just so I can see this. I LOVE everyone in that cast!

BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!

What else floats? A duck!

Look out for the killer bunnies!

Comment

Originally posted by aimster
                                      What else floats? A duck!
                                      Very small rocks! Churches!

I am so pissed off that it takes so long for plays to go on tour. Don't really have the urge to pay outrageous money to see a show on Broadway (outrageous money reserved for Disneyland alone). I can't wait for this. Guess I'll have to console myself with the cast album.
                                      The King is back and he's ready to kick some tail. Do not mess with a mouse in black.

Comment

I saw it in Chigaco. It was awesome, apparently I got to see a couple of songs that were cut. If you don't have the CD yet, get it. It's great, almost all the songs spoof songs from other musicals, good stuff.

"Once, in every show, there comes a song like this . ."
                                        :lol:
                                        "What single word is the name of a magazine, a cereal, a board game, and a never-ending series of soul-crushing disappointments which slowly leech away your hope and idealism until you are nothing more than a bitter husk of a man?"

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X