X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xharryb
    replied
    I've bee following this one for a while now. can't wait! Unfortunately I'm afraid it's highly unlikely I will be able to make the trek to NYC to actually see the show, but at least I take comfort in knowing that they are supposed to record a cast album before they begin the Broadway run (sometimes this doesn't happen right away).

A friend of mine was just telling me last week that she is surprising her Fiance with a trip to see it for his birthday. She said that while tix are nearly impossible to get, she was able to get a couple through some sort of package deal that included staying at specific 4 star hotel. i'm supremely jealous. (why did I ever give up dating her to just be friends?!?!)

Leave a comment:

• desertdweller
    replied
    Chicago Preview

The show did its tryout/previews in Chicago. This is on Chicagotheater.com's website. I've read some reviews and the critics are saying the female lead is terrific and will take Broadway by storm. Can't think of her name and notice she's not even mentioned in this blurb.

Monty Python's Spamalot
    Theatre : The Shubert Theatre
    Dates : December 21, 2004 - January 23, 2005

Telling the legendary tale of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table and the quest for the Holy Grail, in song, "Monty Python's Spamalot" features a chorus line of legless knights, men in tights (with legs), killer rabbits and sexy dancing divas creating some of the most unforgettable musical production numbers you will ever see in the theatre on this evening! Directed by Tony and Academy Award-winner Mike Nichols and starring David Hyde Pierce ("Fraiser"), Tim Curry ("Rocky Horror Picture Show") and Hank Azaria ("The Simpsons"), this world premiere, pre-Broadway engagement features a book by "Python" Eric Idle, lovingly ripped off from the screenplay of the acclaimed "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" film with a new score featuring music and lyrics by Eric Idle and John Du Prez.

Leave a comment:

• IndyJn511
    replied
    I know! So good! I love Tim Curry.

Leave a comment:

• Emelius_Browne
    replied
    Have you heard the cast? Hank Azaria, Tim Curry, David Hyde Pierce

Also-directed by Mike Nichols, one of my favorite directors

Leave a comment:

• IndyJn511
    replied
    I just found out! I'm really excited!

Leave a comment:

• Emelius_Browne
    replied
    I reallllllly want to see Spamalot but getting tickets is nearly impossible

Leave a comment:

• IndyJn511
    started a topic NEW on Broadway

NEW on Broadway

Hey hey! All you Monty Python fans out there! Coming March 17th on Broadway: MONTY PYTHON AND THE HOLY GRAIL!!!!! Apparently it has gotten VERY good reviews, and I cant wait to see it!

:bow:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X