This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW on Broadway

Hey hey! All you Monty Python fans out there! Coming March 17th on Broadway: MONTY PYTHON AND THE HOLY GRAIL!!!!! Apparently it has gotten VERY good reviews, and I cant wait to see it!

:bow:
    Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
    http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!
    sigpic

I reallllllly want to see Spamalot but getting tickets is nearly impossible
    Eglantine, Eglantine, oh how you shine!
    I don't believe in giving animals ridiculous names. I call him Cosmic Creepers...
    ...and if you've got no other choice, you know you can follow my voice...

Comment

I just found out! I'm really excited!

sigpic

Comment

Have you heard the cast? Hank Azaria, Tim Curry, David Hyde Pierce

Also-directed by Mike Nichols, one of my favorite directors
        Eglantine, Eglantine, oh how you shine!
        I don't believe in giving animals ridiculous names. I call him Cosmic Creepers...
        ...and if you've got no other choice, you know you can follow my voice...

Comment

I know! So good! I love Tim Curry.

sigpic

Comment

Chicago Preview

The show did its tryout/previews in Chicago. This is on Chicagotheater.com's website. I've read some reviews and the critics are saying the female lead is terrific and will take Broadway by storm. Can't think of her name and notice she's not even mentioned in this blurb.

Monty Python's Spamalot
            Theatre : The Shubert Theatre
            Dates : December 21, 2004 - January 23, 2005

Telling the legendary tale of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table and the quest for the Holy Grail, in song, "Monty Python's Spamalot" features a chorus line of legless knights, men in tights (with legs), killer rabbits and sexy dancing divas creating some of the most unforgettable musical production numbers you will ever see in the theatre on this evening! Directed by Tony and Academy Award-winner Mike Nichols and starring David Hyde Pierce ("Fraiser"), Tim Curry ("Rocky Horror Picture Show") and Hank Azaria ("The Simpsons"), this world premiere, pre-Broadway engagement features a book by "Python" Eric Idle, lovingly ripped off from the screenplay of the acclaimed "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" film with a new score featuring music and lyrics by Eric Idle and John Du Prez.
            "America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between." Oscar Wilde

Comment

I've bee following this one for a while now. can't wait! Unfortunately I'm afraid it's highly unlikely I will be able to make the trek to NYC to actually see the show, but at least I take comfort in knowing that they are supposed to record a cast album before they begin the Broadway run (sometimes this doesn't happen right away).

A friend of mine was just telling me last week that she is surprising her Fiance with a trip to see it for his birthday. She said that while tix are nearly impossible to get, she was able to get a couple through some sort of package deal that included staying at specific 4 star hotel. i'm supremely jealous. (why did I ever give up dating her to just be friends?!?!)

Comment

"America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between." Oscar Wilde

Comment

OH WOW. I had no idea they were doing this. I watched it just the other day and thought to myself "Hey, this would make a great play." AWESOME.

Comment

How long untill it will be traveling on tour.. you know like Tampa.....

Comment

With a little luck, I'll be in New York in a few months, but the odds of my getting tickets to see this are slim. It sounds hillarious.

Comment

Maybe Disney will do TRON, the musical..
                        "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Comment

Thanks to Avenue Q... comedys are becoming musicals.....hence this one... Tron flopped correct... so perhaps their is a chance of a broadway show.... Disney is weard like that...

(* :lol: :lol: :lol: *)

Comment

Originally posted by Cousin Orville
                            Maybe Disney will do TRON, the musical..
                            Or worse... The Alamo, The Musical...
                            Check out my other blog:

Comment

The Spamalot cast album comes out tomorrow (Tuesday May 3). Just thought I'd give everyone a reminder/heads up in case you are planning to pick it up! I know I'll be at the store right after work picking up this Cd and my Phantom of the Opera DVD! (and for those interested, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels cast album comes out next week)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X