This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michael Jackson -- This Is It .

Have yall gotten tickets yet?? They are really selling out...If you haven't gotten them already MovieTickets has a pretty good deal...

Comment

Well, it's here. Anybody going tonight? I know one of our MCers is at a 9 PM showing. I am going Thursday at 4:20. Anybody else?

Comment

I want to go too......
        hope it is playing here.....
        i miss him.....
        Yes, it is fast....

No, you can't drive IT.

Drive it like it's stolen.

Comment

I want a review, Janine! I might go, or not depending on what you tell me.

Comment

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
            I want a review, Janine! I might go, or not depending on what you tell me.
            You just want to see it now because we saw Jermaine, Blanket and Prince Michael @ DL!

I will give you a full review! (I do plan to bring Kleenex. I think I may cry! I am such a weenie!)

Comment

I was actually able to go to the premier at the Nokia last night. It was a awsome movie. Saw lots of celebrities.

The movie was about 1:45 long. Very well done. Make you respect MJ as a true artist. He was very involve in all the planning for the whole show for the tour. While watching this movie, you realize if the tour went on it would of been awsome. They were recreating sceen in some of his music video to add to the tour.

I don't want to say too much more incase you want to go see it. But i have no bad reveiw. Just hope that the movie theatre you go watch this movie has a great stereo system.
              Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

Comment

I have less than zero interest in seeing this.

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
                  I have less than zero interest in seeing this.
                  If it's less documentary, and mostly just performances of MJ's greatest hits, it might be a chance to remember the music one last time.

That's what I'd go for. Not to see MJ behind the scenes at Staples. But to see him on stage. Bonus, this tour's not promoting new music, just the old stuff we liked in the day.

Comment

I saw it last night at the Gardenwalk. It was an okay documentary. I thought it was funny because that Kenny Ortega guy seemed like a huge tool. I loved the choreography that was being planned.

Comment

I saw it yesterday and was quite impressed. I don't think there's another artist alive or dead that I would sit down and watch almost 2 hours of them. Not to take anything away from the Beatles or Elvis or Sinatra, but after a couple songs, I'm full. But this movie could have gone on longer and I would have still been on board.

What's great is it doesn't try to be super over emotional/sentimental like "he's dead and you should be sad." It just shows the footage of him going through the songs that you loved. Seeing him tweaking things and planning. I thought it was very interesting and also a chance to watch him perform one last time.

It is a shame that the This Is It tour will never happen. He/they put a lot into that show. It's not like he was just gonna put on his glove and fedora and moonwalk for a few songs and collect a check...he was putting on A SHOW!!! Cirque du MJ, if you will.

When the movie ended there were a bunch of us who just sat there. We didn 't want to leave the theater...as if he wouldn't be dead if we didn't get up and leave. I don't know how the logic circuits of my brain got shut off during the closing credits, but I thought it was odd enough to share.

Comment

It's been getting good reviews. I imagine the "limited run" will be as limited as the Hannah Montanna concert movie ended up being, should this prove popular.

My question about the film is, do we get to see a decent amount of concert-esque performance? I get the impression it's more behind-the-scenes than it is performance footage. I.e. do we get to see MJ perform entire songs, entire numbers?
                        My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Comment

Originally posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post
                          It's been getting good reviews. I imagine the "limited run" will be as limited as the Hannah Montanna concert movie ended up being, should this prove popular.

My question about the film is, do we get to see a decent amount of concert-esque performance? I get the impression it's more behind-the-scenes than it is performance footage. I.e. do we get to see MJ perform entire songs, entire numbers?
                          You get to see him go through pretty much the entirety of each song. A few are cut short. But mostly you get to see the full songs with "behind the scenes" moments spliced in. But mostly the behind the scenes stuff takes you from one song to the next

Comment

Just got back from seeing This Is It.

I thought it was awesome. I've been a Michael Jackson fan since 1969 when I got my first Jackson 5 album. "Diana Ross Presents, The Jackson 5". After watching this movie.....that man should still be walking this earth. His dancing was still spot on, his voice was great and he had spunk. It's so sad to think that he's dead. He knew what he wanted to make that show outstanding and he spoke up, in love. I was impressed with how kind he was to the dancers, musicians, etc.

As Tim said, they didn't wallow in the fact that he's NOT here. They made a movie showing his performances of many songs that I love. Including some Jackson 5 (that's when I started to lose it). At the end...they didn't even do a "Michael Jackson 1959 - 2009" type thing. I was impressed. At the end, I didn't want to leave! I wanted to see more!

Had this tour taken place, it would have been an AMAZING show. Part of what you see are the sets and what special effects they were going to use, and, some were outstanding. People would have been talking about that come back for a long, long time. Sadly, now we're just talking about what could have been.

Two thumbs up from me. I highly recommend it.

Comment

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
                              If it's less documentary, and mostly just performances of MJ's greatest hits, it might be a chance to remember the music one last time.

That's what I'd go for. Not to see MJ behind the scenes at Staples. But to see him on stage. Bonus, this tour's not promoting new music, just the old stuff we liked in the day.
                              It WAS his old stuff, all the way back to Jackson 5 for a couple of songs. And, they did a lot of full songs, the good ones that I loved anyway. It was documentary-like, but, also put together to show a lot of what the concert would have been like, which I thought was great. I'd not have been able to see that if he'd lived and done the concert.

Comment

I have no desire to see it. I wasn't a fan of his even when he peaked in the 80's.....and as time went on he just weirded me out more and more.

Comment

Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
                                  I have no desire to see it. I wasn't a fan of his even when he peaked in the 80's.....and as time went on he just weirded me out more and more.
                                  This isn't the debate lounge. ha! Some of us are very much enjoying the movie. I plan to see it in the theatre again AND will buy the DVD.

Comment

Originally posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
                                    This isn't the debate lounge. ha! Some of us are very much enjoying the movie. I plan to see it in the theatre again AND will buy the DVD.
                                    Janine I didn't know, or at least did not remember, that you were such a huge Michael fan.

I was a big fan of the Jackson 5, and a lesser fan of the material he's undoubtedly much more famous for.

But I do plan to see "This Is It". I know he's an incredible showman and artist in many ways, and I'd never had the chance to see a live show of his. This, obviously, will be the closest I'll ever get.

Thanks for your thoughtful, and very enlightening review!
                                    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Radiobarry View Post
                                      Janine I didn't know, or at least did not remember, that you were such a huge Michael fan.
                                      Well, he's no Beatles!!! I love James Taylor, Cat Stevens, REM...a lot of music, but, the Beatles are my boys. Love them more than anybody! My first record album EVER (age 8) was Diana Ross Presents The Jackson 5.

Comment

i saw the movie on t he 27th at 9 pm

I loved it

what an incredible concert it would have been
                                        he was a true artist

and will be truly missed

Friends for life

Comment

i ahve to admit.. I never knew what a gentle soul MJ was. wow. he really was.. soooooo g entle

Friends for life

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X