Clear All

Re: Michael Jackson -- This Is It .

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Don't stop till you get enough

:yea:

lol, LOVE IT!

Comment

"If you wanna make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and make a change."

Comment

You're BAD.

Comment

You're BAD.
          No, I'm fat, but you bad .

Comment

My review in a local paper (I'm Brent):

CLICK HERE:
            Santa Maria Sun | Film

Originally posted by excerpt from review
            Brent: This movie was not made for me, and I’m OK with that. As a title at the beginning states, it’s “for the fans.” I can imagine how it would feel for them to have one last glimpse of Michael performing. The audience at the showing we attended was probably more entertaining than the movie itself (though of course we can’t guarantee you’ll have the same audience). Lots of applause, screaming, and “whoo’s” gave me some vicarious feeling of the excitement they felt.

Roberta: Everyone in the film, including Michael, seems to be having fun, even though there’s lots of hard work involved in putting the concert together. The talented cast keeps pace right along with Michael. They make the intricate dancing look easy. (I tried it—it’s not.)

"Happy Working Song" parody for DCA remodel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-TYESfNTP8&feature=plcp

Retro Rant Review of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame II" (comedy review of direct-to-video
            Disney sequel):
            Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../1/q1j7FU8QXu0
            Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../0/sasNTMDRBLU

Retro Rant Review of "Home on the Range" (comedy review of Disney movie):
            Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7mC-...feature=relmfu
            Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoUie...feature=relmfu
            Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Vea...feature=relmfu

Visit my site: http://www.vividgroovy.com

Pratfall the albatross superheroine visits the Carthay Circle Theatre.

Comment

Originally posted by animagusurreal View Post
              My review in a local paper (I'm Brent):

CLICK HERE:
              Santa Maria Sun | Film
              I wish the audience was like that where I live! The theatre was almost empty! There may have been 20 of us in there. Very quiet too, you could hear a pin drop!

Comment

Originally posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
                I wish the audience was like that where I live! The theatre was almost empty! There may have been 20 of us in there. Very quiet too, you could hear a pin drop!
                Ummm, Janine...did you read my post? Talk about an empty theater.
                God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Saw it tonight at the Arclight in the Dome with a decent sized crowd.
                  All I can say is Wow! What a performer.

I grew up listening to M.J. and remembered watching the Grammys the night he moon walked for the first time. It was all the buzz at school the next day.

But watching a 50 year old Micheal still performing at that level and in step with his 20 year old back up dancers is just amazing to watch.

I'm not a die hard Micheal fan. But he did make some great music. This film showed the hard work and dedication he had to his craft.

It's a shame he wasn't able to perform this concert. It would have been something to see.

One thing that peeked my interest was during the Thriller sequence.
                  The various Haunted Mansion references that where in it. Ghost's on the chandler and what looked like a glass version of the Stretching room with a ghost being hanged from the top.

Just wondered if anyone else picked up on that.
                  Crazy Larry loves ya! ......Hurry up before they lock me up!

Stop by my website
                  http://www.ericedunn.com/

Comment

Yeah, that moment was a THRILLER for me, too.

Comment

I caught the Haunted Mansion references too Larry. The guy with the lantern, the guy hanging himself in the foyer, Vincent Price narrating like he does in the Mansion....

Comment

Originally posted by Radiobarry View Post
                        Ummm, Janine...did you read my post? Talk about an empty theater.
                        I didn't til now, and, WOW, what a great review, Barry. I did know about your cousin being a Beach Boy (THE Beach Boy as far as I am concerned, but, I digress) and it's interesting to hear your take on Brian and Michael and the parallels in their lives. I'm glad you liked the movie. I cried like a baby during "I'll Be There". The first time I saw it, I cried many times. The 2nd time, I cried during "I'll Be There" again. That song does it to me almost every time I hear it. Must be something from my childhood. Sigh.

Yeah, that moment was a THRILLER for me, too.
                        Yuk-yuk!

Originally posted by Disney Wrassler View Post
                        I caught the Haunted Mansion references too Larry. The guy with the lantern, the guy hanging himself in the foyer, Vincent Price narrating like he does in the Mansion....
                        Yes! We did too. That was really cool. The gravedigger and what looked like the elevator, etc. Very interesting that he used that imagery. The narrator in HM is Thurl Ravenscroft though, isn't it? (Or were you being funny with the winky at the end?)

Comment

Originally posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
                          I didn't til now, and, WOW, what a great review, Barry. I did know about your cousin being a Beach Boy (THE Beach Boy as far as I am concerned, but, I digress) and it's interesting to hear your take on Brian and Michael and the parallels in their lives. I'm glad you liked the movie. I cried like a baby during "I'll Be There". The first time I saw it, I cried many times. The 2nd time, I cried during "I'll Be There" again. That song does it to me almost every time I hear it. Must be something from my childhood. Sigh.

Yuk-yuk!

Yes! We did too. That was really cool. The gravedigger and what looked like the elevator, etc. Very interesting that he used that imagery. The narrator in HM is Thurl Ravenscroft though, isn't it? (Or were you being funny with the winky at the end?)
                          I thought it was Vincent Price. Well, atleast Vincent was a narrator of one of the Haunted Mansions. I know Price is the Narrator for Disneyland Paris' Haunted Mansion.

Comment

Just DLP's mansion's laughs. If you and I were reading the same webpage.

Comment

Can't wait!

Comment

I had always planned on seeing this movie, but just got around to seeing it tonight. I've been a huge Micahel Jackson fan all of my life. I remember watching the Jackson 5 cartoons as a kid when they were on in the 70s, and bought most of his albums and CDs as a teen and young adult.

This movie made me laugh, it made me cry, and it make me smile, a lot. You could really see what I've always known about Michael, in that he was a perfectionist. There was no, "that's good enough" in getting ready for this concert. Everything had to be exactly right. Michael was that way with all of his music and performances, and that's what made his shows so amazing. Michael was the best, and he searched out the best musicians and dancers that could match his level. It was great hearing what they had to say, and how thrilled they were to be working with Michael.

I loved this movie. It is such a great tribute to the talent that Michael Jackson was. This concert looked like it would have been amazing. During the film I was thinking about how much I would have paid for a ticket to see this concert, and easily I would have paid $1000.00. There is no other artist past or present that I could say that about. I believe Michael was probably the most talented performer is singing and dancing, that there has ever been.

While Michael probably would not want people seeing him performing at less than his highest level. This film showed that Michael, even at 50 was still the King of Pop. A title he was given, not self proclaimed, as the media used to always say. It wasn't until his death that the media stopped saying "self proclaimed King of Pop" ... and just starting calling him the King of Pop.

Here are a couple of video clips from one of the local TV stations in Los Angeles. I was going to post these a couple of weeks ago, but forgot. The clips are an interview with the female lead guitarist in the movie and concert, Orianthi Panagaris. She talks about how Michael found her, and performs on the show.

KTLA- From This Is It Orianthi performs live - ktla.com

KTLA- Orianthi performs live - ktla.com
                                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by OC2Epcot View Post
                                  It wasn't until his death that the media stopped saying "self proclaimed King of Pop" ... and just starting calling him the King of Pop.
                                  And Elvis is still the "King of Rock and Roll".

And Paul is the "king of big screens".

(I am the king).

(For those outside of SoCal the latter refers to a local store, its owner and his TV and radio commercials.)
                                  God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Just got home from seeing This Is It. Wow...just..Wow! What an incredible experience to be able to watch the behind the scenes footage. Lost it a bit during "I'll Be There" (And after reading this thread, apparently I wasn't the only one. ) LOVED the HM references during "Thriller." Also loved the "That's why we rehearse." So softly said to the performers. No temper tantrum, no star trip..just the soft "That's why we rehearse."

The only time I really lost it was during that last scene when you see MJ and then they freeze. It was like up until that point, you forgot he was gone.

A beautiful tribute. Was surprised (pleasantly) that the theater was packed today. I'll definitely be getting the DVD.

The concert would have been incredible.
                                    Originally posted by migo
                                    I poop with joy!
                                    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

Comment

Originally posted by Radiobarry View Post
                                      And Elvis is still the "King of Rock and Roll".

And Paul is the "king of big screens".

(I am the king).

(For those outside of SoCal the latter refers to a local store, its owner and his TV and radio commercials.)
                                      Forgive me for being stupid, but whois "Paul"? Paul Newman?

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Wrassler View Post
                                        Forgive me for being stupid, but whois "Paul"? Paul Newman?
                                        Not stupid at all, DW. It was a reference that, as I mentioned, would not be known outside of SoCal. There's a store called "Paul's TV" that sells nothing but big screens, and in his local TV and other ads he is the self-described king of big screens...he says..."I am the king".

All in all, I shouldn't have brought it up, at least not in this thread. It was an attempt at humor after discussing MJ as "King of Pop" and Elvis as "King of Rock N Roll", or as I still think of him, simply, "The King".

Comment

Oh :lol:

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X