Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of you are going to go see the Wizard of Oz at the Theaters today?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many of you are going to go see the Wizard of Oz at the Theaters today?

The Wizard of Oz 70th Anniversary Hi-Def Event

The Wizard of Oz will be coming out on a new Dvd edition on September 29th. Also for the first time ever the Wizard of Oz will be coming out on Blu-ray on September 29th.

Check out these 2 links for information about the Wizard of Oz Blu-ray. The information from the second link was posted today.

Blu-ray.com - Warner Details and Dates The Wizard of Oz Blu-ray

The Wizard of Oz [70th Anniversary Ultimate Collector's Edition] – Blu-ray Disc Review | HighDefDiscNews
    sigpic

Re: How many of you are going to go see the Wizard of Oz at the Theaters today?

I actually completely forgot it was today. I went to the last big anniversary screening they did 10 years ago, and meant to plan for this one. ooops. >.>
    Last album uploads: pictures from the Alice in Wonderland exhibit, more still to be added
    2nd Club 33 visit- Febuary '10! Yay for my sister's birthday.
    Next Disneyland visit: ???
    My knicks and knacks and fancy dresses:
    http://questionablekristina.deviantart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by QuestionableKri View Post
      I actually completely forgot it was today. I went to the last big anniversary screening they did 10 years ago, and meant to plan for this one. ooops. >.>
      If there are any local Theaters in your area that will be playing this you might still be able to get a ticket. If you want you might could try calling your local Theaters about this.
      sigpic

Comment

I went to NCM's screening of Star Trek's "The Menagerie" episode a couple of years ago and enjoyed it. But I've since upgraded my home to HD and have pre-ordered the pricey deluxe Blu-ray set of "The Wizard of Oz." So for this, I'll pass and wait until I can see it at home. But I'm looking forward to see it. This trailer for the Blu-ray set really sold me.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Z-9n0ieFIw]YouTube - The Wizard of Oz Blu ray Trailer -In HIGH DEFITNITION-[/ame]

Comment

Only if they play Dark Side of the Moon with it. LOL
          Crazy Larry loves ya! ......Hurry up before they lock me up!

Stop by my website
          http://www.ericedunn.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Larry View Post
            Only if they play Dark Side of the Moon with it. LOL
            hahahaha

Comment

I took my mother to the screening. Oz is her all-time favorite movie. Aside from the intro from the AMC guy, the only extra we saw was the old Angela Lansbury mini-doc that's on the DVD.

Comment

Thanks for the reminder. There were several theaters that only showed at 7pm, and I heard that sold out. Fortunately, the theater near my home had a 2nd showing at 10pm. That show was sold out, but would say about 25% filled, all adults.

It was great to see it on the big screen for the first time. And it has been several years since I last watched it, and had forgotten certain parts of different songs, and some of the dialogue.
                Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Originally posted by Aladdin View Post
                  Thanks for the reminder. There were several theaters that only showed at 7pm, and I heard that sold out. Fortunately, the theater near my home had a 2nd showing at 10pm. That show was sold out, but would say about 25% filled, all adults.

It was great to see it on the big screen for the first time. And it has been several years since I last watched it, and had forgotten certain parts of different songs, and some of the dialogue.
                  Going to the movie house forces more focus. The dialogue at the beginning sepia-toned portion relates in many ways to what happens in the tecnhnicolor portion.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X