This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worker falls in hole at Disneyland

A scary situation as a Cast Member falls in a hole backstage in New Orleans Square. There is no report of any injuries at this time. We will be keeping an eye on this and will update when any additional news is available.

Worker fell in hole at Disneyland Resort - Around Disney - OCRegister.com

Fire officials were called to the Disneyland Resort this morning after receiving reports of a worker who fell in a hole, authorities said. The call came in at 8:41 a.m., a dispatcher said.
    Disneyland was closed at the time.

The worker fell in a hole in an employee-only area inside Disneyland near New Orleans Square, said Suzi Brown, a Disneyland Resort spokeswoman. She had yet to receive more details this morning.
    * more at the link: OC Register

Re: Worker falls in hole at Disneyland

Just like alice in wonderland.

Comment

I hope he/she wasn't seriously injured. Any cast members know about this hole and whether it was properly marked and barricaded?
      MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

I wonder if that's the reason its 10:45 and Haunted Mansion is still closed...
        Walt's Magic Kingdom

AP since 1984

Comment

Originally posted by no1here View Post
          Since no specific location was specified in the story it's hard to be sure. But it's definitely interesting.

Comment

I hope the CM was not seriously injured.
            sigpic

Comment

It sounds like it was a subcontractor, not a cast member.

Comment

ouch.......

Comment

Originally posted by no1here View Post
                  Mansion was delayed opening this morning due to server issues that were causing animation and audio problems.

The construction area is behind Pirates where they are building a massive new kitchen facility for NOS. It's a project that has been under way for six months, and won't be done until April, 2010. The entire area is a hard hat/construction zone that meets or exceeds all Cal OSHA standards, and is filled with dozens of guys working for outside contractors and subcontractors. One of those guys wasn't paying attention and fell in a ditch and wrenched his back. End of story.

Comment

When he fell in, did he holler out "Alla-waaaaa-ooo-hoo-hoo-eeeeeeeee!"?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X