This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Soupy Sales 1926-2009

Soupy passed away this evening at the age of 83 in New York. I absolutely loved his show and watched it every day. White Fang, Black Tooth, Pookie, Peaches, it was all so funny. He was the king of the pie in the face.

You can read about him here.

sigpic

Re: RIP Soupy Sales 1926-2009

Wow, didn't even know he was sick.

Comment

Me either. It came as rather a shock.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wendygirl View Post
        Me either. It came as rather a shock.
        Howard Stern was on vacation and they played a lot of old tapes where Soupy was there. They worked on the same radio station and had some very funny encounters. Sad.

Comment

Wow... I can't believe he was 83! Rest in Peace Soupy!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
          all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

I thought he had died several years ago.

Well I guess this time it's for real. How sad.

Comment

Soupy was great! I remember that he used to host a kid's show, locally in the Los Angeles area, and it was sponsored by Bob's Big Boy restaurants.

In an era before McDonalds and the rest took over, the "Big Boy" hamburger was really a big deal, and a treat!

I also remember that little episode, I believe in the 70's, when he told the kids to go into Mommy and Daddy's room, and find all the green pieces of paper with pictures on them, and send them to his address.

Talk about a fundraiser...

Rest In Peace, Soupy.
              God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Radiobarry View Post
                I also remember that little episode, I believe in the 70's, when he told the kids to go into Mommy and Daddy's room, and find all the green pieces of paper with pictures on them, and send them to his address.

Talk about a fundraiser...
                As Snopes.com says, he was merely cutting out the middle man!

He apparently only made a couple dollars and a small fortune in monopoly money.
                -Tim

Comment

Many clips from his shows are on YouTube. And yes, that money thing will go down in history. Another funny clip they sometimes show is the time he went to the door and what he saw was totally different then what we kids saw - a topless lady. The crew played a joke on him. To see his reactions and try to keep it together for the audience was too funny.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wendygirl View Post
                    Many clips from his shows are on YouTube. And yes, that money thing will go down in history. Another funny clip they sometimes show is the time he went to the door and what he saw was totally different then what we kids saw - a topless lady. The crew played a joke on him. To see his reactions and try to keep it together for the audience was too funny.
                    I had totally forgotten about that. PRICELESS!:lol:

RIP, Soupy... You were one of a kind and will be missed.
                    Originally posted by migo
                    I poop with joy!
                    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

Comment

Originally posted by FrumiousBoojum View Post
                      He apparently only made a couple dollars and a small fortune in monopoly money.
                      As I recall, there were more than just "a couple dollars" involved. It was quite the embarrassment for all concerned.
                      God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

I used to love watching his late 70s/early 80s(?) show on KTLA. His encounters with Pookie were as drop-dead funny as Triumph the Insult Comic Dog are today.

Thanks, Soupy, for all the laughs! Knock 'em dead upstairs!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X