This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney Studios Awards 2009

Here's the list of films the studio will be offering for Oscar consideration:

Disney's A Christmas Carol
    Partly Cloudy
    Ponyo
    The Princess and the Frog
    The Proposal
    Up

Disney RSVP
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Re: Disney Studios Awards 2009

Ponyo - I have not seen it yet, but it's bound to a good contender.

The Princess and the Frog - See above.

Up - I have seen this and it's a good film.

Partly Cloudy - Good short film.

As for The Proposal, I have not seen it yet, but I will see it soon in the future.

Timekeeper
    sigpicNow the Tower of Sauron has fallen
    Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

Comment

Animated films could impact Oscars
      "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

The Proposal was a typical Sandra Bullock romantic dramedy. Nothing we haven't seen before, and it won't get any major nods. I would love to see Betty White get a nod for BSA. She was the only decent performance in the whole affair.

Disney's A Christmas Carol might do well in the animated awards. Jim Carrey's personification of Scrooge brought a new dimension to the story. It might get a nod for writing or screenplay from previously published material.

Ponyo was a bit too metaphysical, like all Myazaki films. It's meanings and presentation might be a bit beyond most of the Academy voters.

The Princess and the Frog might be the surprise contender in the music categories, but with Randy Newman at the helm, it might be a stretch given his past record with the Academy. It wouldn't surprise me if its music is performed at the Oscar show.

Partly Cloudy is a shoe-in for the best animated short subject. Nobody has ever really come close to Pixar's work.

Up ... will it be nominated for best picture? Now that there are 10 slots, it's almost guaranteed.

But who will the real winners be? It just depends on what kind of mood the Academy is in this year. Probably one of the smaller, limited releases like Sunshine Cleaning or The Hurt Locker will come out with a large number of the nods. Meryl Streep will take BA for Julie & Julia Who would I like to come away with some nods? Black Dynamite of course. It's the most unique and soul-satisfying movie to come around this year. If you haven't seen it, you should.
        Last edited by Sosai X; 11-10-2009, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
        Working...
        X