Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Precious, in Select Theaters Nov. 6

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Precious, in Select Theaters Nov. 6

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5FYahzVU44"]YouTube - 'Precious' Trailer HD[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krQiRIUSZs0"]YouTube - PRECIOUS - Trailer 2 (Life)[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiQUUoRrFhY"]YouTube- Sapphire: From 'Push' to 'Precious'[/ame]

www.weareallprecious.com

I'm really looking forward to seeing this one. It looks intense.
    Last edited by Retrocool; 11-05-2009, 05:57 PM.

Re: Precious, in Select Theaters Nov. 6

Wow, I had never seen that poster before. It is very powerful. I definitely plan to see this movie when it comes out.

Comment

This movie will probably get a lot of critical acclaim.

Oprah Winfrey on Precious: Don't Expect to "Enjoy" It

Today 10:27 AM PST by Marc Malkin

Director Lee Daniels insists he never thought that his new movie, Precious, would have much success.
      In fact, he never even thought it would be released in theaters.

"I thought it was going to go straight to DVD," Daniels told me last night at Precious' AFI Fest 2009 presented by Audi premiere in Hollywood. "I mean, who was going to want to see a movie about an obese black girl learning how to read?"
      But then he got a call from Oprah Winfrey

"I was winning my second award at Sundance and the phone rang," Daniels said. "It was Oprah. I knew then I was not going to DVD."
      Winfrey and Tyler Perry immediately signed on as executive producers of the film, which centers on an illiterate 16-year-old Harlem girl (played by newcomer and now awards-season favorite Gabourey Sidibe) who gives birth to two children fathered by her own father.

"I called to say, 'I have to do whatever I can to help promote this movie,'" said Winfrey, who received a standing ovation last night when Lee introduced her in the theater with, "Mama is in the house!"

"When I finished this movie, I said, 'It split me open,'" Winfrey said. "You are in for an experience...I don't know if the word is enjoy, but you will appreciate this experience."

Also at the premiere were castmembers Mo'Nique, Paula Patton, Mariah Carey, Sherri Shepherd and Sidibe, along with Will Smith, Sidney Poitier, Paula Abdul, Star Jones, Mary J. Blige, Forest Whitaker, Olivia Wilde and singer Robin Thicke.

Daniels said he has another project in the works with Ms. Winfrey. "I'm writing something for her," he said, quickly adding, "But I'm not allowed to talk about it."

Comment

I saw a clip of this and I want to see it. But from what I read this morning- the reviews were good, but said it might have been a bit too much. Still a movie to see, but that it would have been better if it was toned down a bit. Also, I believe it is just running on a limited showing for only about 2 weeks. Which means since I have 2 young kids I doubt than that I will get a chance to see this in the theatre and will wait until it comes out on DVD.
        Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

I saw a preview and read several articles praising this film. My 15 year old daughter wants to see it, and we may go together. I don't anticipate it being a pleasant film to watch, but from what I understand it's supposed to really be inspirational.
          Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

i think the poster is definitely beautiful. such great graphic design : D

Comment

The trailer really had me intrigued. Not sure if I'll see it or not, however.

sigpic

Comment

This is exactly the kind of movie I avoid. I leave it to the art house mavens.

Comment

A friend of mine saw it a few days ago and liked it. But, he did say it was not for the squeamish.

He did say the performances where excellent.

I'm not sure if I'm going to see it though, still on the fence about it.
                  Crazy Larry loves ya! ......Hurry up before they lock me up!

Stop by my website
                  http://www.ericedunn.com/

Comment

I want to read the book before I see it. I heard the book has a lot more graphic scenes then in the moive.
                    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X