X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A Christmas Carol

I have a real problem with the Ghost of Christmas Past

Spoiler
    They tried to make the character silly but that is not the character. Isn't the character supposed to be forcing Scrooge to reflect on the past and thus should be in the sort of mood as well? I think Muppet Christmas Carol actually did a better job on the ghosts than this movie. They really captured the spirit of that past present and future are without going to extremes. Past was silly, present was too creepy and future was not creepy enough...

Overall it was an OK movie. I enjoyed it but I don't think I am going to go out of my way to watch it again. We did the 3-d and yes it was visually beautiful, but like I said, over all I am sort of ho hum about the whole thing.

I really think Michale Cain's Scrooge was what Scrooge is, so watching Jim Carey make a mockery of the character was difficult for me. (And I LOVE Jim Carey!)

5/10 for me, not horrendous but not stupendous.

Comment

I've seen this in both standard 3D and IMAX 3D now. The film was a little too dark and scary for my six year old daughter, but it captures the essence of the book perfectly. The animation is top notch. The IMAX 3D was a deeper, more eyepopping 3D than the one at the standard theater, and had many of the kids in the audience reaching out towards the screen (I don't know why but it always makes my day to see this). I didn't see any kids reacting this way in the standard theater. There's just something about the 3D that is different or the screen size makes it appear so. I don't get it but the 3D on the IMAX was much better. That said, with the number of the scary scenes in this film, you may want to save the 3D for yourself. It's a fun christmas story with a time honored message.

Comment

Visually i give it a 9 out of 10

Story wise I give it a 3 out of 10

I love the dickens classic and to me this movie captured very little of it. It felt to geared to gimmickry (not the 3D) and slapstick humor at the expense of the story. The acting was good though.
        "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"

Arizona Cardinals 2008 NFC Champions

Comment

I really didn't enjoy it at all. I felt they tried to add action where none was needed and that the motion capture made it hard to watch. It always felt like the characters were kinda cross eyed, like they could never actually see eachother. I love the origonal story, this felt like it lacked heart.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
          Working...
          X