This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A record 20 animated features vie for Oscar nominations

Beverly Hills, CA (November 11, 2009)20 Animated Features Line Up for 2009 Oscar Race | Press Release | The Academy
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Re: A record 20 animated features vie for Oscar nominations

I already hope UP gets it. I was wishing for that the moment I saw the film. I have never been to a movie that made me cry........twice. I cried in the beginning and in the end. It was just a beautiful film. In fact, I really thought it might make the cut for BEST PICTURE. Not just 'animated'...but BEST. Beauty and the Beast was nominated for it; why not UP?
    For those of you that are curious about my wedding:
    http://www.rocknrollbride.com/2011/0...heather-tyler/

Comment

I am hoping Up, Tinkerbell and The Lost Treasure, or The Princess and the Frog. I loved up as well as Tinkerbell. Princess and the frog looks interesting.

Hope any of those 3 make it!

Thank you Solitary!

Comment

Wow....it's definitely gonna be a tough competition this year! Lots of great movies vying for the top prize.
        "Keep Moving Forward."

Comment

My predictions on nominations:

-Up
          -Princess and the Frog
          -Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs
          -Fantastic Mr. Fox
          -Coraline

I'll revise this AFTER I have seen Fantastic Mr. Fox! I think Ponyo is a strong contender too. Maybe even more so than Coraline.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
          http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Okay, some of the movies on the list I don't understand how they even stand a chance. Alvin and the Chipmunks? Deserve an Oscar? Hahahaha! I bet Disney will have 2 or 3 movies make it, though.

Click the banner! ^^^^
            Follow us on Twitter
            @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
            Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Comment

My Predictions:

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
              Princess and the Frog
              A Christmas Carol
              Fantastic Mr. Fox
              Coraline

(bolded is my predicted winner)

Why no Up? Because IMO it should be nominated for best picture, not best animated picture. With 10 nominations this year, I have no doubt it will be.

Comment

Up will of course be nominated, and will probably win. Astro Boy should at least get a nom. Ponyo was lovely. Coraline was, eh, okay. That fox movie? ECCCKKKKK. I'm not even going to see it. Cloudy? Not that hot. Princess and the Frog is a given for a nom, although I doubt it'll win.

Comment

Originally posted by Pizzapants View Post
                  Okay, some of the movies on the list I don't understand how they even stand a chance. Alvin and the Chipmunks? Deserve an Oscar? Hahahaha! I bet Disney will have 2 or 3 movies make it, though.

Those are only the entries submitted for consideration. It does not mean it has a chance at all in getting nominated.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                  http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                  http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

An animated film can be nominated as Best Animated Feature AND Best Film. The same goes for documentaries and foreign films if they meet the criteria for both categories.

Comment

Anyone think that a separate category could be made for digital animation maybe?

Comment

How can Tinkerbell and the Lost Treasure be on the list when it wasn't released theatrically?

Comment

Originally posted by Barbossa View Post
                          How can Tinkerbell and the Lost Treasure be on the list when it wasn't released theatrically?
                          It's easy when you own a theatre. It had it's qualifying run at the El Capitan Theatre in Hollywood October 16-22.
                          http://micechat.com/forums/news/1171...ns-2009-a.html
                          "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

My choices would be Astro Boy, Up, Ponyo, Coraline, and Cloudy.

Who do I hope would win?

Astro Boy. Hands down, the most enjoyable, unforgettable animated film of 2009. Don't knock it if you haven't seen it.

Comment

Up by far should win, Great Story, Characters, Music, it was both funny and touching. One of the only films that has ever made me cry (and many others). No other movie this year has even got close to what Up was, a Great Movie.
                              Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X