This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney hotel employees working sick due to cuts

After Disney cut paid sick time for Hotel Employees, many say they have been coming to work with flu-like symptoms.

NEVER a good idea especially with so many different strains of the flu going on right now.

The rift seems to come from this group not joining Disney's health program which 30 out of 31 unions companywide have already done. Sick-Time is one of the benefits.

This seems to be more about the union and Disney playing hard-ball and it's the employees (and possibly guests) getting hurt in the end.

Cuts prompt Disney hotel employees to work while sick - Around Disney : The Orange County Register

Some Disney Hotel
    * More at the link

Re: Disney hotel employees working sick due to cuts

Once again, the Unite HERE 11 Union is being DUMB and trying to blame Disney for their OWN actions.

The Union refuses to negotiate, and now cuts benefits, but still blames Disney for all its problems. Seems like the Union is more interested in Publicity than having a new contract for its members.

And I wonder where the OC Register got the story.....
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

^ I have to agree. This is a potentially deadly tactic by the union. From the start of the article it looked like it was all Disney. But once you see that 30 out of 31 union groups within the company are already on this plan it's easy to see where most of the blame lies.

Comment

It absolutely disgusts me that this union still can't get their act together and in the mean time continues to blame Disney for their blatant disregard for their members. I really do hope they will see the light soon. I also wonder if Disney will start sending home employees who are sick whether they like it or not. In the past if a front desk cast member (which are not union employees) came to work to sick to perform their job they could be sent home by the management team. Maybe they should start doing this with the union cast members to prove a point and rile them up enough to pull their head out of the rears and do what needs to be done.

Comment

No matter who you are!...if you are sick ,
          then you should take care of yourself ,
          And Think of other's.......
          ONE can blame the World what good is that
          by getting evey one eles SICK!!!! for what ever the reason!
          IT IS DAME WRONG!
          Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Maybe someone should start waving "Shame on Unite HERE 11" banners on the sidewalks. The employees they're representing are choosing between working to make money and staying home where they'll lose money.

Comment

Could this be a tactic by Disney to force the Union's hand? I've seen Management do all sorts of underhanded things to gain sympathy and hurt the Union cause.
              Amnesia used to be my favourite word, but I forgot it.

Comment

I think every work place is like that right now. We are still getting points for calling out flu or not. People who are high on points come in sick. I read a story about walmart making their employees work sick also. I know when I was a server I was forced to work sick many times ands I was serving food. The employers don't care.

Comment

But it was the UNION who stop offering Sick Pay, claiming that Disney forced them to stop doing it, even though they are working under the previous agreement, which has expired a long time ago, but it still be honored by Disney. Unite HERE stop paying it to save money.

Seems like the UNION doesn't care, and is making it a publicity stunt now....

Comment

well, unions suck. I get sick pay, but still get points if I use it. Other jobs I did not have sick pay and was threatened with getting fired if I called in...it's all the same. Employers don't care. They have a business to run and they want their employees there sick or not.

Comment

The article is unsurprisingly pro-Management...
                      Amnesia used to be my favourite word, but I forgot it.

Comment

Hope the Union and Disney can work something out, hurting people over money is horrible.
                        Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

The Union and its members want a return of Sick Pay, they have basically two options.

One, get to the table and negotiate a new contract.

Two, the Union increases its member's dues to fund the amount needed for the Union to pay Sick Leave once again.

Of course, option #2 would have many members want to get rid of the union, so it is easier to have the Union blame Disney for the Union's refusal to negotiate with Disney.

Comment

Originally posted by Exprmnt626 View Post
                            The article is unsurprisingly pro-Management...
                            I didn't get that at all. The first 1/2 of the article and the title of the article makes it sounds like it's Disney.

"Cuts prompt Disney hotel employees to work while sick" makes it sound like it's Disney if you don't read the entire article.

Comment

I bet it not just at Disneyland but all over,
                              all hotels and motel's ,eat place's ....worker's coming work
                              getting other's SICK........no matter were you go!
                              If you are sick stay HOME!....Why hurt yourself more and getting
                              other's sick long the way!
                              Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Just another example of the unions screwing their members over. The role of the union is outdated and know it.
                                Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Comment

Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
                                  well, unions suck. I get sick pay, but still get points if I use it. Other jobs I did not have sick pay and was threatened with getting fired if I called in...it's all the same. Employers don't care. They have a business to run and they want their employees there sick or not.
                                  Unions suck / employers suck. Who doesn't suck?

Comment

prudes?
                                    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
                                    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Originally posted by sleepyjeff
                                    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Comment

Originally posted by flynnibus View Post
                                      prudes?
                                      Winner!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                      Working...
                                      X